Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 44

Thread: PC players in my games

  1. #31
    Member Baronet Smokin Oats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    107
    Level
    15
    Points: 863, Level: 15
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Borvik View Post
    Hey all, I got a response from both the QA team as well as EvilMojoMolly.

    Here's what the QA team/Molly told me regarding PC players in Gamepad games:

    The "PC players" are using Gamepad input.


    As well, this is directed to Switch players regarding settings not saving:


    Hopefully this helps. If you have any more questions, please let me know.
    I’m surprised by the mass number of people playing Paladins on a computer with a gamepad then. But if that’s true I’ll stop gripping.

    Also thank you very much for sending this to them it is greatly appreciated.

  2. #32
    Member Viscount DaddyOoker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Another Planet
    Posts
    461
    Level
    20
    Points: 1,378, Level: 20
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    Borvik, I think that answers the OP however my issue is a little different.

    When I solo Q I get only PC as it should be.

    When I party I get a different story. These three matches have Xbox and switch all over the place.
    https://paladins.guru/match/827517990
    https://paladins.guru/match/827522326
    https://paladins.guru/match/827525676

    My settings are and have always been keyboard only. No way all those people were using keyboard/mouse. In these matches I was the party leader. My friend said he was set to keyboard but I have no way to confirm that. I was going to try this out in a controlled environment with a second PC but the the time to do so hasn't presented itself.

    Is it possible to confirm that my friend was set to keyboard or not?
    Also, if the party leader is set to keyboard shouldn't that be the respected setting for the party?
    Last edited by DaddyOoker; 05-21-2019 at 09:03 AM.

  3. #33
    Member Baronet Smokin Oats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    107
    Level
    15
    Points: 863, Level: 15
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyOoker View Post
    Borvik, I think that answers the OP however my issue is a little different.

    When I solo Q I get only PC as it should be.

    When I party I get a different story. These three matches have Xbox and switch all over the place.
    https://paladins.guru/match/827517990
    https://paladins.guru/match/827522326
    https://paladins.guru/match/827525676

    My settings are and have always been keyboard only. No way all those people were using keyboard/mouse. In these matches I was the party leader. My friend said he was set to keyboard but I have no way to confirm that. I was going to try this out in a controlled environment with a second PC but the the time to do so hasn't presented itself.

    Is it possible to confirm that my friend was set to keyboard or not?
    Also, if the party leader is set to keyboard shouldn't that be the respected setting for the party?
    https://paladins.guru/match/832220746

    I believe you are on to something when it comes to being partied up. The link is my last match and all 5 players are on pc, while my team had a mix of Xbox switch and pc. There were two sets of party’s on the other team which could be the reason the bug is that’s happening like you said.

    I mean this in no insult to anyone at hi Rez but I know console players from pc players. I’ve played this game since payload was a game mode. Both the sha Lin and Cassie did anazingly while playing on pc(steam). The sha Lin was extremely low level and got top play. His movements weren’t possible on a controller and frankly 99.9% of low level sha Lin’s on controller have a rough time at such a low level. To the point were they can be as bad as a bot, trust me when I say this. The Vivian on my team who was a decent level had a very rough time which once again frankly never happens on controller unless they are a trash player which this person wasn’t.

    This bug is in the game regardless of whatever anyone says. The possibility of these 5 pc players all having controllers and also playing as well as they did(when they are most likely regular to keyboard and mouse) is statistically illogical. I will say this again and again, it takes high skill and high aim controller players to play Cassie, bomb king, evie, sha Lin, makoa and a couple others properly on console. There is a reason they are seen rarely compared to champs like Vivian, victor, Tyra, talus and skye. These 5 are required in ranked on console and regularly banned from bronze to masters.

    To illustrate my point, when koga first came out he was massively OP on console, while being a bit of a joke on pc. In return his legendary that gave him infinite ammo while shooting someone was removed as a nerf for console players and he was given a claw buff. This buff/nerf made him insane on pc while no longer being op on console. I say all this because it shows how much of a difference the meta is for pc and console, which makes it so much easier to play a round and be certain someone is playing on a mouse and keyboard.

    A last tid bit of extra evidence that might help prove this is still happening. While playing a round today, I had a ying in my party typing away the entire round while playing the game. I already know a person can use a keyboard while on console, however, the way ying was able to play the game while also typing in the chat just could not be possible if they were playing with a controller. I hope this was helpful and hope it is looked into further. This bug is a very serious one that has had some rough implication on causal games.

  4. #34
    Member Viscount DaddyOoker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Another Planet
    Posts
    461
    Level
    20
    Points: 1,378, Level: 20
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    Yeah, good chance those PC players were all mouse/keyboard - just by looking at their ranked Qs on Guru. Interesting is the Evie on your team was partied with a Switch but Evie's ranked says mouse/keyboard Q and the Atlas says controller. The Jenos and Vivian both show Mouse/KB Q. All on the enemy team shows Mouse/KB in the ranked section.

    It's possible some of these people are switching back and forth between input types but who knows since the game doesn't show us and Guru's info only applies to ranked. What are the chances of this many people doing this? I agree with you that it's low.

    Can't they put an input type icon on the "tab" screen and game history?

    It would go a long way towards removing false complaints and maybe finding the cause for the legitimate ones.

  5. #35
    Member Baronet Smokin Oats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    107
    Level
    15
    Points: 863, Level: 15
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyOoker View Post
    Yeah, good chance those PC players were all mouse/keyboard - just by looking at their ranked Qs on Guru. Interesting is the Evie on your team was partied with a Switch but Evie's ranked says mouse/keyboard Q and the Atlas says controller. The Jenos and Vivian both show Mouse/KB Q. All on the enemy team shows Mouse/KB in the ranked section.

    It's possible some of these people are switching back and forth between input types but who knows since the game doesn't show us and Guru's info only applies to ranked. What are the chances of this many people doing this? I agree with you that it's low.

    Can't they put an input type icon on the "tab" screen and game history?

    It would go a long way towards removing false complaints and maybe finding the cause for the legitimate ones.
    I find it very surprising that so many pc players play with a controller. I mean if I had a pc to play Paladins id be solely key board and mouse. Frost Fangs, a pc Paladins youtuber I watch, had a couple games where he decided to use a controller and you could see how hard it was for him to adjust.

    Wish there was a way so everyone knew what platform and controller method was being used for all players. On Xbox it shows anyone who is an Xbox user with a symbol but there is no symbol to signal a pc or switch player.

  6. #36
    Super Moderator Grand Prince Borvik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    3,132
    Level
    87
    Points: 18,972, Level: 87
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 378
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class Overdrive 1 year registered 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4
    Hey, I forwarded your question about partying to the QA. Pretty much what they told me was if anyone has crossplay enabled in your party, you can get a crossplay match. The system will use whichever option is the easiest - so make sure everyone has it on/off. If it is still happening with crossplay off, please continue to report it here.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

    Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the Forum's Code of Conduct.




  7. #37
    Member Baronet Smokin Oats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    107
    Level
    15
    Points: 863, Level: 15
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Borvik View Post
    Hey, I forwarded your question about partying to the QA. Pretty much what they told me was if anyone has crossplay enabled in your party, you can get a crossplay match. The system will use whichever option is the easiest - so make sure everyone has it on/off. If it is still happening with crossplay off, please continue to report it here.

    I rarely if ever party with people. The main issues I’ve had with this has been while playing by myself. I was more so referencing people on the opposite team were in parties after looking up the game on guru.

    The bug however feels gone. From what I’ve witnessed my games have been a lot better today after the patch. Actually some of my better games I’ve had in months, incuding the most 15+ minute matches I’ve played in awhile. Every loss felt like we deserved to lose rather than be stomped, while every win felt well won. Shoot I had one game come down to the wire on a 25+ minute game that we won. These are the games that make me love Paladins.

    The majority of the lobby was always Xbox with the remaining few being switch players. This update feels like it fixed the bug. If I witness anymore issues I’ll report it to this thread. Thank you again Borvik you’ve been very helpful and thank you to the those behind the scenes doing what they can to fix the bugs.

  8. #38
    Member Viscount DaddyOoker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Another Planet
    Posts
    461
    Level
    20
    Points: 1,378, Level: 20
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Borvik View Post
    Hey, I forwarded your question about partying to the QA. Pretty much what they told me was if anyone has crossplay enabled in your party, you can get a crossplay match. The system will use whichever option is the easiest - so make sure everyone has it on/off. If it is still happening with crossplay off, please continue to report it here.
    Thanks for doing that.

    I don't agree with that's how it should operate. It should go by the most restrictive person in the party or if that is deemed too difficult then use the party leader's setting.

    My friend claimed he had cross play set to "keyboard only" for those matches I posted in this thread. As I said before, I can't confirm that. Hence my prior suggestion to add an indicator for each player in the history.

    If what you posted is how it's going to stay then an indicator in the friends list is needed so you can see up front who needs to change their settings before Qing a match.

  9. #39
    Member Baronet Smokin Oats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    107
    Level
    15
    Points: 863, Level: 15
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyOoker View Post
    Thanks for doing that.

    I don't agree with that's how it should operate. It should go by the most restrictive person in the party or if that is deemed too difficult then use the party leader's setting.

    My friend claimed he had cross play set to "keyboard only" for those matches I posted in this thread. As I said before, I can't confirm that. Hence my prior suggestion to add an indicator for each player in the history.

    If what you posted is how it's going to stay then an indicator in the friends list is needed so you can see up front who needs to change their settings before Qing a match.
    Test out some games with the person you play with. I might be wrong but the cross play feels correct with no bug again after the update. I could be wrong and imma do my own testing but this bug finally feels gone. Thank you for taking this so seriously and helping me get this looked at by hi Rez.

  10. #40
    Member Viscount DaddyOoker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Another Planet
    Posts
    461
    Level
    20
    Points: 1,378, Level: 20
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    https://paladins.guru/match/censored/KGHKmMBEV
    I know for a fact my settings were keyboard for both settings.

    This particular one wasn't even a party.

    This match had an Xbox player. Was it a KB/Mouse? Beats me.

    I see this as an endless support nightmare that will never go away until an indicator is added to reduce the false incidents.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •