Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Reducing the penalty for suspensions

Reducing the penalty for suspensions

Hello! Id like to discuss an issue with the current penalty system. As i believe it is too harsh to the community

"First suspension 3 days
    Second 7 days
    Third 14 days
    Fourth 30 days
    Fifth permanent"

You see. These are extremely harsh when you think about it. Theres no duration in which they return you to point 1

I suggest making all grief/harassment/feeding suspensions just 3-7 days. As i believe suspending someone's valuable work is not an answer.

People been playing paladins for YEARS and ive been around since 2016. I was pretty immature and my next penalty unfortunately is a month. Leading to permanent. I even have a fear of playing the game at all so i had to uninstall it due to my 14 days suspension being over literally emoting at the enemies in a losing match from what i remember in 2017. I would LOVE to get back into the competitive scene but i am so scared of playing again due to how easily violating is. And the extremely SEVERE punishment it holds

Permanent ban should only be given to people who cheat. No one in the world deserves to lose their nostalgia and hard work from years just because of some regrettable words. I own ALOT of limited skins with the best of them being the 2017 convention skins and losing my account would be devastating.

Thank you for reading.

Beta Player Esquire
    Level
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1 year registered Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    Permanent ban should only be given to people who cheat. No one in the world deserves to lose their nostalgia and hard work from years just because of some regrettable words. I own ALOT of limited skins with the best of them being the 2017 convention skins and losing my account would be devastating.
    Sorry but i hope they perma ban Throwers, leavers and so on, waste of my Time and certainly i will think twice to spent Money on a Game which doesn't do anything against them.

So if you still get reported and "banned", you must do something wrong? people always tell me that they report or whatever and yet i'm not banned in Paladins or got any punishment.

So don't be a Dick..

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class 25000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3
    Everyone's got an opinion on this and some will make suggestions. I'd like think that Hi-Rez has some idea as to how to deal with these issues. They may see that someone made a bad choice and will learn from it, that some will never learn that some have been really bad and may reform, that many are reported in error and that tge report system is abused. People who may have done wrong may choose to never return while others, after being banjshed may return. Consistant and happy players means more revenue and revenue means that we all can continue to play this free game.

I've been a part of online games and virtual worlds for many years. Some have lasted up to nine years before closure. These types of problems will always be a part of the online community as people are people and there are no easy one-time fix solutions. There is a constant changing ebb and flow and then there's the final permaban and eventual game shutdown.

I know. I don't make any sense.
    Last edited by Conrad_Max; 06-14-2019 at 09:23 PM.
    The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

I play Paladins: Champions of the Realm on my hardwired and mic'd PlayStation 4.

We are the "balance".

Paladins Strike ID - ConradMax.

Realm Royale

"Thank you, Support!"

Support Ticket: https://www.hirezstudios.com/submit-support-ticket/

Quote Originally Posted by Kittz0r View Post
    Sorry but i hope they perma ban Throwers, leavers and so on, waste of my Time and certainly i will think twice to spent Money on a Game which doesn't do anything against them.

So if you still get reported and "banned", you must do something wrong? people always tell me that they report or whatever and yet i'm not banned in Paladins or got any punishment.

So don't be a Dick..
    You're out there begging for the game to be that way and i get two bans in a row in the same week over a year ago and the reason was "You were being reported too much" lol

Do you know how much of a hell EU is? Youre garaunteed to end up with a report or two after every losing match

Level
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 44
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 31 days registered 500 Experience Points
    My internet went out twice in one day and i didnt get not one suspension.
    Favorite Skins

Koga:Prototype.

Maeve: Merrymaker, Raeve, Street style, Alley cat.

Strix: Bad Mother Clucker.

Moji: Dragon Born.

Main Champions: Maeve

Healers: Ying and Io.

Damage:Lian

Frontline:...

Flanks: Maeve

Jingle Bells, Barik smells, Willo laid an egg. Ze Magistrate ain't so great, and ze Paladins save ze day.

You were not reported. It seems.

Super Moderator Grand Prince Borvik's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 105
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class Overdrive 1 year registered 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Fllanknandoe View Post
    Do you know how much of a hell EU is? Youre garaunteed to end up with a report or two after every losing match
    How would you know? Besides, the system isn't so flawed that you get banned for being reported just a few times. It requires lots of people to think that you are breaking the rules, not one toxic person.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the Forum's Code of Conduct.

Banned Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 35
    Please tell me there isn’t a positive correlation between being a healer main and receiving more reports. Best advice I can give you, avoid playing supports for a bit until your report count resets as it is the role that receives the most reports. Since reporting is so easy and players get the satisfactory “an action has been taken towards the player your reported” message. There will always be tons of false reports.

I do agree the ban system needs some reworking or clarification on how it works. It’s just ridiculous to ban a 3 year old veteran of the game based on “improper language/harassment”. In my honest opinion, most people that play this game aren’t well-verses in English. The slightest critiques gets viewed as toxicity. Do all those deserve a report? In my honest opinion, probably not.

And just admit that “I’ll report you after game or reported” is like the most common “end-game” reply players give each other if any inclination of the current match is going south and downhill. To fix the toxic attitude is to first address establishing a PROPER banning system.

Member Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    i played like 10 match and i found 7 round of leavers and AFK players hi rez need to be strict on their penalty

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    @Borvik: you know how many times I've been reported just for going Resonance on Ying? Since now the report-system is automatic, there are many absolutely normal players getting banned also for stupid thing.
    I think a check system should be implemented, because REALLY some people report for stupid reasons.
    I got reported for being disconnected and spent all the game trying to re-enter (re-entered just to see "defeat"). My friend even wrote I was disconnected and unable to come back, but still our tank has reported me and asked others to do the same.
    Automatic system can't know this is stupid.

Ok to several 1-week-long ban, but forever-ban should be only applied for extremely serious reasons, not automatically... :-/
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

#AggressiveSupports
    I'm tired of repeating the same things, watch this: link

"It's just Casual/ Go Ranked if you want a decent team/You are low tier, so you're bad." Rage