Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: What is going on with the forums??

Level
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 92
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    the end is near...
    #make-ash-angry-again!
    ign:koopa
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallachia View Post
    Oh hai <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Borvik View Post
    just imagine buck in a speedo...
    if you've have a bug, please click
    -->here <--
    if you need to vent, check out this months rage thread (July) by clicking
    -->here<--

Super Moderator Grand Prince Borvik's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 161
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class Overdrive 1 year registered 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4
    Quote Originally Posted by M3RC3N4RI0 View Post
    What about the guides? Can we at least use edit and copy paste?
    Yes, you can, but the editor is Markdown instead of BBcode in the new forums.

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyOoker View Post
    Having done similar things like this in the past myself, the usual procedure is to freeze the current forum so it's content is static. The old forum's content gets imported/converted into the new forum. At that point the new forum can take the place of the old forum.

Obviously I have no idea if that's how they intend to do it.

Hopefully they did a trial import/convert run to know more or less how long the forum will be down. Since the forum has been down for weeks previously I wouldn't bet on it.

If you have something here that you think you can't afford to lose I suggest you copy it now - just in case it gets lost.
    This forum will be frozen. It's not possible to transfer the old data through two different forum programs. We've already transferred/rewritten stickies that we felt were needed.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the Forum's Code of Conduct.

Level
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Borvik View Post
    Yes, you can, but the editor is Markdown instead of BBcode in the new forums.

This forum will be frozen. It's not possible to transfer the old data through two different forum programs. We've already transferred/rewritten stickies that we felt were needed.
    I'm not going to argue about it other than to say almost anything is technically possible if the inclination is there.

https://www.npmjs.com/package/nodebb...port-vbulletin
    https://github.com/akhoury/nodebb-plugin-import

I can certainly understand why they may not want to be bothered.

How long do they intend to keep the old forum available in a frozen state? This forum's url will change to something like forums.paladins.com--> old_forums.paladins.com and the new one take it's place or the new one has a new url?

Sorry if I'm a pita and I appreciate you answering this stuff.