Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Wekono's Curse

Beta Player Marquess KicsitCsicska's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 1 year registered Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points
    Wekono's Wrath don't do anything with his heals, just buff his damage. But Wekono's Curse buffs his dmg when he sacrifices healing. This is the problem with this talent. This is why Wekono's Curse needs higher dmg bonus than Wekono's Wrath. Wekono's Wrath's 500dmg bonus can be more often used than the curse' 560 dmg while also stun enemies, deals its dmg instant and it gives a nice projectile buff too. The curse has much higher cd, no extra affect and also consumes healing...
    Thanks for reading my post!

Level
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    I'm missing something. I used Wekono's Curse last night.

How does Wekono's Curse reduce healing compared to base kit?
    I aim Mending Spirits at an ally it heals him the same rate as the base kit heal.
    I only lost the Spirit's chosen 300 up front.
    If I choose to aim Mending Spirits at an enemy then it deals damage.

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 1 year registered Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyOoker View Post
    I'm missing something. I used Wekono's Curse last night.

How does Wekono's Curse reduce healing compared to base kit?
    I aim Mending Spirits at an ally it heals him the same rate as the base kit heal.
    I only lost the Spirit's chosen 300 up front.
    If I choose to aim Mending Spirits at an enemy then it deals damage.
    When you use the curse for attck you get the dmg but cant heal for 3s with mending spirits, and if you heal, you cant deal dmg with it. If you stun with the wrath talent than you get the dmg bonus of the talent too, and you can use after mending spirits too, because its not on cd.

Level
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    OK. I thought I was insane..

With Curse, I maintain what I already said - player's choice to heal or damage - no true loss of healing capability was imposed by the talent. I guess this is one of those agree to disagree things.

With Wrath you are gaining the ability to stun easier and extra damage. It's changing a completely different aspect of the champion.

About your suggestion that Curse should apply damage through shields. I would be for it working through Atlas' Stasis Field and Terminus' Power Siphon - assuming it doesn't already. I'm on the fence about the standard actual shields though.
    Last edited by DaddyOoker; 07-11-2019 at 07:53 PM.

Level
    Achievements:
    I just suggest to reset its old algorithm, I don't know that did it go throuh Terminus' or Androxus' defense. But I think it should, as Makoa's Hook go through as well. But Atlas's shield is questionable. The matter that this talent needs a buff. It's one of the weakest talent next to Skye's Smoke and Daggers.

Level
    Achievements:
    There should be an Atlas with the field up in the shooting range so we can test things like this out. I want it to go thru the field to allow more possibilities to counter that field.

-------------------------------------------

OK, I played two siege last night as Damba on the troll account. My main account Damba is level 10 and for my troll account he is level 5.

Both matches I was using Wekono's Curse.

First match: https://paladins.guru/match/censored/YXHLm2yBY (16 minutes Frog Island)
    Enemy had two supports (Furia/Grohk) and did 65k+102k healing. ~167k combined.
    I was sole support. I did 36k dmg with 87k heal - Low heals for the match time but I did die 11 times and the enemy was competent. I received a few VHS cries... I did what I could.

Second: https://paladins.guru/match/censored/naH9Mrbnw (10 minutes Bazaar - I'm the losing Damba)
    Enemy had Furia with Damba(Wrath) and my team had Jenos and my Damba. Since I had a Jenos as well I could focus more on damage. I did 45k dmg with 19k heal where the enemy Damba did 33k dmg and 14k heal.

If I believe Guru it seems over half of my damage was done with the Gourd in both matches.

What do I get from only two matches?

I suck. Good thing I don't play Damba in ranked. LOL

Something is wrong with how I play him and/or my loadout. I must miss a lot. If you have some "friendly" suggestions I'm all ears.

I think the hit size of the curse is small. I think aim may be more critical than Cassie. Making it larger would make it difficult to target a specific person in a group. Not sure what a good solution would be.
    Last edited by DaddyOoker; 07-12-2019 at 02:43 PM.

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyOoker View Post
    If you have some "friendly" suggestions I'm all ears.
    I can help a little, but I think its already should be in the Gamgeplay and Strategy subforum
    I also tried out this talent in the day when I wrote this post:
    https://paladins.guru/match/852471597
    https://paladins.guru/match/852476983

I think I didn't suck, but it was bec I didn't used this talent at the first time.

The most important is that it can't be a hybrid, like e.g. Wekon's Wrath can, because it consumes the Mendig Spirit. So at the bigining I write that Im dmg, and ask for pick a healer too. Only support Wekono's Curse would suck so hard.

Damba can heal himself a little bit and I expect heals from the other healer what I asked for pick. So my base idea for its loadout was I will get many heals. So I built a heal increaser loadout, what also countains Eerie Presence bec of the missed attacks. A don't realy use it for heal the allies, just when it's realy needed, so don't use any other Mendig Spirit based cards. Here is the loadout:
    Eerie Presence (5)
    Sustenance (5)
    Many Gourds (3)
    Liminal Passage (1)
    Otherworldly (1)

Mending Spirit isn't a main attack, so don't get the bonus of caut or wrecker. So I don't realy buy them. If I buy caut I don't use Mending Spirit attack just for deal poke damage but mostly when I also can attack with Spitting Cobra. I think it's also works without caut, because its low dmg over duration doesn't kill anybody, can be healed back easily. I use Mending Spirit in close (or mid range) 1v1 situations, where it increases my burst: start with the spirit, spitting the enemy and use spirit again. It deals decent damages. It's still not enaught against tanks, they have tools for avoid it, so I use it rather on lower HP enemies. Evie is the best target (Once the curse killed her after she flought away xd)
    I use Gourd only for myself and I go to the healer when I need heal. The 40% on heals bonus is cool. I don't realy use it for flanking just when it's realy worth the end up someone. It's good in the backline as a mid range DD, I don't realy go forward. Just search a not tank enemy in the line of my sight and attack it with my curse and spitting cobra as well. While im doing it I usually take care to the main healer, because the enemy flankers will attack it, but this Damba can burst them down easiely, if the healer attacks too, not just fleeing. When im bursted i slinthering away and put the gourd under myself while im looking back ready to the defense, bec the flanker will chase me, im sure.
    The most importnat that it isn't a sniper, bec the curse isn't enaugh alone, it's just for increase your dmg. I usually tell in the lobby to the healer that I get increased heal below 50%HP, so heal me whem Im low.
    If you miss with the curse you have to wait 0.5s for try again. But if you start with Chronos, it will be reduced to 0.2s what is much better. So I start with chronos and after max out deft hands.
    If you have no enemy to attack well, you can be a healer, use your Mending Spirits all the time when you can. When your tank is shielded so don't have cauterize effect on, you can heal well too. It can be realy important when the main healer is dead. But don't forget about you are a DD.

I wish it helps
    It's still the worst option for Mal'Damba, I just tried to max out its opportunities.
    Last edited by KicsitCsicska; 07-13-2019 at 06:01 AM.

Level
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 185
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    840, i laughed
    seriously wekono's curse is pretty decent, you just have to know when to attack and when to heal

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by TangAce View Post
    840, i laughed
    seriously wekono's curse is pretty decent, you just have to know when to attack and when to heal
    You can laugh after try it in a ranked match where are decent picks.
    Wekono's Wrath has more dmg/time, more stun, better projectile, instant spit after realod (so 1100 burst) and the main benefit is that the wrath doesn't consumes Mending Spirit. Wekono's Wrath is much better in each aspects.

Level
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 185
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by KicsitCsicska View Post
    You can laugh after try it in a ranked match where are decent picks.
    Wekono's Wrath has more dmg/time, more stun, better projectile, instant spit after realod (so 1100 burst) and the main benefit is that the wrath doesn't consumes Mending Spirit. Wekono's Wrath is much better in each aspects.
    I mostly play with curse cause it allows to do more dmg, and it's decent, when i see jenos bs, curse is really not bad for exemple
    am not rly good damba but seriously, 840, it's more than the basic presence of lian... I don't think you know a lot about balancing