Thread: The NOT-SO-KNOWN reason why competitive is not balanced

Level
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 1
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered

Exclamation The NOT-SO-KNOWN reason why competitive is not balanced

First off, there are other reasons and this might be not the primary reason, but it's significant.

Reason: Soft resets of competitive

Imagine:

- player x is account level 250 and very skilled
    - player x plays some competitive matches, 20 - 40, per month
    - player x doesn't archive a high rank, Plat IV - Plat II, within the split but gets many "play of the games" with most dmg and so on
    - new split begins
    - player x is again stuck playing with players far below their skill and far below their account level. the losses come from trolls and afk players and those who don't know what VVVG means

Solution:

- Let player x have an advantage in competitive just because of their high account level.

Solution in detail

either:

- "As soon as your account level reaches xxx, your Team Average will be at least Platinum V."

or:

- "As soon as your account level reaches xxx, it's far less likely your team will have players with an account level below 100."

Take a moment and think why this helps balancing. Let me explain part of it: Players with a medium account level are supposed to have players with medium account level in their team and play against players with medium account level. Players with a high account level are supposed to have players with high account level in their team and play against players with high account level, because all of them probably play Paladins since years and don't need anyone in their team who plays Paladins since only 3 weeks.
    Last edited by BuddySpy; 05-19-2019 at 09:06 AM.

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 13
    I'm exactly like that xD it's very annoying

Beta Player Sovereign Prince Shadowpuppy's Avatar
    Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    You can achive account level from just playing... You could lose every match and still level up..

Then what do you do with the low acount people? Put em on the same team together and have them. fight a team of 300 vets?

Or have them fight only other low account teams so thier fight to achieve rank is much easier than the high account folds.

You can break it up like this and still be competative.

Tou have to learn to be good enough to carry weak players. If your not good. enough to do this yet then you are not going to make it to the next level..

Blaming your team for your loses only ensures you cannot improve.

Rarher spend your time thinking about how you could have played a match different to have chaged the out come.
    Last edited by Wallachia; 05-19-2019 at 02:38 PM.

Super Moderator Sovereign Prince Omenya's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 6
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class Forum Tier 3 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpuppy View Post
    You can break it up like this and still be competative.
    It's not competitive if there is unfair advantage within the match participants skills. Both teams should have the same capacity to maintain strategy and battle the enemy team with the same level of skill. Otherwise, it will be a frustrating experience for both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpuppy View Post
    Tou have to learn to be good enough to carry weak players. If your not good. enough to do this yet then you are not going to make it to the next level..

Blaming your team for your loses only ensures you cannot improve.

Rarher spend your time thinking about how you could have played a match different to have chaged the out come.
    Sometimes, the team can not overcome the situation they are facing in the match, due lack of coordination, communication or skill. No matter what you do, how hard you try, you alone can't change the results of the match if your team is unable to help you in any way. Carrying can be a thing but it mostly doesn't work when the enemy team has strategy and are helping themselves during battle.
    This is a team-based game. If your team doesn't do anything productive, you will certainly lose the match.

Cmsaunli's personal Keeper.

*Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the Forum's Code of Conduct.

Send a Support Ticket HERE!

Beta Player Sovereign Prince Shadowpuppy's Avatar
    Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    i agree completly but that is the time to practice outside the box stuff as your going to lose anyway you may as well get something oht of it.

Before i adopted the carry thw weak i was pissed all the time my team this my team that.

Once i started acting like i could carry a match i got much better.

I also went from having 2 kills in match like that to 8 kills when my team got 4 combined.

The point is you cant beak up competative by acount level.

If acount level 20 is good enough elo to play with 300 then there should be nothing stoping them

Member Knight
    Level
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 11
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points
    I've said this soo many times but level DOES make a difference. Why am I being put in matches with players who are very new to the game vs. people who have played more like myself? People say level doesn't matter but it does. It tells you how much the player has with experience to the game. A player at level 300 will care more about the game crashing and trying to return vs. a level 20 who's new to the game and really doesn't care as much about leaving or crashing.

Level
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    I feel this is a very complicated topic. On one hand I agree that account level is important. In general I’d always rather a 100+ player on my team since I’m level 279. This is mainly because at level 100 you are familiar with all the other champs or should be. You have a better idea how to counter them and what they will more predictably do.

The issue is that there will always be an exception to the rule. Like shadow puppy said you shouldnt stop a level 20 from playing with high levels players if he can.

Something to keep in mind, and I could be wrong about this, is that everyone under level 50 plays together. I believe after level 50 is when the flood gates open for everyone else in the community. This might only be for causal games and obviously if you are partied with someone this will change. But a solo que from someone who’s under level 50 will be given a game with other low levels generally.

So much factors into this and honestly comes back to the whole matching making conversation that has another thread with over 1000 posts. It’s hard to balance matches when players at level 300 can play a champ at level 2 or level 100. Anyone can play good with there main but blow with there lowest champion even if there a good player which can factor in as well. Just my two cents hope it helped.

Level
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 44
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    imo the biggest problem is a population issue, there's not enough people playing ranked, thus, mm has a harder time making "fair" matches... also if your a high skill level and your getting in games with low level (bellow 150) you'll climb the ranks.
    just because your player level is high doesnt mean your amazing, my friend is account lvl 250(ish) and let me tell you, its not because he's good, its because he has WAY more free time than me, my point being, that lvl does'nt mean skill
    #make-ash-angry-again!
    ign:koopa
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallachia View Post
    Oh hai <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Borvik View Post
    just imagine buck in a speedo...
    if you've have a bug, please click
    -->here <--
    if you need to vent, check out this months rage thread (July) by clicking
    -->here<--

Level
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Koopakid View Post
    imo the biggest problem is a population issue, there's not enough people playing ranked, thus, mm has a harder time making "fair" matches... also if your a high skill level and your getting in games with low level (bellow 150) you'll climb the ranks.
    just because your player level is high doesnt mean your amazing, my friend is account lvl 250(ish) and let me tell you, its not because he's good, its because he has WAY more free time than me, my point being, that lvl does'nt mean skill
    This speaks so much truth. Today I had three ranked games in row with pretty much the same ten people all three rounds. There isn’t enough people playing causal sometimes let alone ranked. As well I’ve met plenty of 200+ players that are far from a God’s. I mean you have people like my buddy who is level 100+ as inara but so help me god if he plays someone other than her though.

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 45
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class 7 days registered 100 Experience Points
    I can add that that is the point to have, EXAMPLE:
    GOLD V. If player is matched with unranked and or platinum level players.

I think it would be better:
    If you are GOLD V, you can be ranked with GOLD and Silver I tear.

If you are GOLD I tear, you can be matched with GOLD and Platinum V tear and etc...

--------------------------
    Is it a problem that there is not a lot players? If yes, so maybe we do not need so many tears?

Because now I do not see the point to be in Platinum if players is matched with low level players.
    Or to be in Silver and get 1 player in a team from Platinum and 3 opponents from Platinum and vice versa.