Thread: SKYE: Viable Preparation Loadout+Guide

Member Knight
    Level
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 500 Experience Points Forum Tier 2

SKYE: Viable Preparation Loadout+Guide

I wanted to share my Preparation builds+guide to help you guys out incase you wanted to try preparation with a proper loadout and get some feedback. Well here are my cards:-
    Decrepify-lvl 3 (lvl 4 if enemy team has 2 tanks)
    Victory Rush-lvl 5 (lvl 4 if your decrepify card is also lvl 4)
    Poisoner- lvl 5
    Emergency exit- lvl 1
    Twilight armor- lvl1 (the last card is optional but at lvl 1 or, 2 if u are playing against 2 tanks).
    This is her best prep build becuz of the mobility it gives u for elims. The new reworked Decrepify is what made Preparation focused builds viable. This is coming from experience. I am one of the few Skye players in this game who uses Preparation all the time even in ranked, you can check my skye matches for proof im not making this up+ they are all preparation atleast for the last few months. https://mypaladins.com/player/15336755/potatosnlper
    Im not showing this to prove my skill level but to prove Preparation is pretty good in the right hands. Heres the guide:
    With Preparation, Buy Cauterize until its lvl 3. DONT buy anything else until its maxed out lvl 2 isnt even enough. You need to understand alot of things as well. First of all you need to understand that you are a finisher somewhat like Evie(there are a few exceptions). You are to engage stealth 2-5s later after your dmg dealers have dismounted. Your job is to finish off backline champs below 200 of their max HP and tanks below 85% hp without debilitate. That bit of help is all she needs. She IS the follow-up. Once u get the kill u have all the mobility to flank any dmg, flank(with the exception of evie, zhin and talus),support on ur own( for flanks u need to get the first hit on them for killing them before they burst you). Once u kill the support while he is simply just 5m away from his team for example, u get your resets and u can go hidden and run away with that 50% speed before getting melted, it also helps playing around illuminate. Depending on the elo its not that easy but with good crit accuracy u can die but along with the kill. So to prevent that better you need to able to snipe the supp with ur poisons. The dmg it deals is actually not bad. It deals 250 dmg over 1.5s of the support going Hidden after that and going for another poison to finish him off is ur best bet if your allies dont try poking the supp from afar. And thats the basic thing u should do to flank full health champs. And now considering that the supp is dead, the enemy is at a huge disadvantage. You can then break out of stealth and finish the Dmg dealer or flanker as your allies can focus on them with ease and then get ur resets and basically kill the entire team. After u get caut 2, u can try to risk going for the dmg dealer or flank who is pressuring your team the most. They wont see you coming so you can take advantage of that by poisoning him from the back and aim for his head. Getting more than 3-4 crits will get u the solo kill and just run away resets+speed before the healer or the other players react. If someone on the enemy team is on ur tail, your teammates can take advantage of that by providing both dmg and pressure which will help almost capturing the point. So they will need to contest the payload and again u will get alot of openings and opportunities to strike targets who are exposed to you. If u are in a position where u cant flank or under pressure yourself, u can always poison the tanks which will keep them pressured. The poisons will act as a fair debuff and will allow ur team to follow up on the poisons bolts to kill him or just force the enemies to take a more defensive angle and maybe retreat. Skye will not always be able to flank easily depending on the enemy team. The enemy flankers or DDs have the mobility to get in and get out of fights easily, which u dont until the speed kicks in. They will go for ur supports more often so its your job to protect them. They will not expect u to actually be camping one of ur teammates like that when not being able to flank or something. The players will just come to you without needing to use one of ur abilities before the support or the flankers prey is endangered depending on the situation. But u can still use it as a form of surprise attack to save the life of the player while turning the fight into a 2v1. Skye can be incredibly versatile but that depends on your loadout card so it matters. Skye at the start of a match is more of a defensive dps and essentially acts as a countermeasure against other flanks who try to kill one of ur teammates. But if the enemy team are somewhat separated around the point you can take that to ur advantage to flank instead. Once caut is maxed, u can choose any full health backline character to kill but u need to land atleast 2 or 3 crits every time along with poisons to be able to escape with hidden and the speed buff. Skye is quite aim dependent with Preparation. She is also partially team-reliant to be effective. Until Caut is maxed, there is nothing Skye can do without her team unless one of the enemy teammates are fighting or healing far from the point like furia, jenos or snipers for example. Her Smoke Screen is a great way to distract people and maybe even waste their time. They often think u are inside it when u are simply moving behind them for a cheeky spam. And since players have maxed illuminate by now going for a kill on players stealthing near their line of sight is gonna be dangerous. With the speed that u have, u can take advantage of obstacles like the rocks in frog isle to fake your movement or predictive route. Like the enemy viktor for example sees u, and u are moving around the obstacle to his left side, the vik cant see u at that point and will try to poke u out but u can just take advantage and move the opposite direction and get the first hit on them while finishing him off giving him less time to react. Skye can still poke players outside illuminates range to keep the pressure up but flanking will get a bit more difficult. This is when Skye is team-dependent the most relying on them to provide pressure on backline+tanks etc. If your team is good at that level, illuminate doesnt mean anything at that point. If u are good, u can play around it. It takes more experience on skye to understand how to work around illuminate and its not easily explainable with words. Moving on to her ultimate, Its literally one of the if not the best ultimate in the entire game. Her Time Bomb is used to help the tanks nearly capture the point, forcing players to run away and hide behind walls. This seperates the enemy team further allowing u to nearly kill one of them for ur team. It helps your team zone the entire point turning the tide of the fight. You should never use the ult to kill people becuz thats not what its for. If the enemy team wastes their movement abilities to contest the point, this ult would help getting a double kill but thats not easy without the help of ur tanks who should be diving one of the players away from the escape route(inara for example) or just chase them down if the ult doesnt work out for the killing part(Ash or ruckus is good for that). Thats all im going to cover for now with this guide. If there is anything i missed out, ill edit the guide more for better understanding. Leave your feedback below and feel free to tell me what you feel about the post.
    Last edited by PoTAToSNlpEr; 06-20-2019 at 09:12 AM.

Level
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 161
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    well it's surprising but this isn't bad
    kinda the same I did in my guide tho

Member Knight
    Level
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 500 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    Quote Originally Posted by TangAce View Post
    well it's surprising but this isn't bad
    kinda the same I did in my guide tho
    I knew nothing about your guide so i checked it and found it later("way to skye" I think). The part about Preparation is entirely incorrect. Cooldown reduce and duration cards on hidden is terrible. She only needs victory rush with prep for both the get in and get out mobility. Its good on debilitate but bad on preparation.Without deb, every hitscan dmg dealer can out dmg skye at front. AoE dmg dealers are fair game for skye at close range with a little speed. She needs victory rush, poisoner and especially the reworked decrepify to make preparation usable. You can check either the "skye on console" or "Skye suggestion v2" thread where i made a very long reply why decrepify should not be changed unless preparation gets unlimited ammo. Im not gonna link it cuz i think linking a thread counts as "promoting" so the mods might edit them. She needs 1st hit advantage to kill normal healthpools like viktor who outbursts skye but has big headhitbox to make it easier without debilitate. For higher healthpools like tyra skye needs more than a 1st hit advantage. 1v1 opportunities are difficult to get if u arent stealthed or are in the right place at the right times in high elos and skye depends on teamplay to clean up when playing prep.

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by PoTAToSNlpEr View Post
    I knew nothing about your guide so i checked it and found it later("way to skye" I think). The part about Preparation is entirely incorrect. Cooldown reduce and duration cards on hidden is terrible. She only needs victory rush with prep for both the get in and get out mobility. Its good on debilitate but bad on preparation.Without deb, every hitscan dmg dealer can out dmg skye at front. AoE dmg dealers are fair game for skye at close range with a little speed. She needs victory rush, poisoner and especially the reworked decrepify to make preparation usable. You can check either the "skye on console" or "Skye suggestion v2" thread where i made a very long reply why decrepify should not be changed unless preparation gets unlimited ammo. Im not gonna link it cuz i think linking a thread counts as "promoting" so the mods might edit them. She needs 1st hit advantage to kill normal healthpools like viktor who outbursts skye but has big headhitbox to make it easier without debilitate. For higher healthpools like tyra skye needs more than a 1st hit advantage. 1v1 opportunities are difficult to get if u arent stealthed or are in the right place at the right times in high elos and skye depends on teamplay to clean up when playing prep.
    decrepify can be changed with the reload speed card tho, can't say which is best but i personally prefer reload

Member Knight
    Level
    Achievements:
    decrepify can be changed with the reload speed card tho, can't say which is best but i personally prefer reload
    I play skye alot. If it would be changeable with reload speed i might have known by now after testing more random builds but Decrepify is just twice better cuz she never stops firing(i guess). It takes 0.6s to reload when the card is maxed. Skye could have dished out 500 dmg average at mid to higher range at that bit of time to catch up on players who is much more mobile than you. With decrepify she doesnt need the card maxed to give full ammo lvl 3 is enough for unlimited ammo with 1 tank while lvl 4 is more than enough ammo if your dmg dealer cant poke backline and supps becuz of the 2 tanks. I mean who needs reload speed when u can get decrepify and deal nonstop chip dmg to low health players who are not close enough before your stealth expires.

Level
    Achievements:
    I play skye alot. If it would be changeable with reload speed i might have known by now after testing more random builds but Decrepify is just twice better cuz she never stops firing(i guess). It takes 0.6s to reload when the card is maxed. Skye could have dished out 500 dmg average at mid to higher range at that bit of time to catch up on players who is much more mobile than you. With decrepify she doesnt need the card maxed to give full ammo lvl 3 is enough for unlimited ammo with 1 tank while lvl 4 is more than enough ammo if your dmg dealer cant poke backline and supps becuz of the 2 tanks. I mean who needs reload speed when u can get decrepify and deal nonstop chip dmg to low health players who are not close enough before your stealth expires.
    but what if you miss poison?
    since reload last longer than poison cd you still have the bonus even if you miss...
    also when I played skye I was in top 10 world so...

Member Knight
    Level
    Achievements:
    but what if you miss poison?
    since reload last longer than poison cd you still have the bonus even if you miss...
    also when I played skye I was in top 10 world so...
    Thats a good point although i hardly miss poisons after the poison got reworked to properly fire 3 seperate bolts. It used to be 1 bolt. I can spread the poison with my aim and make sure atleast one of them land on target. I gave feedback on your concept btw.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thats a good point although i hardly miss poisons after the poison got reworked to properly fire 3 seperate bolts. It used to be 1 bolt. I can spread the poison with my aim and make sure atleast one of them land on target. I gave feedback on your concept btw.
    but hum, hitting 1/3 is pretty bad tho, anyway i simply don't like the feel of not reloading

Member Knight
    Level
    Achievements:
    but hum, hitting 1/3 is pretty bad tho, anyway i simply don't like the feel of not reloading
    I loved nimble fingers before decrepify rework. It was hard playing prep even with fast reload atleast for me so i want the card to be useful with her other talents cuz decrepify is still superior for filling the gap of preparations lesser burst. I feel bad that i never got to play the game when it was in beta. Each loadout actually had an impact to like defining the playstyle. I heard Skye was a racecar before her speed cards got nerfed. Wish they would make the game balanced again like it was.