Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: guide for the pyre lady (aka furia)

  1. #1
    Beta Player Marquess TangAce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    somewhere between life and death
    Posts
    863
    Level
    39
    Points: 3,892, Level: 39
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 58
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered

    guide for the pyre lady (aka furia)

    Hello everyone,

    Finally here is the ultimate guide for the ultimate support, I have named Furia the angel of vengeance.

    Disclaimer : I am not the best furia, however I was pretty good with her in S1 (top10 thebettermeta and in game) and I know many will say what I say is wrong or weird, and yes, many won't like how I play furia, also this guide is mostly for ranked as with communication you can do things quite differently.

    So, Furia is probably the most difficult support to play, but she has a great value.
    I'll assume all of you know about her base kit, if not then i suggest you read it ingame.*

    First things first, legendaries :

    Most of you probably know this but Solar Blessing is the most useful one for healing, you know that giant beam healing people for no less than 6000/sec, it is the highest heal per second in the game so why wouldn't we use it

    Cherish isn't bad, and with the upcoming range increase next patch it'll eventually be viable, however I won't talk about it here because it's not really different that the base kit (it's kinda like seris talent actually, a stupid healbot)

    And last, Exterminate, I don't suggest to use it if you are the only support, but in a 2 aggressive supports composition it's actually quite good


    But let's start with the healing one

    Loadouts, here is what i suggest and why
    solar flare - 3 : the beam size is quite tiny so this one is absolutely necessary, lvl 2 is still too small to get consistence on the heal, more than lvl 3 you'll end up with people touching it when you don't want them, lvl 4 might work if you have trouble hitting the beam
    light force - 4 : this one is essential has your beam has high cd so kindle soul will be used a lot and is your primary way to heal damage and flank, i don't suggest lvl 5 cause it's only 0.25sec and you need points for other stuff
    burning oath - 5 : so this is the real deal and what most people ain't doing right, this card is the thing allowing you to play furia, I often see players without it or with it at lvl 2, that's not good, all supports need a way to heal themselves since no one will heal them, it also prevent you from waiting the out of combat every 2 second when someone try to kill you, and of course it allows you to defend better against mad people rushing you, seriously, have it at least at lvl 4 but I highly recommend lvl 5
    light of dawn - 1 : you can put lvl 2 but it's not that useful, having it lvl however is great since it prevent lots of deadly combos from killing someone (especially for people at 2100hp)
    ignition - 2 : well this one is obvious, it reduces the cd of your damn beam, lots of people have it lvl 5 but that's useless, wings hit 3 times, lvl reduces 6sec, half the cd, with chronos you almost have no cd, you can use lvl 3 if you prefer an even lower cd, but don't forget that a dead support won't heal


    Now, about strats
    First Furia is great for few reasons, she has the highest heal/sec in the game (even against caut3 it's still 600/sec) she can heal two persons at the same time for big values, she has freaking high dps and a good ult

    at round start you usually should send a beam to the tank on the point if there is one while following the other tank and healing the side with kindle
    then when beam is finished use wings to reposition into the backline, then heal point tank with kindle and send a beam to the other tank, that's an exemple of situation
    the point is, try not to use both heal for the same location, use your wings mainly to reposition and not to run away from someone or to reset cd (except is really necessary) but wings are here for a reason so use your cd, furia doesn't have lot of range and the beam can miss easily, you need to move around a lot, don't be afraid to close up to a tank if needed then to reposition with wings, that is really important, don't simply wait in the backline like a stupid healbot, furia is damn aggressive, she has a great weapon so use it, harrass their damage and support, melt their tanks

    One of your main problem will be flankers, the easiest way to kill them is to beam then wings then shoot, you lose your main source of healing but you survive which is always better
    Also if you see the flank coming you can easily deal with it, just be sure to kindle someone right before you fight so burning oath heals you
    you actually should always be kindling someone simply to get burning oath effect

    your ult is good for surviving and escaping, that's how people use it 90% of the time, well, that's bad
    okay it can help survive in some situations
    but this ult is op, it's a damage and speed boost, it'll win teamfights and 1v1 situations for your team, don't simply think about yourself, especially since most of the time you will ult then die like an idiot and your ult will have no value
    an other use of this ult is to get highground, you can reach most highgrounds with it and that can be quite useful sometimes, plus it'll surprise enemies as most people don't use it like this nor even know you can go this high with it

    oh and you can beam kinda random when team is zoning, maybe someone will pick it up to heal a bit, always useful
    you can use it if you are sure to finish a kill with it, but that's always risky


    Now about exterminate, here would be a deck for the combo
    stoke the fire-at least lvl3 (less won't work but it's hard to put more cause you'll need your points)
    ignition-at least lvl3 for same reason
    solar flare and ruthless - lvl is up to you depending on how you manage to hit the beam and maintain your wrath
    conviction-i'd say around lvl 3, it gets countered by resilience but it kinda allows easier kills when enemy don't have resilience
    I suggest you try different lvls for the card till it fits you, some will prefer to have more in cd reduction while other will need the beam range and so on
    the combo is quite simple, beam someone, wing, beam wing, till he dies, you can also shoot between both ofc, it's really deadly, more than you think
    Yes I love to play supports as damages or flanks, furia can't flank but can damage, I'll never say it enough, don't assume someone is bad cause they pick damage support, they actually are usually better than the other regular damage in your team


    Well I think that is all for now, it's a bit difficult to explain how I play furia cause it's so weird and I usually don't think about what I'm doing it's natural
    I love furia since her release, she's hard, yet strong, she's risky, yet can do so much
    also you need to be chill cause lots of people will avoid your beam even from 1meter away (like this ash shouldering back)


    So I have been asked for cherish loadouts, I'll give two loadouts, one made for healing, which might be usable next patch (but honestly I don't think it really will change much cause solar flare is really op)
    light force - 5, pretty obvious why, kindle is your only source of both heal and self heal
    burning oath - 5, again this card is essential so at least lvl 4 but 5 will really be great here
    light of dawn- 2 or 3, this tiny shield isn't a lot but it can save people sometimes, especially when they are under caut (honestly I think the buff cherish needs is the unerf of this card)
    the two other cards are up to you sorta, I prefer to use solar flare cause it's really nice when you are under attack, stoke the fire can come in handy for the same reason, but a card for ammo can also be great if you want to be more aggressive

    now I have an other deck to play furia as an offheal or even a damage
    ruthless - 3, you can use more lvl if you need to, since you won't heal that much, this is really important so your dps is always at its maximum
    burning oath - 4, this card is so good that you shouldn't play without it
    pyretic dinamo or devout dexterity - 4 or 5
    light force - 2 or 3, nice to have for self healing purpose as well as keeping wrath at max
    last is up to you but I prefer inner fire if I play with pyretic dinamo, solar flare is always good, but you can use any card really

    I hope this will help furia get a better reputation, and help people understand and play her better

    Tell me what you think of this guide hope it helps

    have a nice day everyone
    Last edited by TangAce; 05-08-2019 at 01:21 AM.

  2. #2
    Member Marquess Averey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    777
    Level
    30
    Points: 2,501, Level: 30
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 99
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 Overdrive 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    I am always happy if Furia gets some love, about your guide, some things I would surely agree upon, some not, but to each his own.

    Some thoughts about it - first, your Loadout proposed for SB is good, one can take it with variations (like taking 5 points in Light Forge instead of 4), but I definitely agree upon the need to have Burning Oath at least on 4. Furia's self heal is quite lacking, and slow (For example if you chose 3 Points in Burning Oath with Caut applied to you, you will heal yourself for some 10hp/s, excuse me we have Andro doing 1444 dps or a Moji 1850 dps, just to compare how bad it is against actual burst damage).

    Other than that, there are some variations how one can play Cherish, I would not really advise going Exterminate.

    Quote Originally Posted by TangAce View Post
    also this guide is mostly for ranked as with communication you can do things quite differently.

    So, Furia is probably the most difficult support to play, but she has a great value.
    Playing with Master players on Frontlines who can't wait or catch the Pyre Strike for the love of their life despite communicating it on the voice chat gets you disillusioned pretty fast about her value with teams or players who do not bother to help her out, and yes, she needs the teams help to be able to do anything, resembling Seris in the team dependancy, which is a shame.

    Quote Originally Posted by TangAce View Post
    Cherish isn't bad, and with the upcoming range increase next patch it'll eventually be viable, however I won't talk about it here because it's not really different that the base kit (it's kinda like seris talent actually, a stupid healbot)
    The range is nice, but I do not think its all done to make it viable again, it needs a healing bonus increase to 30%, with the Light of Dawn card nerfed in half and her healing nerfed in half.

    Also I would be really excited to see it become better as I always perceived her Solar Blessing to be the healing talent, which robs you from CC and leaves you a sitting duck to be killed by any edgy flanker looking your way. Cherish, on the other hand, lets her defend herself more, so less stupid team dependancy.


    Quote Originally Posted by TangAce View Post
    And last, Exterminate, I don't suggest to use it if you are the only support, but in a 2 aggressive supports composition it's actually quite good
    Just a note: I never see anyone in ranked going Exterminate, literally never. As far as I know, no one plays it in the PPL as well. Seeing as the game is balanced much on pro play, maybe its time to make it actually viable.

    [QUOTE=TangAce;576824
    but wings are here for a reason so use your cd, furia doesn't have lot of range and the beam can miss easily, you need to move around a lot, don't be afraid to close up to a tank if needed then to reposition with wings, that is really important, don't simply wait in the backline like a stupid healbot, furia is damn aggressive, she has a great weapon so use it, harrass their damage and support, melt their tanks[/quote]
    Melt their tanks? xd It.is rather the other way around, as you get flanked or focused by enemy tanks easily as well, its not just the flanks. Yes, you can stun them. If they are stupid enough to jump in your beam, which every clever player avoids. Other than that, a good advice to move as fast as possible, but I would never recommend sticking out for too long at the front, because Furia has very low survivability, so at least try to change positioning frequently.

    Quote Originally Posted by TangAce View Post
    One of your main problem will be flankers, the easiest way to kill them is to beam then wings then shoot, you lose your main source of healing but you survive which is always better

    Also if you see the flank coming you can easily deal with it, just be sure to kindle someone right before you fight so burning oath heals you
    you actually should always be kindling someone simply to get burning oath effect
    Always ask for help with flanks, Furia is cannon fodder for a flank if the flank does not make tons of mistakes like "ololo i can fight vs 3 people at once" or jumps into her beam which every sane player avoids, as with the frontlines, except flanks can do it quite more easily due to their superior mobility. With Caut III on you, you will heal yourself for about 17-18 hps with the card maxed out, it will not help you to deal with the flank before the flank kills you, especially if the flank has the ambush advantage and you are without CDs as Solar Blessing dispense unit.


    Quote Originally Posted by TangAce View Post
    don't simply think about yourself, especially since most of the time you will ult then die like an idiot and your ult will have no value
    With good teams, yes, with mediocre to bad one - it really depends. If latter the case,
    Au contraire, do think about yourself, especially think about yourself if the team doesn't give a damn about that you are getting flanked/cornered/focused/picked off/poked/harassed and so on. If the team is selfish, or you play with edgy flanks/dps thinking only about killing and not working together/peeling for the support, you should use it for survival, because if you are dead, you are dead. The biggest mistake though is that many people use it when already almost dead, and it does not help you to survive if you are shot dead from one bullet after the short immunity ends.

    Just some thoughts on Furia and your guidethread about her. Roger roger!
    Per aspera ad astra.

  3. #3
    Beta Player Marquess TangAce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    somewhere between life and death
    Posts
    863
    Level
    39
    Points: 3,892, Level: 39
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 58
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I new you would post something like that
    yes cherish is weak right now, cherish in my opinion allow furia to be more aggressive, but for healing, solar will always be better because you can heal two places at once


    yes there are tanks leaving the beam, you can't do anything about that, you can however use the beam on a damage who will stay cause he has brain and then use kindle on the tank, kind of a waste but it works

    furia is far from being hopeless against flanks, furia is actually one of the support I hate the most when playing flank cause her damage is insane, and if the furia is good, which is quite rare, then it'll be really hard to get a kill without dying , also her shots are really easy to hit

    also of course if you don't have eyes and didn't see the flank sneaking then you are dead for sure, if you see him however you'll have big advantage
    and if you move around a lot like I explained, you'll be harder to flank

    seriously furia can fight tanks close range before they get caut 3, after caut 3 it's better to stay farther tho

  4. #4
    Member Marquess Averey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    777
    Level
    30
    Points: 2,501, Level: 30
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 99
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 Overdrive 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by TangAce View Post
    I new you would post something like that
    yes cherish is weak right now, cherish in my opinion allow furia to be more aggressive, but for healing, solar will always be better because you can heal two places at once
    For healing Solar Blessing is obviously better, turning you into a slow and relative defenseless healbot for the team, because of the CC/healing restriction.

    Quote Originally Posted by TangAce View Post
    furia is far from being hopeless against flanks, furia is actually one of the support I hate the most when playing flank cause her damage is insane, and if the furia is good, which is quite rare, then it'll be really hard to get a kill without dying , also her shots are really easy to hit
    Its entirely opposite for me, Furia is easily flankable and bursted, especially with the insane flank dps like Skye, or an Androxus, any flank really even as a relative low burst flank like Zhin, but on Zhin a Furia does not pose much threat even after the nerf.

    The insane damage you say she has in fact does not compare at all if we actually look on ingame numbers and simple dps math. With Furia you will do "insane" damage of about 950 dps after a build up with KS. If you will get the time for it. Just to name a few examples,Andro does the "balanced" dmg of 1444 dps - that is almost 500 damage per second more without the short CD punch nuke or even headshots. A Skye has 1300 dps, Moji 1850 dps, Talus a bit less with "only" 1100 without headshots which still give him a big damage advantage considering his escape kit as well. Not even talking about some dps cause compare their dps to Furia would be a bad joke for Furia. Her damage is middle ground max, being just a bit higher than Grovers without his mobility or the ease to heal.

    Quote Originally Posted by TangAce View Post
    also of course if you don't have eyes and didn't see the flank sneaking then you are dead for sure, if you see him however you'll have big advantage
    I can state the same about flank - if you have no eyes, no attention to ability usage, going in vs 3 people at once and expecting to come back or going into the beam - obviously you will get outdamaged (not by Furia, but by people who are kind enough to peel) and you will fail.

    If you however use your own cds smartly, pay attention to the beam which is hardly missable by anyone "with eyes", as you say, killing Furia is one of the easiest things to do for a flank.

    Quote Originally Posted by TangAce View Post
    seriously furia can fight tanks close range before they get caut 3, after caut 3 it's better to stay farther tho
    And with no peeling for you it can quicky get you killed by being focused, or outdamaged easily by a flanking tank like Khan or Makoa.
    Per aspera ad astra.

  5. #5
    Beta Player Marquess TangAce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    somewhere between life and death
    Posts
    863
    Level
    39
    Points: 3,892, Level: 39
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 58
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    this is a guide not balance thread, as I'd love to see furia buffed a bit...here I am simply helping people playing her better and encouraging players to play her

  6. #6
    Member Marquess Averey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    777
    Level
    30
    Points: 2,501, Level: 30
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 99
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 Overdrive 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Its good that you try to put it that way, and I am not about to write all the balance changes she would be in need to do better, and she does require some changes. But after playing her for 80 hours something against and with multiple and different compositions you get more understanding about her downsides, which are not something I have invented for myself, its what many support players are saying alike, not only Valkure or me, which is also reflected in her stat and simple dps comparison which clears up the misconception about her having "high" damage, which, if you look on it closely, isn't the case, so in my humble opinion players should also know about that and be more careful in their gameplay on her, and not expecting wonders, unlike many easy-to-get-results champs.
    Per aspera ad astra.

  7. #7
    Beta Player Marquess TangAce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    somewhere between life and death
    Posts
    863
    Level
    39
    Points: 3,892, Level: 39
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 58
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Averey View Post
    Its good that you try to put it that way, and I am not about to write all the balance changes she would be in need to do better, and she does require some changes. But after playing her for 80 hours something against and with multiple and different compositions you get more understanding about her downsides, which are not something I have invented for myself, its what many support players are saying alike, not only Valkure or me, which is also reflected in her stat and simple dps comparison which clears up the misconception about her having "high" damage, which, if you look on it closely, isn't the case, so in my humble opinion players should also know about that and be more careful in their gameplay on her, and not expecting wonders, unlike many easy-to-get-results champs.
    furia was good enough for me to reach master playing her while solo...she ain't that bad, just hard, and a bit agravating sometimes, yes it'll take more effort than other support but it offers something no other support can

  8. #8
    Member Marquess Averey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    777
    Level
    30
    Points: 2,501, Level: 30
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 99
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 Overdrive 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    I am not questioning your ability to play here, you are a very good player, but we had this discussion already. One can't judge a character by personal performance only, if I would go on that I could claim you do not even need a support to win in ranked provided you have enough skill or a good dps, based on games I had with pro players like Fisheko where we have won without even a support at Dia+ tier. That is why you need to look on other factors, like statistic as well, which I already posted about, and it shows that even in the single talent where Furia is good at she is quite lacking in several aspects, including survivability, in addition to both of her talents being bad, and I do not really see her in a good spot right now across the tiers, as people play the game not only at Master level.

    Having said that, your guide has a good loadout which I would recommend as well, but it would be even better if you would elaborate on a Cherish and Exterminate Loadout, which are not as straight forward as a SB LC and different in their results. And with Exterminate Furia being almost never picked, it could provide additional insight, provided you play her as Exterminate in ranked (something which I would not choose for myself).
    Per aspera ad astra.

  9. #9
    Beta Player Marquess TangAce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    somewhere between life and death
    Posts
    863
    Level
    39
    Points: 3,892, Level: 39
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 58
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Averey View Post
    I am not questioning your ability to play here, you are a very good player, but we had this discussion already. One can't judge a character by personal performance only, if I would go on that I could claim you do not even need a support to win in ranked provided you have enough skill or a good dps, based on games I had with pro players like Fisheko where we have won without even a support at Dia+ tier. That is why you need to look on other factors, like statistic as well, which I already posted about, and it shows that even in the single talent where Furia is good at she is quite lacking in several aspects, including survivability, in addition to both of her talents being bad, and I do not really see her in a good spot right now across the tiers, as people play the game not only at Master level.

    Having said that, your guide has a good loadout which I would recommend as well, but it would be even better if you would elaborate on a Cherish and Exterminate Loadout, which are not as straight forward as a SB LC and different in their results. And with Exterminate Furia being almost never picked, it could provide additional insight, provided you play her as Exterminate in ranked (something which I would not choose for myself).
    I guess I can give loadout exemples, also I don't like to play exterminate, when I wanna use furia more as offheal or even dps, I'll use cherish (simply cause the exterminate combo takes all the point in the loadout)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •