Thread: players leaving paladins for those reasons

players leaving paladins for those reasons

Hi
    first sorry for my bad english .
    i'm wrinting this to tell why many players left this game and me either i'm feeling very bored.

first of all it's about account level :
    account level means nothing in this game u can be account lvl 10000 or lvl 15 it's the same
    you can be champs level 500 or 30 it's the same

second thing , ranked roles picks ... when i play ranked many people pick whatever they want they don't care about the team for exemple we have 2 tanks 1 flank 1 damage and we need a healer but the last player pick another damage champ and we lose the game cause of him or there is some players picking champs lvl 0 in ranked and he plays this champ for the first time in ranked and we lose cause of him and when you reach diamond you can't even play with your friends you can just play with 1 friend so you are pushed to play with random players choosing whatever they want in ranked they don't care if the team need a tank or heal no they'd rather choose 2 or 3 dmg than a tank and heal if you really don't find solutions for those problem from here to 1 or 2 years in the future you will just have 1k max players playing this game .
    thanks

Beta Player Grand Prince NaixSenpai's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 225
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 5000 Experience Points Overdrive 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    well if there are some ehem selfish players in the ranked does not mean the game is bad my mean those players can be found ANY WHERE in ANY GAME, but yes your thread has a point the limitation about you can only match up with 1 person after diamond and so on that kinda reduce the fun i agree on that one
    An Epidemical Mayhem

Banned Esquire
    Level
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 43
    Achievements:
    7 days registered Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points
    Maybe for rank they should be an established set up like if there is already a damage it is not possible to take another..And if people want to be more creative they could play in casual.

Maybe we could have 2 different rank versions...There might be some people willing to be more creative and others willing to stick to the regular set up

Level
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 60
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    I think that would be a mistake and limiting.

It's quite common for a winning combo to have two damagers and no flanks or no damage and two flanks. Also say a dmg Grohk could replace a damage.

A forced minimum of 1 front and 1 support could be OK but that's as far as I would be willing to take it.

I'm not sure how this would work in reality with the way the drafting works and the possibility that a swap couldn't be done. A requirement to "own" all champions would have to be imposed - not a bad idea anyway but there is resistance to that for whatever reason.
    Last edited by DaddyOoker; 06-14-2019 at 11:33 AM.

Banned Esquire
    Level
    Achievements:
    I agree with you. It can be limiting and I have seen 2 damages working good or grok as damage etc. But since some matches are getting really crazy...I wouldn't mind to play with a more or less fixed structure. Maybe it would avoid some problems and dramas.

What I don't know..is how they could fix the problem of trolls going afk or just not doing anything.

Level
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    Part of the "crazy" is the game encouraging people to enter ranked for the sole purpose to satisfy some "challenge" like "Play x games of ranked". Some of these people don't care if they win or not. Some have never played more than a few games of siege. No valid reason to encourage this.

I agree about the trolls/feeders. I have no solution. All you can do is report them. If they are habitual offenders they should get banned eventually.

For the disconnects maybe the game can do a packet loss and ping speed test when trying to enter the Q to make sure your connection is stable - if not stable kick from the Q with an appropriate error message.

Some education for WiFi users wouldn't hurt either. Fortnite has a message on the loading screen regarding the stability of wired over wireless. Maybe something similar would help. I have a Netgear router and the WiFi simply sucked until I flashed a third party firmware on it. Still I won't use the WiFi for gaming purposes.

Banned Esquire
    Level
    Achievements:
    Totally agree. There is this part of encouraging people to enter ranked for the challenge...but if it is a challenge....why not trying to win actually!

I remember the first time I joined a ranked match. It was a total disaster...and people were right to be angry. I didn't join a ranked game again until I got all the champions and learnt how to use them a bit. I know I won't be able to be decent with some of them no matter what....but at least I tried to learn a few of each category...and practice a bit on casual. I felt it was not fair for the rest to do ranked otherwise. That doesn't mean I do fine...probably the opposite... but it is not trolling...I do my best.

I have seen people in ranked with level 0 champion and saying they just want to try it...Others not even knowing what items to buy...others saying they are back after a year and want to see if they remember how to play...Could the game block them from entering rank if at least they don't play for a week lol or maybe they can't use a champ if it does not have level 5? I don't know...

Level
    Achievements:
    I have no idea why they don't try to win. When you figure it out let us all know.

Being decent with just 2-3 champions per class will be enough in 95% of the cases. In the rare case you have nothing you are decent with maybe do a swap with someone - risky with some people. Some will agree to swap and refuse when it's time.

A week of no activity? Too low. I use two different accounts so one account may have no activity for a while but I'm actually still playing.

What you say about the items is true - definitely a need for an item tutorial that must be read/seen before playing ranked. Some of that L0 stuff is just smurfs trying to get a reaction. Hard to tell the difference sometimes though.

There's been a lot of "discussion" about the entry requirements and also minimum champ levels. It's been hashed over and over by many people. So far it appears the powers that be aren't listening.

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    @OP
    Same as I wrote in another thread. If your ranked idea is "we 4 pick whatever we want and then the last one should fill and if s/he hasn't, blame on him/her", then go and play casual. If the last one can't play a specific champ or role (for being bad, not having champ unlocked, not having a proper loadout, being still in training with champ...) you can't force him/her to play nonetheless.
    You have a chat for a reason. The ONLY reason to play ranked is exactly to have a draft phase, so composing a better team, and yet, 95% of times, the only one speaking in chat it's me. I got deranked just yesterday for this reason. Bad team compositions for no one is reading.
    If you have 5 people waiting, you MUST compose a team all together. As soon as you're there, write your mains and your worst pick (I usually write "main support, I suck at tank."). Read if someone has special requests ("save Makoa for me" Try to save the meta choices for the team, if you're first picker), suggest to swap role when needed.
    Picking brainlessly your main and expecting others (the last pickers, that means, usually, the worst players in the team!) to fill, without even asking is not playing ranked. It's trolling.
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

#AggressiveSupports
    I'm tired of repeating the same things, watch this: link

"It's just Casual/ Go Ranked if you want a decent team/You are low tier, so you're bad." Rage