Thread: Thoughts on Lex and Androxus and possible upcoming changes (mostly Lex)

Beta Player Baron
    Level
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 171
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered

Thoughts on Lex and Androxus and possible upcoming changes (mostly Lex)

I recently saw some post that said there was talk of Lex and Androxus getting talents to allow them to revert to their old fire-rate, which I would love [although “talk” could mean anything with Hi-Rez, I hope that they do bring some change in because I really enjoyed old Lex and Androxus]. I started brainstorming ideas (mostly for Lex as I play him more [no offense Andro but I find your primary fire a it clunky] but I did have some ideas for Androxus) and I wanted to know everybody’s thoughts (I haven’t been on the forums in over a year so it will be interesting to see how things have changed since I’ve been gone).
    These are just ideas, and from what I know Hi-Rez already has some ideas for Lex and Androxus concerning their old fire-rates so these are just my thoughts on how to actually make these changes work, and for Lex specifically.

Primary Fire – Magnums: Dual magnums that deal 680 damage every 0.7s. (6 ammo)

Secondary Fire – In Pursuit: Activating will buff Lex’s next 6 basic attacks to fire every 0.25s dealing 160 damage, these shots will fire at the nearest target with perfect aim. Lex does not consume ammo while this ability is active. [This change is optional, since I don’t know how effective it would be]

Ability 1 – Combat Slide: Same.

Ability 2 – Retribution: Same.

Ultimate Ability – The Law: Same.

Talents:

Discovery: Magnums now deal 320 damage every 0.25s and have 12 ammo.
    Heroism: Gain 25/30% attack speed after using Combat Slide (does not affect In Pursuit).
    Death Hastens: Same.

The only changes are to Lex’s basic attacks, secondary fire, and talents. The current Lex has a specific playstyle, which has several glaring flaws that make it hard to keep him viable.
    Lex’s first large flaw was vertical mobility and damage. Being unable to deal damage from far away isn’t much of a problem when you have vertical mobility, as we’ve seen with champions like Androxus. However Lex’s slide can’t move upwards at all, so Lex players are forced to take riskier routes to get to their targets and deal optimal damage. I didn’t give Lex vertical mobility because it wasn’t needed, but reverting to his old basic attacks allows him to deal better damage at range.
    A lot of players enjoy playing with Lex’s current basic attacks and there has been talk of giving Lex and Androxus talents that allow them to revert to their old basic attacks so players still get to keep the fast-firing champions. However since this doesn’t fix Lex’s problem with vertical damage, I decided to swap this around, reverting Lex to his old basic attack state and giving him a talent to have a faster fire-rate and a talent that buffed his fire rate after dashing (his old Heroism, which honestly seemed like a fine solution for players who wanted to fire faster, not sure why they needed to make the change when he already had a way to fire faster).
    The second [optional] change was to Lex’s auto-aim skill, In Pursuit. In Pursuit was really strong in 1v1 situations but struggled when faced with multiple players; However, it excelled a little too much in a 1v1 situation so I made it a little better for opposing players to deal with. It no longer fires immediately, so you do have to activate it and then fire, so activation time is a bit longer, and it no longer changes Lex’s POV to third-person but it still requires line of sight, so players have to actually seek their target on their screen to get optimal damage. [Note: I somewhat enjoy Lex’s third-person POV while using this ability so if this wasn’t changed I wouldn’t care too much, I just think it would make his auto-aim a bit fairer in a 1v1]. I don’t think Androxus needs to be reverted; I think a talent alone will do the trick since he already has vertical mobility so his base kit is strong either way.
    I’m really excited that Lex and Andro can hopefully get an option to fire slowly again, so good on you Hi-Rez for recognizing some people didn’t like the changes and coming up with a solution.

As always let me know what you think, I like to foster conversation in my posts (and if we can keep the conversation polite, like proper human beings, all the better) so talk away everybody!

Cheers
    We all could learn to laugh at ourselves more instead of getting angry

Level
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 58
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    just put back The Law Won instead of death hasten
    seriously no one ever plays death hasten, and the law won was his best legendary even tho most players wouln't use it

Beta Player Baron
    Level
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 171
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by TangAce View Post
    just put back The Law Won instead of death hasten
    seriously no one ever plays death hasten, and the law won was his best legendary even tho most players wouln't use it
    I quite agree, The Law Won was really good if you could snowball it. Unfortunately I think it was removed because if you weren't able to kill your target it was essentially useless. Still I'm somewhat fond of Death Hastens just because it's the only one of Lex's original Talents .
    We all could learn to laugh at ourselves more instead of getting angry