Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: False Reports Need to be Punished

Beta Player Sovereign Prince SiderumNocte's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 239
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 2

False Reports Need to be Punished

Legitimate reasons to report are:
    1) Cheating/Hacking
    2) Harassment
    3) AFK/Intentional Feeding

I've sat up all night playing ranked and all I've seen is "Report X Player" for no legitimate reason.

Picking a Talent that isn't arbitrary decided to be Meta is not a reason to report.
    Picking a champion that you do not like is not a reason to report.

If anything is toxic in this game it's this attitude and it needs to be addressed.

Reporting for stupid shit like X player didn't play that well or picked a wrong talent or champion should be construed as False Reporting.

I cannot tell you how many times I saw people turn on their teammates saying Report X player just because they lost.

Nothing happens to these players so they keep on doing it. This does not foster a good community.

I almost never report unless someone Intentionally went AFK or is basically Cheating.

I had a player say I had "Squid Brain" all game long and after the match was over he messaged me telling me I had "Squid Brain" over and over. Honestly I should have reported him for Harassment but I'm the type to leave people alone in their salt. I don't care, say what you want to say but when the game ends leave it be.

It's beyond petty to incite other players to report another player just because you lost and yet this practice is so damn common in Rank.

I don't know what other people think about this or if they have the same issues.
    I play in NA so I don't know what EU is like.

I understand that this issue is tough to address because the way reports work but I do think it is going to be critical at some point if this game actually wishes to have a flourishing Ranked scene.

Even if you manage to "fix" Matchmaking this will be the next big problem for people.
    Patch 1.4 Ying Best Healer in the Damn Game.

Support Skye is a better healer than Jenos.

Beta Player Esquire
    Level
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1 year registered Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    Reporting for stupid shit like X player didn't play that well or picked a wrong talent or champion should be construed as False Reporting

If we have 3 DPS, 1 Tank and the Last Pick picks DPS too thats a Report because i want to play Ranked and not let People turn Ranked into Casual, it's already bad enough.

When the Enemy Team has only Atlas and our Damage buys Wrecker 3 even though we are telling him that Wrecker is useless, it's a Report.

and so on..

I'm not sure if you qualify it as "Picking the wrong Champion or playing not that well".

In the End i would be a bit cooler in regards of Reporting but like i said, Players destroy Competitive and I feel like thats the only way to battle against it (a bit atleast)

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Well, I report tons of players every day. For harassment, afk and feeding (when someone is emoting instead of playing, I suppose it's feeding). But, yes, I suppose I am reported at least twice a game for... not picking healing-bot build.
    I think adding a disclaimer on the report form would help, something on the like of "you can't report someone for using a talent/loadout/champ you don't like. Abusers will be punished". Since now they're using an automatic ban system, there's nothing more you can do.
    You'd need to put someone manually checking reports for doing what you are suggesting. Not that it would be bad, but I don't think it's manageable at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittz0r View Post
    If we have 3 DPS, 1 Tank and the Last Pick picks DPS too thats a Report because i want to play Ranked and not let People turn Ranked into Casual, it's already bad enough.
    So, you can all pick whatever you want, but last one shall fill, even if he's bad at the role...
    Great strategy. What about ASKING before picking? I always say, first sentence, that I suck at playing tank. They all ignore me. Then, when I don't pick a tank, they insult me.
    Picking without asking the team is playing casual. But you all are doing it, not just last picker. He's not more guilty than you.
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

#AggressiveSupports
    I'm tired of repeating the same things, watch this: link

"It's just Casual/ Go Ranked if you want a decent team/You are low tier, so you're bad." Rage

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class 25000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkure View Post
    So, you can all pick whatever you want, but last one shall fill, even if he's bad at the role...
    Great strategy. What about ASKING before picking? I always say, first sentence, that I suck at playing tank. They all ignore me. Then, when I don't pick a tank, they insult me.
    Picking without asking the team is playing casual. But you all are doing it, not just last picker. He's not more guilty than you.
    I highly agree with you here. This is a team based game. During the few moments before a match starts members of the team should be discussing what role they will be playing and game strategy. Unfoirtunately, most players choose not to communicate and some will do so at the end of the of the game by insulting other players who did not perform to their expectation. This happens in Casual and Ranked.

It's not one person's fault that their team loses badly, oftentimes consistantly, but the team's inability to communicate, strategize and work together.
    Last edited by Conrad_Max; 06-12-2019 at 11:24 AM.
    The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

I play Paladins: Champions of the Realm on my hardwired and mic'd PlayStation 4.

We are the "balance".

Paladins Strike ID - ConradMax.

Realm Royale

"Thank you, Support!"

Support Ticket: https://www.hirezstudios.com/submit-support-ticket/

Level
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 44
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points 31 days registered Forum Tier 2 Tagger Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkure View Post
    Well, I report tons of players every day. For harassment, afk and feeding (when someone is emoting instead of playing, I suppose it's feeding). But, yes, I suppose I am reported at least twice a game for... not picking healing-bot build.
    I think adding a disclaimer on the report form would help, something on the like of "you can't report someone for using a talent/loadout/champ you don't like. Abusers will be punished". Since now they're using an automatic ban system, there's nothing more you can do.
    You'd need to put someone manually checking reports for doing what you are suggesting. Not that it would be bad, but I don't think it's manageable at the moment.

worst part are the silent insta lockers

Level
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 377
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 Forum Tier 2 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    The way I view it, is that there are other legitimate reasons save for the default 3 in the report section: That's why there is a report for 'other' reason. There have been multiple times that I've had people completely throw the draft (I only play ranked mind you), all because they didn't want to read the chat, or attempt to communicate, and essentially made a match unwinnable because of this. After all, this is a team based game, and failing to communicate your strongsuits and your weakpoints, especially in a game mode that's sorta, well, the more competitive mode, is basically throwing to some degree.
    Protect your supports please... They want support too!
    Support main/Pip main. Greatest healing: 230,070 | Current goal: 200,000 achieved! Take a look at it! Woohoo!

Just a silly idea

Support Pip guide here!

Fix the Pip bugs! There are 40 of them, so can we fix them please?

Level
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 377
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 Forum Tier 2 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad_Max View Post
    It's not one person's fault that their team loses badly, oftentimes consistsntly, but the team's inability to communicate, strategize and work together.
    I have to agree to disagree here. There are many times where I ask people if they want something for me to lock (and I usually only get people who want me to lock in some DPS that most likely won't get picked (such as a first pick Vivian), and after supports/tanks/dps are locked, someone will make their first comment: 'I can't play any other role besides x' which would, well, mean that it's more so on one person there, and not the team's fault.
    Protect your supports please... They want support too!
    Support main/Pip main. Greatest healing: 230,070 | Current goal: 200,000 achieved! Take a look at it! Woohoo!

Just a silly idea

Support Pip guide here!

Fix the Pip bugs! There are 40 of them, so can we fix them please?

Level
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points 7 days registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad_Max View Post
    It's not one person's fault that their team loses badly, oftentimes consistsntly, but the team's inability to communicate, strategize and work together.

One person can make all the difference though. While communication is very important, every teammate is important. And sometimes one wrong move by 1 person can cost the win.
    Schools out.

Fix maeves bugs

I seem to have bad luck when it comes to getting put with good teams. None the less i get best flank 90% of the time. I would like to get put with better players so if you would like to play with me ps4. My ign is: Maeveinator

YOU ROCK!.... CANCEL THAT!

Level
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 137
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Grinsleeper View Post
    One person can make all the difference though. While communication is very important, every teammate is important. And sometimes one wrong move by 1 person can cost the win.
    yeah but just because someone makes a mistake is not a valid reason to report
    #make-ash-angry-again!
    ign:koopa
    Quote Originally Posted by Borvik View Post
    just imagine buck in a speedo...
    flank: Androxus, Evie, Fernando
    damage: strix, bomb King, pip
    tank: makoa, Khan, Buck
    support: furia, jenos, Skye

Level
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 35
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Overdrive 500 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Koopakid View Post
    just because someone makes a mistake is not a valid reason to report
    If that were a valid reason I'd be banned for life by now