Thread: Wrecker needs nerf

Beta Player Baron FireAndGasoline's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 184
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 3

Lightbulb Wrecker needs nerf

Wrecker needs nerf

The item Wrecker is very strong currently because its value is very high and everyone in the team can buy. In the old days you could only buy one item per color, so I understand the high effect of Wrecker, but now it needs to be nerfed.

Suggested change: Decrease Wrecker value from 75% / 150% / 225% to 60% / 120% / 180%

The purchase price is correct, but the effect is too high, this nerf will prevent the melting of tanks with non-personal shields. But it remains super effective against personal shields like Vivian and Torvald.
    In this way the damage of the team will be forced to buy the item up to level three, instead of buying up to level 2 and be so effective.

Sorry for my bad english, any suggestions are welcome, if you disagree, say the reason, I will read everything with affection.

Super Moderator Grand Prince Borvik's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 496
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class Overdrive 1 year registered 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4
    Moved to Balance Feedback.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the Forum's Code of Conduct.

Level
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 58
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    hum i'm not sure
    thing is for vivian shield usually wreck 2 is enough
    for torv however everyone will go for wreck 3
    then if you reduce you get some champs like barik with his 1500 shield basically becoming too tanky
    ash's shield would get really hard to destroy depending on the deck
    same for nando with aegis i suppose
    most of the time if there is an annoying shield people would get wreck 3 when they can
    other problem is that if you force people into buying wreck, they can't buy other stuff they could need like resilience or somthing, which in this exemple would mean either enemy has very annoying shield you struggle dealing with or heavy cc preventing you to move properly

shield ain't here to make people tanky like in overwatch, shields (except personnal shields ofc) are here to allow people to clean caut during a fight
    your change would be okay regarding shields like viv, imani or dredge, but for shields like koa or most of the tanks, it simply not good
    maybe if the reduction is a bit lower it could bring more shield based decks, eventually, without breaking the game
    something like 75/140/200

Beta Player Knight
    Level
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 47
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1 year registered Forum Tier 2 Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points
    Let’s balance first cauterize and then let’s talk about wrecked

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by squall_seawave View Post
    Yes! I do also think wrecker is a little too strong as it stands...

Level
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 58
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by squall_seawave View Post
    caut doesn't need balance, simply people should learn to clean it, that is the core gameplay of the game, if you remove it then paladins isn't paladins anymore

Beta Player Viscount
    Level
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 118
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points Tagger First Class 1 year registered
    I agree wrecker needs that nerf. By doing these changes it will slowly remove the burst meta.

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 31
    For me the value are very good. But I think we need to balance each shield before change Wrecker, I think decrease the Health of the shield by 10%, for the most of the Front-line, just Torvald and Ruckus and card which give shield doesn't need a nerf.