Thread: -15 points

Banned Esquire
    Level
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 43
    Achievements:
    7 days registered Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points

-15 points

Hi there,

why the game is taking me 15 points every time we lose and I only gain like 6 if we win? Also I heard they level you down if they don't like what you write here. It was difficult to believe it when I first heard it but lately it is been a bit strange. Can someone say if this happened to them too?

Beta Player Grand Prince NaixSenpai's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 225
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 5000 Experience Points Overdrive 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    my elo is kinda the same no idea how that works
    An Epidemical Mayhem

Level
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 78
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    "level you down if they don't like what you write here"

LOL - I would have -9999 by now.

Banned Esquire
    Level
    Achievements:
    glad to know!!...my friend and I began to see the "coincidences" LOL

Banned Esquire
    Level
    Achievements:
    Naix my elo should be very bad. I have lost like 15 matches in a row. I leveled down 2 or 3 so I still don't understand why they taking me so much. My elo was never high because I am not good. This is just something happening right now and not happening in the other account I have. It is just strange.

Level
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 78
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    Not seeing the code behind it... I can only make assumptions.

Each match has a win probability when considering your team against the enemy. If you win when you were expected to win you don't get as much TP as you would if you had won against a high loss expectation.

Let's say you are Gold.
    If you win against Golds, you should get an average TP gain for that.
    If you win against Plats, you should get above average TP gain for that.
    If you win against Silvers, you should get below average TP gain for that.

If you lose against Golds, you should get an average TP loss for that.
    If you lose against Plats, you should get below average TP loss for that.
    If you lose against Silvers, you should get above average TP loss for that.

You will see signs of this behavior if you look at your account on the Paladins Guru Website - look at the ELO change. BTW, The ELO shown there is not Paladins' ELO so don't expect a perfect match.

Then add in loosing streaks which also affect it. You have to break the streak (A meaningful break not just 1 or 2 wins) to get it to switch the bias the other direction. Really, if you loose two in a row, take a break for an hour or two.

There might be a sort of performance metric also contributing but I have no way to confirm this.

Now add possible bugs...

Hope this makes SOME sense.

Beta Player Grand Prince NaixSenpai's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 225
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 5000 Experience Points Overdrive 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by SSilverCloud View Post
    Naix my elo should be very bad. I have lost like 15 matches in a row. I leveled down 2 or 3 so I still don't understand why they taking me so much. My elo was never high because I am not good. This is just something happening right now and not happening in the other account I have. It is just strange.
    you had been leveled down ? srsly thats a news for me actually i have doubt its true lol. and by points i was thinking the points of next rank in game lol

it does not make sense level means experience if you lose your experience in game had been grown up lol wtf. lets just ignore the fact that level system is stupid in this game cuz you can buy it for champions that you never played thats why my furia is 20
    An Epidemical Mayhem

Banned Esquire
    Level
    Achievements:
    Naix I mean in ranked games. You do classification and let's say they place you in Gold II. Then you begin to play more and if you win you level up to Gold I..then Platinum IV...etc

Sometimes when you win you gain less points than when you lose. But losing 15 and gaining only 6 for so long...this had never happened to me before. And never lost 12 games in a row in casual before. I recorded some stuff in ssilver account and also recorded in others accounts I had and the difference is hilarious.

This only happen in this account. Not in the rest. And I just wonder why.

yeah Daddyooker maybe that is how it works but it is just so different in each account that can't even know. When recording with ssilver is like the weapons don't even do damage and it is so slow. Just funny.

Level
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 31 days registered Forum Tier 2 Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points
    Hi there,

why the game is taking me 15 points every time we lose and I only gain like 6 if we win? Also I heard they level you down if they don't like what you write here. It was difficult to believe it when I first heard it but lately it is been a bit strange. Can someone say if this happened to them too?
    something something since the MM thinks your elo doesn't belong where it is, it'll be harsh in terms of tp

Super Moderator Emperor Wallachia's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger Second Class 50000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3 Forum Tier 2
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Also I heard they level you down if they don't like what you write here.
    That was the most ridiculous assumption one could ever make about how the game works. You couldn`t be more detached from reality with such wild statement. I won`t even bother explaining how this is not even remotely possible.

Congratulations. Let`s celebrate this feat by closing this non-constructive thread.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the Forum's Code of Conduct.

HiRezAlyssa's Personal Power Ranger and Head Mod of Paladins Forums.

If it's for the good of all and general happiness of the nation, I am ready. Tell the people I'll stay!