Thread: Buck buff

Level
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points Forum Tier 2

Buck buff

So the buff/nerf Barik received got me thinking of a way to buff buck to make him more viable. I am well aware buck was recently buffed on the same patch as barik, getting an extra shot in his clip. But this buff still doesn’t feel like it’s enough to push buck into most metas. The obvious issue is not over buffing buck, we all remember when he use to be a pain in the ass with his damage reduction and 50% rejuvenate. As much as I miss that, it was a little broken at the time. What I feel buck lacks is a game flow, his cooldowns all feel to long compared to other champions without points in cooldown reduction. This is coupled with the fact that they are outshined by many other flanks abilities and the fact he has the biggest flank hit box outside moji.

My proposal is that his cooldowns and cards be changed similarly to bariks. All of buck cooldowns are 10 seconds long attached to a huge reload speed. There are two cards that bring net shot and recovery down to 5 seconds and a card that brings heroic leap down to 7.5 seconds. Instead i feel all the base cool downs should be 7 or 8 seconds, however with each of the cards nerfed with the exception of heroic leap cooldowns. Each cooldowns card would be 2.5 or 3 seconds at max rather than 5 seconds.

Another suggestion I heard was giving heroic leap two charges, with the catch being you only have one with bounce house. I could see this as a very nice fix to buck as well since there are already cards that lower his other two abilities. You’d be able to run in and run out reliably.

My last suggestion would be to change one of two of bucks load cards. Stomping ground grants cooldown reduction on kill with the highest being 75%. I would change this instead to granting cooldown reduction on elimination, however, with the highest being 50%. This would help with his long cooldown without being too broken. Too many times someone takes a kill and it can completely screw up your whole flow. My second card change would be to revert rapid sustain so it’s inline with pips moxie without giving the damage reduction revert. A fourth of bucks kit is healing which gets countered by cauterize and lets be real, buck and pip are the two most similar champions in the game in terms of base kit.

Only one of my suggestions would be needed. All of these combined would just be overkill but I feel like they would all help push buck into a better spot in the meta by themselves.

Beta Player Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 97
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    I agree ,,, also i think the card viva siphon or something (that gives life steal after recovery) should be reworked to decrease the duration of recovery instead

Level
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I don't think Buck could ever really be meta. He rely on his self heal which is hardly counter by cauterize. So Buck loses his value after the team picks up cauterize 2.

Level
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 8
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 31 days registered Forum Tier 2 Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by KosMos View Post
    I don't think Buck could ever really be meta. He rely on his self heal which is hardly counter by cauterize. So Buck loses his value after the team picks up cauterize 2.
    his old self heal was better, it was not channeled, maybe just give that back?

Level
    Achievements:
    This is why I suggested his rapid sustain card be buffed. That way even at caut 3 he can heal himself a portion. Rapid sustain gives 25% rejuvenate when below 50% health at max, and I want it buffed to 50% percent rejuvenate. It would put him in line with pip and moji who both can rely on healing themselves, depending on playstyle of course.

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by AbdZam View Post
    I agree ,,, also i think the card viva siphon or something (that gives life steal after recovery) should be reworked to decrease the duration of recovery instead
    Depending on how they buff him I would agree with that completely. I sometimes just wish buck had less self sustain cards that heal him and other more unique cards rather than liferip after an ability.

Level
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    That also wouldn't work at as low tier players will struggle. He has that damage reduction card as well.
    It's difficult to balance something like that. Which is what I believe Bulk up tries to do. But I personally don't see Bulk up so viable. Ensnare can mostly cover bulks problem. Life steal for slowed enemies. Which yes is counter by cauterize but the difference is you can get a bit more while still having a fighting chance.

Level
    Achievements:
    That also wouldn't work at as low tier players will struggle. He has that damage reduction card as well.
    It's difficult to balance something like that. Which is what I believe Bulk up tries to do. But I personally don't see Bulk up so viable. Ensnare can mostly cover bulks problem. Life steal for slowed enemies. Which yes is counter by cauterize but the difference is you can get a bit more while still having a fighting chance.
    The damage reduction card had both the percentage and the amount of time active nerfed. I personally think it’s usless now. I mainly play ensnare since bulk up gets countered to fast at the moment.

My main focus for his buff would be to give him a quality of life on his cooldowns. Buck will always be countered by caut and his gaint hitbox, so the least they can do is give him better cooldowns be a little more mobile and active.