Thread: Matchmaking Issues & Game Improvements Suggestions

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester

Matchmaking Issues & Game Improvements Suggestions

1. Account levels doesn't matter.
    It just means absolutely nothing to Evil Mojo. Why do you queue up different account levels together. it's not fair to have 2-3 new players in my team that haven't played the game enough, inexperienced, doesn't know the champion they are playing or his/her cards, doesn't know what their champion capable of as well as not knowing what enemy champions can do. While enemy team have much more higher accounts levels and well-experienced. It's not fair for the new players or for higher accounts levels that worked hard on themselves to reach this level.

2. Buying Champion's levels with Gold.
    What were they thinking when they made this option. It's completely delusional to other players thinking that those players worked hard on that champion to reach to that level. Which is now also means absolutely nothing. not like the old days anymore. Could they just remove this option. I know people buy levels to get the obsidian, cosmic and golden skins and champions titles and their legendaries. You could at least let them buy the levels .. but in Ranked show the actual level of the champion.

3. TP in Ranked.
    Why do I have to lose a lot of TP in a ranked match that I actually played well in it further more I even got the Top Play. While others were doing nothing and absolutely useless. I mean if I'm performing well on my champion class and I mean better than average, I should lose less TP than the rest of my team that were for example dying every minute, afk, trolling ...etc

4. Ranks Frames.
    Why do you give me a frame of my rank that if I wanted to show it off. I have to discard the frame that I actually paid money for. Could you just make an option to put it like top left/right banner on the actual frame that I bought ?

5. End match Scoreboard.
    How is it a scoreboard if I'm the only one that can see how many solo kills I did, multi kill, DMG taken. Could you add those details to the score board ? and also add more options in the reporting system, kinda like the ones that LOL have ?

6. Game Mods and Events.
    Don't entirely remove the old game mods like Dragon Baller or Rise of Furia and add more game mods events instead of skins only events.

Level
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 13
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Forum Tier 3 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Account level should only matter to a certain extent from a matchmaing perspective. Since account XP boosts exist 2 players could have identical playtime would can be like 100 levels apart from each other.
    Also the playerbase just isn't big enough to have teams that aren't about equally strong on average but actually each contain equally strong players. So sometimes you have to put more seasoned players with newer ones to find a match for all those players without making them wait 10min.
    That's still no excuse to have lvl 500 players with lvl 30 players that aren't in a party in one match.

Who cares. Champion levels don't matter for MM anyways.

No. Just no. They already said they won't do that and they have good reasons for it.
    Paladins is a team game. Therefore you are rewarded for team performance, not individual performance. The current system encourages you to sacrifice everything for team victory, including your personal stats. That's how it should be.
    Just think about it. If TP gain/loss was based on personal performance, People would instead sacrifice team victory for their own performance. Why bodyblock for a low HP teammate if that just might get me killed and reduce my TP gain? Why flank that really good cassie that's winning them the game if I can just farm kills and spawncamp that noob kinessa instead? Why stand on the objective when I get more TP chasing kills? Why playing tank and support at all?
    Ranked would turn into TDM. It would be horrible.
    It's natural how this suggestion is only ever made by people who mostly play dmg/flank in ranked and don't main sup/tank. Bc there are no numbers that can say how much impact a tank or support actually had. That beautiful dread serpent that leads to a teamwipe, saves 2 teammates and wins you the point? Damba gets 3 elims for that. About as much as he would have for just healing someone who kills 3 people without his ult. Or how much a front line creates space. What number shows that? The tanks and supports winning the game just end up improving the numbers of their dps. Bc tanks and supports win the game, the dps just get the kills off their setup.

In other words: It would ruin ranked entirely and just be a f*** you for every good support and tank in ranked.

Why? Ranked frames were a thing waaaaay before all those fancy loading frames existed. They used to be shown already during the draft which led to toxicity, so they removed them. Tbh there is nothing wrong with the current system. They already have enough work to do and don't need to waste time with stuff like this.

Why do you want to see all those stats anyways? Again, not really a priority.

Game modes take a to of work and resources and just introduce new bugs that require even more resources to be fixed.
    I mean just think about how buggy Dragons call was and how they didn't manage to fix it in the entire duration of the event.
    Btw they already confirmed they won't be doing something like lots of new gamemodes or gamemode of the day or new event gamemodes. IIRC there is a new gamemode on the roadmap, but it's going to be something permanent that'll be worth the resources spent.
    The ability to read often turns out to be incredibly helpful. I'd appreciate if you'd consider to read a post before you embarrass yourself with a dumb reply.

Level
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 35
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Overdrive 500 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    I have two accounts - one is 79 and the other is 27 - both PC - I play ranked on both.
    I can tell you that it matters not just about skill/knowledge but also how the MM works.

Smurfs aside, the lower level accounts get matched with low level trash that have little knowledge of items and team comps. This is from someone who is obviously not a serious player. I think there is some percentage of high level players creating "noob" accounts with the intention of ruining the "noobs" games - maybe as payback.

The MM appears to be doing it's best to keep the very low levels away from the higher account levels. You can see examples of this in a post I recently made in the June rage thread. My level 79 account will match with just about anything. I have yet to determine at what account level the gates open up to the higher accounts.

I think there is a gray area in the account level 60-100 range. Some of these people are very good while others still have a lot of learning to do.

One problem I see is a higher level in a party with a low level. Maybe that shouldn't be allowed in ranked - might discourage some of the smurfing too.

If it's going to continue to allow low level party with higher level then I think that an account level below ~60 in a party should not be skill boosted for the purpose of MM - smurfs mess this idea up some.

Member Recruit
    Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarenzed View Post
    No. Just no. They already said they won't do that and they have good reasons for it.
    Paladins is a team game. Therefore you are rewarded for team performance, not individual performance. The current system encourages you to sacrifice everything for team victory, including your personal stats. That's how it should be.
    Just think about it. If TP gain/loss was based on personal performance, People would instead sacrifice team victory for their own performance. Why bodyblock for a low HP teammate if that just might get me killed and reduce my TP gain? Why flank that really good cassie that's winning them the game if I can just farm kills and spawncamp that noob kinessa instead? Why stand on the objective when I get more TP chasing kills? Why playing tank and support at all?
    Ranked would turn into TDM. It would be horrible.
    It's natural how this suggestion is only ever made by people who mostly play dmg/flank in ranked and don't main sup/tank. Bc there are no numbers that can say how much impact a tank or support actually had. That beautiful dread serpent that leads to a teamwipe, saves 2 teammates and wins you the point? Damba gets 3 elims for that. About as much as he would have for just healing someone who kills 3 people without his ult. Or how much a front line creates space. What number shows that? The tanks and supports winning the game just end up improving the numbers of their dps. Bc tanks and supports win the game, the dps just get the kills off their setup.

In other words: It would ruin ranked entirely and just be a f*** you for every good support and tank in ranked.
    you didn't get what I meant on that point .. I said if I perform well in the class I'm playing (tank, supp, dmg, flank)
    and we lose the match .. I should lose less TP
    like if I'm tank and have the most objective time between tanks or at least my team .. I should lose less TP
    If I'm supp and I'm the best healer .. I should lose less TP
    If I'm dmg and got the best dmg .. I should lose less TP
    If I'm flank and get the most kills or got the best flank .. I should lose less TP

I don't mean the one who got the most kills to lose less ofc not .. the team would be chasing kills like you said
    I mean you have to do your role
    like most of the time I get a healer that doesn't even have a healer loadout and he goes for the dmg and kills .. examples like this should lose way more TP than the rest of the team

I don't believe that someone would sacrifice the team victory by leaving a team mate to die or farm kills just to lose less TP .. instead they would do their role better to win more TP not lose less
    I'm main tank/supp btw

Member Recruit
    Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyOoker View Post
    The MM appears to be doing it's best to keep the very low levels away from the higher account levels. You can see examples of this in a post I recently made in the June rage thread. My level 79 account will match with just about anything. I have yet to determine at what account level the gates open up to the higher accounts.
    I'm lvl 272 .. and in every match I get at least one player (if not 2 or sometimes even 3 new players) that are below lvl 50 .. !!!
    how is that fair !!! how is that MM doing it's best ?!!
    I'd rather wait 10-15 mins instead

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyOoker View Post
    One problem I see is a higher level in a party with a low level. Maybe that shouldn't be allowed in ranked - might discourage some of the smurfing too.
    being in party with low lvl account is okay if only enemy team would get also a low lvl account (smurf or not) .. it doesn't matter as long there is balance between the lvls

and if you watch some of the streamers on mixer who make custom games with viewers you will notice they balance the teams according to the lvl of the account

Member Recruit
    Level
    Achievements:
    like this match for example --> 3 new player all of them below lvl 50, rank gold 5 except andro gold 2 .. still learning their champion
    while I'm lvl 270 and plat 3 !!!

Member Recruit
    Level
    Achievements:
    I've been in this side and other side as well .. I once queued up with a grand master while I was only gold 2 .. I swear I didn't even see the enemy team at the point .. how is that fair to them ?!!
    whether you want to admit it or not .. MM is broken

Level
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 35
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Overdrive 500 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    Sure it matters. If a higher level account parties up with a low level account (<60) the MM will boost that party as if it's two players of 600+ (making up a number to make a point). In reality if that low level is not a smurf it's more likely that the party doesn't deserve the party boost for MM purposes. If he's actually a smurf then it would be acceptable except that MM will also tend to put more low levels all around causing a huge imbalance.

--------------------
    Custom games don't matter and how does the streamer know if the guy is a smurf or not. I wouldn't be surprised if the streamer looks up the account and checks their stats too.

--------------------

I agree there is something wrong: https://paladins.guru/match/censored/AJH3MQJrv (BTW that Atlas is masters too) How does twin double stack parties with one party of 300+ accounts get put in with the literal noob fest in under 30 seconds. It's thinks all those solos were all smurfs?