Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Flankers are the weakest class in the game, buff them!

Level
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 97
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Forum Tier 2 Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class

Flankers are the weakest class in the game, buff them!

Disclaimer: I won't talk about skye and moji because they are actually damage dealers, I already talked about them in another thread.

As you can see in tournaments and high elo matches , flankers are basically never picked. Instead of a flanker the team gets a 2nd damager...
    The only viable and picked flankers are evie and zhin.
    What's the problem with the others??
    Even if the current braindead meta is founded on bursty and spammable abilites/talents , flanker's mobility is still bad, no matter how much cancer burst they have.
    They need mobility and sustain buff , not damage buff.
    Giving them more damage will turn them in damage dealers, instead hirez should buff their mobility and sustain.
    As I said several times, flanker's job is fight and kill an enemy damager/healer , finish low HP and retreating targets, zone and poke.
    They need mobility for doing their job, they need to rush, retreat, reposition and sometimes dash and confuse enemies in 1v1 , they can be very rewarding but they require skill (high risk, high reward).
    So here's a few buffs for some flankers:

*ANDROXUS*
    Androxus and lex will receive a talent that will give him the old fire back instead of cursed cylinder, this can be very rewarding but it also needs more aim and precision.
    This is a great change but I still think that his dashes without through the warp 5 are pretty short.
    His defiance fist talent should be replaced by a mobility one, and the old dark stalker is perfect!
    Nether step have now separate charges and its no longer linked, every charge should have 4 sec cooldown.

*BUCK*
    Buck is not that good, but he will receive a small buff the next update: he will receive 1 more ammo.
    However his mobility is not great enough... seriously 10 sec cooldown on a leap??
    Buck's heroic leap is rly short without leg day 5, and 10 sec cooldown for a short jump is way too much!
    Decrease its cooldown from 10 to 7 at least (we have a card that decreases its cooldown by 0.5/2.5 sec)

*MEAVE*
    Meave's mobility has been nerfed to the ground!
    Prowl is now only 50% more speed, it was 80% on release.
    Pounce has lost a lot of distance
    Her base moviment speed has been reduced from 400 to 375 and her triple jump talent is gone.
    Her only mobility talent , rouge gambit is bad.
    And her daggers were much harder to aim and they still are.
    Buffing pounce distance and rouge gambit is enough I think.

*LEX*
    Lex is going to receive a talent that will finally make his magnums great. They will have slower fire rate (0.7) and more damage per shot (700) again ... however this talent will be a must pick and the other two will never be played.

Another issue is combat slide, its direction can't be controlled. Make combat slide a real slide (you can control its direction by moving the mouse) and slightly increaese its duration pls

*TALUS*
    Idk, I've never played him.
    I don't know his strenght and his weakness, pls suggest something.

*KOGA* (edit)

Koga is in a bad spot... only 1 viable talent and playstyle (the smg one) and a dead trash ability (agility)
    My suggestion is:

REWORK DRAGON STANCE, turn it into melee.
    700 damage, same refire rate but melee.
    It no longer consumes energy and HP.

UNNERF AGILITY, that nerf was rly bad and not necessary. If you want to nerf it , nerf its loadout cards.

REWORK DRAGON FANGS, turn it into a skewer talent: skewer now consumes only 1 energy bar but it deals 100 less damage. When you finish your 3 energies you won't switch to SMG ofc, you restore your energy while dragon stance is active.

REWORK BLOOD REAPER: gain 50% damage reduction during agility.

I've finished with flankers , don't forget to DELETE BURST META!
    Last edited by driggydrug; 05-06-2019 at 07:13 AM.

Level
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Talus is pretty good, he can set down a rune, burst down an enemy, and if he gets low, he can go back all healed up, with his burst off cooldown again.

Maeve’s Rogue Gambit is pretty good, a pounce for an elimation, do you know how easy it is to get an elimation?
    And her daggers were much harder to aim and they still are.
    Maeve’s daggers aren’t too tough to aim, you just have to get used to them. (This is coming from a console player, which makes it even more tough to aim.)
    Last edited by Zzyrks; 05-02-2019 at 09:24 AM.
    Just because I play on the Nintendo Switch, doesn’t automatically mean I’m bad.
    Console needs in-game chat!

Level
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 164
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    hum dark stalker was actually pretty bad compared to other talents

yes finally lex will be playable again (srly since the removal of the law won i'm not touching him at all)
    buck need a buff yeah
    maeve is fine and they should not change her anymore
    talus is fine, may use a slight very slight buff

Level
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Forum Tier 2 Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class
    For dark stalker I mean the old old one, the one that gived you separate charges of nether step, it was great.

Level
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 164
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by driggydrug View Post
    For dark stalker I mean the old old one, the one that gived you separate charges of nether step, it was great.
    oh, yeah maybe too great actually, allows andro to have more time basically, too op

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by TangAce View Post
    oh, yeah maybe too great actually, allows andro to have more time basically, too op
    Nah.. that talent was balanced.
    It wad removed because console players couldn't deal with high mobility.
    4 sec cooldown per dash is not OP, 3 separate dashes are just more confortable ( because you don't have to use all your 3 dashes) but not broken

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Zzyrks View Post
    Talus is pretty good, he can set down a rune, burst down an enemy, and if he gets low, he can go back all healed up, with his burst off cooldown again.

Maeve’s Rogue Gambit is pretty good, a pounce for an elimation, do you know how easy it is to get an elimation? Maeve’s daggers aren’t too tough to aim, you just have to get used to them. (This is coming from a console player, which makes it even more tough to aim.)
    Meave rogue gambit is her worst talent, it's fun to play but it's not that rewarding. (Street justice and cat boulgar are much easier to play and much stronger)
    With more range on pounce and more damage bonus this talent can probably be playable in ranked.
    And meave is probably the 2nd hardest flank to play... tell me another flanker (except evie , that is the hardest one) with higher skill cap.
    No, andro is not harder to play...you can spam your shots with a pathetic fast fire rate and you are not punished by recoil or inaccuracy and then you finish your target with a punch that has huge range and hitboxes

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by driggydrug View Post
    Meave rogue gambit is her worst talent, it's fun to play but it's not that rewarding. (Street justice and cat boulgar are much easier to play and much stronger)
    With more range on pounce and more damage bonus this talent can probably be playable in ranked.
    And meave is probably the 2nd hardest flank to play... tell me another flanker (except evie , that is the hardest one) with higher skill cap.
    No, andro is not harder to play...you can spam your shots with a pathetic fast fire rate and you are not punished by recoil or inaccuracy and then you finish your target with a punch that has huge range and hitboxes
    I didn't say Maeve isn't the second toughest flank, I just said her shots aren't too tough to use. Also, I was never going to say Andro takes skill, because he doesn't.

Nah.. that talent was balanced.
    It wad removed because console players couldn't deal with high mobility.
    4 sec cooldown per dash is not OP, 3 separate dashes are just more confortable ( because you don't have to use all your 3 dashes) but not broken
    I agree, it should come back, and I would say, most console players can deal with it. (The ones that can't just have to spam Vivian and Skye).

Beta Player Grand Prince MrsCrii's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 260
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 2
    That's just blatantly untrue. Almost every flanker is viable, at least. I've personally seen Maeve, Androxus, Evie and Zhin in the PPL and I think there was a Buck, Skye, Koga and Talus in there somewhere along the line. And of course Mutu brought out Moji. Lex was banned due to a bug which has now been fixed so he might show up. So that's all of them accounted for.

Certainly in ranked I've seen all of them at one point or another. Flanks are generally considered, as a class, to be overpowered if anything, from what I've seen.

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsCrii View Post
    That's just blatantly untrue. Almost every flanker is viable, at least. I've personally seen Maeve, Androxus, Evie and Zhin in the PPL and I think there was a Buck, Skye, Koga and Talus in there somewhere along the line. And of course Mutu brought out Moji. Lex was banned due to a bug which has now been fixed so he might show up. So that's all of them accounted for.

Certainly in ranked I've seen all of them at one point or another. Flanks are generally considered, as a class, to be overpowered if anything, from what I've seen.
    Overpowered, because Supports are just so underpowered.