Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: How many times have any of you reported someone?

Level
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    All of this talk of auto-ban has me genuinely scared, when people threaten to report you for using the 'wrong talent... It'd be a real shame to lose my current account, lots of money invested... Does anyone know the actuall number of reports to qualify for a ban?

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    It is not that they delete your account, you are more likely being banned for a week with a message explaining to you what you did wrong. And, by the way, I seriously doubt that picking "wrong" card belongs to the list.
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

#AggressiveSupports
    I'm tired of repeating the same things, watch this: link

"It's just Casual/ Go Ranked if you want a decent team/You are low tier, so you're bad." Rage

Level
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 49
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    TangAce has claiming being autobanned multiple times.

I would also like to know what the magic number of reports is to get banned.

I also think as I suggested in the OP that we should have a count of how many reports were made against us within the relevant time period - whatever that is.

Beta Player Grand Prince M3RC3N4RI0's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 199
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 5000 Experience Points Forum Tier 3 1 year registered
    Well, its more like being banned for hours (similar as the ban for discon) and there is no explanation. First was 24 hours if I remember right and 2nd 72 hours. From what TangAce says it's NOT reports-per-match but reports-per-day or similar, so if someone plays only 5 matches a day there is no risk even if every match they get reports. But if you play 100 matches a day it's risky. The 2nd ban came really fast after 3 matches maybe, so it might be wise to make a brake with a banned account. I played my smurf for a week and now it seems fine again.

Level
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    100 matches a day? Holy .... I'm lucky to do 5 a day these days except maybe weekends.

I still want to know if I'm being reported though.

Forum Moderator Grand Prince Peinzius's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 535
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Tagger First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyOoker View Post
    Sure you can, just report (Consequences aside)

That flank Pip scenario should be reportable where the Viktor scenario is not. You are supposed to be helping the team. Intentionally doing anything less is throwing, IMO.
    No. If the person believes they are helping the team, then they aren't intentionally throwing so shouldn't be reported. It doesn't matter how bad their strategy/understanding is, the report system isn't there for you to rage about newer players.
    *Disclaimer*: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.

Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the forum's Code of Conduct.

Need technical or account help? Submit a support ticket!

"I take super hot showers because I like to practice burning in hell."

Level
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 349
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 10000 Experience Points Tagger First Class 1 year registered Forum Tier 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Peinzius View Post
    No. If the person believes they are helping the team, then they aren't intentionally throwing so shouldn't be reported. It doesn't matter how bad their strategy/understanding is, the report system isn't there for you to rage about newer players.
    DaddyOoker wasn't suggesting you do that (I don't think). He was saying that people DO do that, and also making a point about how frustrating matchmaking is where you get paired with such low level people that don't know how to help the team and do stupid things thinking it'll be good (and then just reported, essentially just for not knowing). It's a lose-lose situation on all accounts.
    I'm a Ying main

On a quest to collect all Ying skins. Missing:
    -Quicksilver

Level
    Achievements:
    Missy is much better at putting down thoughts than I am.

Correct, I'm not condoning reporting for being a newbie.

On the other hand, I understand the frustration of the players that do report for this. It really needs to be addressed.

Beta Player Grand Prince M3RC3N4RI0's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 199
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 5000 Experience Points Forum Tier 3 1 year registered
    No. If the person believes they are helping the team, then they aren't intentionally throwing so shouldn't be reported.
    Not if you play the English version. But in the German version "Feeding" is translated as "plays bad" so if you are German there is a report option for annoying noobs.

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    About reporting for being a newbie, I usually write some suggestions in chat, not "pick this, instead of that", but "I've seen you're using X on your loadout. That doesn't work with Y for reasons. Next time try to fix that". If that's the whole problem, it's ok.
    Many times, unfortunately, the average answer is: "I want to have fun by trying something stupid. I don't care to win, I just want to see W, then I can also emoting for the rest of the game". "Do you know there are bot games for that?" "I don't care, so shut up".
    I can assure you that's not newbieness, that's trolling. And yes, they will be reported.
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

#AggressiveSupports
    I'm tired of repeating the same things, watch this: link

"It's just Casual/ Go Ranked if you want a decent team/You are low tier, so you're bad." Rage