Thread: Total rework for Lex

Beta Player Marquess KicsitCsicska's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 1 year registered Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points

Cool Total rework for Lex

Lex is never played on pro matches, literally only his ultimate is intresting in his kit. While Androxus is maybe the best designed flanker in the game, Lex stands on the opposite side. He's got an overpower skill against a random (!) enemy and a massive autoaim damage dealing skill. I don't think that these skills are incites the player to make claver plays, so I would like to rework him with the need of keep his cop-feeling!

RMB skill: Tear gas grenade: He throw a tear gas grenade what fills a 25 units radius area in 2s extending outwards. Enemies affected by this gas are silenced and have obscure sight while being in the area and for 3s after leave it. The max area form is lasts for 5s.

Q skill: Warrant of Caption Area: He designates an area by selects the center of the 25 units radius circle. Every enemy will be revaled for him in this area. There is a traffic buoy on the centerpoint. He also designates an invisible spawn point in the area by watch there and press Q again. He can deploy these points from a max 40 units range. He have to put the second point down too to activate the area. He will be able to teleport onto the spawn point only when an enemy is in the area. The area and the spawn point disappears and skill goes onto cooldown when he teleports in it or dies.

He needs a talent rework, because his Discovery is based on a skill, what I suggest to delete. The new talent would make him fckin awesome!
    Discovery -> Motorcycle Policeman: He will get again a Retribution target without any bonus against him/her! It will be the furthermost enemy when he changes the target, because of the last one died. He recieves a 1000 HP shield for 4s, and a motorcycle also for 4s after kill his Retribution target. This has got the same maximum movement speed as the horse and it recieves the Master Riding's bonus too, instead of Nimble's. It could skid and tilt and also has got general physical propertys like acceleration. Lex' hitbox is smaller while he is riding. Use a skill cancels his motorcycle but not the shield.

The new skills needs new cards as well, but these cards shouldn't be cd reducer or area increaser cards, becasue these could buff the other cards based around the same skill and make simple loadout combos.

All of the new skills are about control areas, what police does. Make the escaping harder for the enemies. He still could work as a cop, could get a cool motorcycle what cops need and makes his skills harder to use well!
    Don't keep him a low-key champion, police' job isn't easy!
    Last edited by KicsitCsicska; 05-29-2019 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Tear gas grenade extended
    Thanks for reading my post!

Beta Player Sovereign Prince Shadowpuppy's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 13
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    This is to crazy and would never happen. You are not fixing his issues but creating a different champ.

Lex has two issue that keeps him from being played in competitive.

His mobility is garbage unless you put every point into loadout cards to make him usable.

But the real reason he is not being played is because Jenos is must pick right now and his basic skill hard counters lex do to the fact that Lex cannot slide in the air.

Add 5 units to his base slide and allow him to slide in the air and he would be fine.

I would be up for them removing the auto aim and replace it with right click shoots both pistols into the ground and lifts lex up 5 units can be stacked to get up to anything of 30 units as you csn shoot both pistols 6 times before ojt of ammo

Beta Player Marquess KicsitCsicska's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 1 year registered Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points
    The best would be add both of our suggestions
    Auto aim for a high damage skill and advantage against one, random player are still bad. I suggested that add a motorcycle talent for whos need more mobility, but a general buff - what you suggested - is needed too.
    Thanks for reading my post!

Beta Player Grand Prince M3RC3N4RI0's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 199
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 5000 Experience Points Forum Tier 3 1 year registered
    Lex is a champion designed to be played by beginners. Press Q, attack, shoot, slide, use right-click for hard to hit opponents. He was never really popular at pro-play. The point about Lex is not to make clever play but to have a flank for beginners which can compete against more experienced players.

Beta Player Sovereign Prince Shadowpuppy's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 13
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    This is not true at all. There are allot of champs that are easy to play that are viable in higher level play. You can make smart plays with any champion l.

Beta Player Esquire
    Level
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    [edited by mod]

The only thing I think that needs to change with Lex is his In Pursuit auto-aim ability. Other than that, everything else is fine.
    Last edited by Borvik; 06-25-2019 at 12:17 PM.

Super Moderator Grand Prince Borvik's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 56
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class Overdrive 1 year registered 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4
    If you don't like an idea, that's fine, but don't be rude about it, or you'll find yourself in trouble.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the Forum's Code of Conduct.

Member Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 33
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    lex is now broken i can destroy tanks shields destroy flankers way too easy right now, the atk speed are slow but to me its like using buck atk speed