Thread: Removed features that should comeback

Level
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Forum Tier 2 Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class

Removed features that should comeback

most of the things I'm going to list have been removed for stupid reasons.
    The excuse of hirez is: "they were confusing for new players" or "they caused gameplay problems".
    It's not good to change and make the game boring just because some noobs don't know how to adapt and improve ... evilmojo has always done like this, they ruined the gameplay with unnecessary changes just to make the gameplay easier.
    The perfect example is the mobility meta:
    EM has reduced mobility a lot after patch ob54 because noobs and console players couldn't deal with it ... now we have lower ttk and burst meta which is even more unbalanced and frustrating.
    Mobility was the perfect meta for paladins, new players should adapt and learn how to counter it. It's not that hard! Characters have huge hitboxes and the game is full of cc like slow and cripple. On console there is a thing called aim assist :/
    Dear em... popular games like fortnite and overwatch are rly appreciated because they introduced original features. Instead rip-off and copied games only lives for a few weeks, then people get tired.
    Why should I play a ripoff when there is a better more popular game?
    Look at all that fortnite ripoff , people played them for a few days and then they moved on fortnite , the most popular battle royale atm.
    Paladins was considered an ow ripoff at first but then people realized how different it is:
    Paladins was free, it had cards, loadouts, high ttk, more mobility, unique maps but now it is becoming an ow 2.0 because of some trash changes.
    Please make paladins fun and original again, people loved it... this game shouldn't become noob friendly and easy .
    This is the list of things that were unnecrssary removed and should comeback:

Shalin illusions:
    There are many things that can result "confusing" for new players (like atlas shield, terminus siphon, items, some effects like CC, loadouts) but shalin illusions were absolutely fine.
    They were predictable and extetically nice, why did they removed them?
    There is no HP bar on them, no dmg numbers and they don't move... how can they be confusing??
    Bring them back pls!

Stealth bushes:
    They weren't that useful but neither confusing.. I mean, if the payload don't move and you have a brain , you should check if someone is contesting.
    I saw a video of a guy hidden in a bush for a lot of time and everyone was jumping on that f****** payload without even check the big bush in front of them ... how can people be so stupid??
    No, stealth grass wasn't confusing.. it was probably useless.
    But it can be very nice and "strategic" if added in better spots and maps, please bring them back!

Map changes in ob68:

The frozen guard one is bad... we have already an open flank route, add some cover on the 2nd one instead of making it even more open.
    Frog isle was awesome with all that folliage, it didn't cause any problems... there are so many lags and frame drops (shalin and pip ult of example) but folliage didn't cause anything wrong.
    Timber mill was already a banned map (because of snipers)... you gave even more cover for snipers with walls and closed flank routes so this map is now unplayable.
    Pls reopen flank routes!
    Make a daylight version of serpent beach that can appear randomly without removing the night one.

Shiny graphics:
    Look at the old graphics! They were much better.
    They were shiny, realistic... there were better phongs, shader and textures
    Jaguar falls was awesome, ice mines too.
    The new fish market is so dark , pls bring back the old one as a 2nd version.
    Bring back old graphics on pc at least.

Payload mode and survival:

TDM and onslaught are barely played and boring.
    So many people are asking for payload mode and survival to return, they had awesome maps!
    Pls bring them back even for a limited time.

Simple design skins , recolors and part and pieces system:

I miss so much simple skins like recolors , bring them back.. they were nice to combine.
    I honestly prefer a simple design like a recolor instead of an ultra detailed robot that can't be combined with anything!
    Keep making simple skins with cool designs and add part and pieces only where it's possible.
    Ultra detailed skins like omega and remix should be only 1 piece and simple skins like recolors should have different parts like head, body and weapon.
    Aggressive design like robots, bunny seris, futuristic colorful things don't fit at all with the map design!
    Fix some skins that dont look like the original champion (like bunny seris and battle byte inara)

If you need more time to make a new champion, dw... take more time but make a fun to play character instead of bad boring choises like moji, vivian or imani
    Give him fun mobility and high skill cap!
    Make paladins skilled again.

Forum Moderator Grand Prince Peinzius's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 736
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Tagger First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by driggydrug View Post
    Stealth bushes:
    They weren't that useful but neither confusing.. I mean, if the payload don't move and you have a brain , you should check if someone is contesting.
    I saw a video of a guy hidden in a bush for a lot of time and everyone was jumping on that f****** payload without even check the big bush in front of them ... how can people be so stupid??
    No, stealth grass wasn't confusing.. it was probably useless.
    But it can be very nice and "strategic" if added in better spots and maps, please bring them back!
    You literally said it yourself, they were useless. They're a leftover remnant from closed alpha, and really had no reason to be left in the game. Sure there's no point in taking them out, but there's also no point in adding them back in since they have no difference. Why waste time on them?
    *Disclaimer*: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.

Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the forum's Code of Conduct.

Need technical or account help? Submit a support ticket!

"I take super hot showers because I like to practice burning in hell."

Level
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Forum Tier 2 Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Peinzius View Post
    You literally said it yourself, they were useless. They're a leftover remnant from closed alpha, and really had no reason to be left in the game. Sure there's no point in taking them out, but there's also no point in adding them back in since they have no difference. Why waste time on them?
    So why deleting them?? The only cons they had is that they were barely used but they weren't absolutely confusing and neither gamebreaking.
    They didn't bother anyone so they should stay.
    Instead of removing them EM should have placed them in better places and maps ... they should have gave them better effects like healing.
    Imagine how many team strategies can be done thanks to stealth bushes, imagine if the entire team hides in a bush and then surprise an enemy flank who is searching for kills lol.
    They had potential , they just needed some work.
    Imagine if EM uses your same reasoning on many other useless things like MOJI, Shattered desert, TDM... instead they work hard on them using all their resources!
    #GIVETOSTEALTHBUSHESASECONDCHANCE
    Last edited by driggydrug; 05-13-2019 at 12:07 PM.

Super Moderator Grand Prince Borvik's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 450
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class Overdrive 1 year registered 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4
    Moved to Misc. Feedback
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the Forum's Code of Conduct.

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    The problem with bushes was not their existence, but the fact there's no tutorial to explain about their mechanic :-/
    On a general discussion, I'd like to see them back again, it was more "choreographic". Just add 2 lines in the tutorial that "you can contest while hidden in a bush".

Things I'd like to see again:
    * Tab to see what everyone has bought working BEFORE picking a talent
    * initial animation of our own champ when the game starts. We can see the "pick a talent" screen 2 sec AFTER, at least we could enjoy again the animation
    * ESC exit chat and another ESC to enter the menu with "options/back to game/ecc". Now I have to press ESC once and then move the mouse to press "back to game"

Not on the list of "back again", but on the list of "what I'd like" is the possibility to bind VGS commands to specific keys. I have a keyboard with many special keys exactly for that, but the game seems not to like the binding made with the keyboard software...
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

#AggressiveSupports
    I'm tired of repeating the same things, watch this: link

"It's just Casual/ Go Ranked if you want a decent team/You are low tier, so you're bad." Rage

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkure View Post
    The problem with bushes was not their existence, but the fact there's no tutorial to explain about their mechanic :-/
    On a general discussion, I'd like to see them back again, it was more "choreographic". Just add 2 lines in the tutorial that "you can contest while hidden in a bush".

Things I'd like to see again:
    * Tab to see what everyone has bought working BEFORE picking a talent
    * initial animation of our own champ when the game starts. We can see the "pick a talent" screen 2 sec AFTER, at least we could enjoy again the animation
    * ESC exit chat and another ESC to enter the menu with "options/back to game/ecc". Now I have to press ESC once and then move the mouse to press "back to game"

Not on the list of "back again", but on the list of "what I'd like" is the possibility to bind VGS commands to specific keys. I have a keyboard with many special keys exactly for that, but the game seems not to like the binding made with the keyboard software...
    The tutorial mentions stealth grass and it's utility in poor words
    Try to contest the point and don't kill androxus (he deals no damage so he can't kill you), the tutorial voice will say that the enemy came from the stealth grass etc etc...
    If it doesn't work try to hide in the stealth bush.
    Tbh there are many other things that need a better explanation in the tutorial(like CC effects, how to build a loadout, what's the utility of each class, items etc...)