Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: How many times have any of you reported someone?

Beta Player Grand Prince M3RC3N4RI0's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 199
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 5000 Experience Points Forum Tier 3 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsCrii View Post
    By the sounds of it you're wasting an awful lot of your time and the time of the people who have to read those reports. Sounds like most aren't even legit reports.
    With the autoban feature it's not important anymore if a report is legit. It just depends how many one gets. So reporting people who annoy you makes perfectly sense.

Level
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 127
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1 year registered Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    I feel like most people here are just abusing the report system to rage about noobs. Being a noob is not prohibited. Sorry you had to find out like this.

Level
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebboosmum View Post
    I feel like most people here are just abusing the report system to rage about noobs. Being a noob is not prohibited. Sorry you had to find out like this.
    In casual, I agree with that as long as they try to win.

Some of these people complaining are ranked players. I think they have the right to complain about noobs there. (Not ranked noobs but actual noobs that have played almost zero siege)

Level
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 126
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Tagger Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebboosmum View Post
    That's... half fair. You're right of course, being a noob isnt a crime by any means. However, you can't discount the frustration of players that shouldnt be matched with them though. Like my friend that i play with gets matched with Masters and Grandmasters all the time. Neither one of us have every played ranked and we play 2 nights a week tops lol. So ya, theyre going to be frustrated with us but neither one of us arranged this, the matchmaker did.

So that's really unfortunate for sure. I'm sure both noobs and vets wish that wasnt the case.
    #make-ash-angry-again

Forum Moderator Grand Prince Peinzius's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 535
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Tagger First Class
    You can't report anyone for their playstyle or how bad they were. Sure it sucks that you needed a healer and they went flank Pip or that your Viktor only landed 1 ultimate in the entire game, but unless there's malicious intent behind it, there's no grounds to report them.

Reporting people for "feeding" or being "noobs" when they're trying their best (no matter how new they are) will only end up getting you banned in the long run for abusing the system. For example, if someone has only played 1 match on a champion and them pick them in ranked, they have the right to do so whether or not it's fair. Don't take out frustrations about matchmaking on other players or the report system.
    *Disclaimer*: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.

Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the forum's Code of Conduct.

Need technical or account help? Submit a support ticket!

"I take super hot showers because I like to practice burning in hell."

Level
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Peinzius View Post
    You can't report anyone for their playstyle or how bad they were. Sure it sucks that you needed a healer and they went flank Pip or that your Viktor only landed 1 ultimate in the entire game, but unless there's malicious intent behind it, there's no grounds to report them.

Reporting people for "feeding" or being "noobs" when they're trying their best (no matter how new they are) will only end up getting you banned in the long run for abusing the system. For example, if someone has only played 1 match on a champion and them pick them in ranked, they have the right to do so whether or not it's fair. Don't take out frustrations about matchmaking on other players or the report system.
    Sure you can, just report (Consequences aside)

That flank Pip scenario should be reportable where the Viktor scenario is not. You are supposed to be helping the team. Intentionally doing anything less is throwing, IMO.

The champ level doesn't bother me as long as they know how to play the role that's expected. The issue is at it's worst when they have played little to no siege or they have to play roles they have never played before. Yeah, you can provide help in the chat but there's a limit to what can be "fixed" during a match.

It's not a MM problem when a player with zero experience goes into a ranked game. That low/zero experience is the problem and the MM doesn't know that because it has nothing to work with. An assumption is made that said player is average. They do their placements and they get put with combinations of silvers to plats and other qualifiers. If the person is a truly poor player then most likely losses result. Sure, technically it's not the players fault and not reportable since the game is encouraging this but it kinda is the players fault - He chose to go into a competitive environment without being prepared for it. We can also blame the game for allowing this.

It's not fair to the low level player who gets flamed/reported and it's not fair to the other players who did get reasonable experience first.

Many people have suggested improvements (myself included - see my sig) but the current requirements remain at nothing more than a simple acct level and a champion count.

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Tagger Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyOoker View Post
    Sure, technically it's not the players fault and not reportable since the game is encouraging this but it kinda is the players fault - He chose to go into a competitive environment without being prepared for it.
    Not challenging this because I know you guys have debated this to the ends of the Earth so i'd wager you've already discussed whatever I was going to say lol. However this one confuses me. It strikes me like the ol' applying for a jobs without experience when every job requires experience. It would seem to me like this person has to start somewhere, the only way to prepare for it would be to do it no? Unless this refers to what you said earlier about them not understanding the siege mode, then I def get that.
    #make-ash-angry-again

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Brickvon View Post
    Not challenging this because I know you guys have debated this to the ends of the Earth so i'd wager you've already discussed whatever I was going to say lol. However this one confuses me. It strikes me like the ol' applying for a jobs without experience when every job requires experience. It would seem to me like this person has to start somewhere, the only way to prepare for it would be to do it no? Unless this refers to what you said earlier about them not understanding the siege mode, then I def get that.
    Yeah many have seen the "debate".

"person has to start somewhere"
    "not understanding the siege mode"

Casual siege with a minimum time requirement solves both.

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyOoker View Post
    Yeah many have seen the "debate".

"person has to start somewhere"
    "not understanding the siege mode"

Casual siege with a minimum time requirement solves both.
    I can't really think of any issues with that, it sounds like a decent plan. It's not unheard of either. There are plenty of games that require you to complete some kind of learning phase before launching into the "serious part". I'd have no issue with that, but then again, I have no stake in it either :P
    #make-ash-angry-again

Level
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 349
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 10000 Experience Points Tagger First Class 1 year registered Forum Tier 4
    Very few times. Only when someone's genuinely toxic (if they whine a little I don't really bother. Especially now that the autoban system seems to just be going by number of reports, I'd feel bad to get someone banned just for being a baby about something one match). Although there's been a couple genuinely toxic people that I've forgotten to report, which is a real shame.
    I'm a Ying main

On a quest to collect all Ying skins. Missing:
    -Quicksilver