Thread: Atlas And His Gun

Level
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 76
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points

Atlas And His Gun

I am not really big fan of playing Tanks in online games but i really like Atlas and his kit. Problem is i am not really effective with him and i am having hard time staying alive, which means capturing the objective and killing (defending myself).

I wanted to ask what is the best way to use his gun? I feel like it takes too looks to fully charge his shot and it's easy to miss with him, so you have to be very careful. How are you guys using his gun? No charge at all? Mid charged? Fully charged? What is the best way to use his gun? I am really not sure.

Another thing that bothers me is that his abilities are very "slow". What i mean with this is, every his ability has some kind of weird delay before he actually starts doing what you want him to do and i really hate that.

Beta Player Grand Prince MrsCrii's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 260
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 2
    As far as the gun I charge it as much as I need to. So up close not at all. Mid range maybe halfway or so and at range all the way (unless they're super low and I just need that first bullet to hit :P ).

I totally agree with the abilities and their odd delay. It makes him awkward to use and can really cost you.

Personally I do play front lines a lot but I suspect Atlas will remain my lowest level front line. He's just not fun to play and it feels like I get better results with other front lines.

Super Moderator Grand Prince Borvik's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 50
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class Overdrive 1 year registered 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4
    Moved to Gameplay & Strategy.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the Forum's Code of Conduct.

Level
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 76
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsCrii View Post
    As far as the gun I charge it as much as I need to. So up close not at all. Mid range maybe halfway or so and at range all the way (unless they're super low and I just need that first bullet to hit :P ).

I totally agree with the abilities and their odd delay. It makes him awkward to use and can really cost you.

Personally I do play front lines a lot but I suspect Atlas will remain my lowest level front line. He's just not fun to play and it feels like I get better results with other front lines.
    Thanks for the info!
    Really sad to hear that he is not that good compared to some other Tanks but i kinda realized that because i am barely seeing him in my games. So i guess i am not the only one feeling like this about him.

They should really fix the delay on his abilities and gun tho. Like i said it can be really bad. Many times i have to click a button twice just for it to register, it's so bad.

Level
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 89
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoRaider1988 View Post
    They should really fix the delay on his abilities and gun tho. Like i said it can be really bad. Many times i have to click a button twice just for it to register, it's so bad.
    I'm pretty sure the reason your noticing a delay like that is because the only ability Atlas can use while his gun is charging and firing is his second chance. His Setback won't fire or his Stasis wall until Atlas's gun has went through the firing animation. You'll even see the ability icons go red. I mess up in battle quite a bit since its something you need to get used to, but it's something you can play around.
    Also, I'd say Atlas only isn't good as other frontlines because he hasn't been played as much as them. People need time to learn him as he has quite the learning curve to him, especially when trying to use his ult. I've played Atlas quite a bit (Level 14) and while i know a good bit about the character i know there's a lot i need to learn gameplay wise.
    Aspiring Atlas Aficionado
    "Do you know the definition of insanity?"

Level
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 35
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Overdrive 500 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    Practice - I always have these problems with any new champion.

I'm still learning Atlas - Just got him to L8 and have only used him in non-ranked modes.
    So far I find he works best when combined with another front line but can be viable with a competent team.

The weapon was already covered by MrsCrii.

Try adding the Lost Legacy card for self heal (I use L5) and Infinity Engine card (I use L2) to not consume ammo to your loadout. Both work when the Stasis Field is up - heal and shoot for 2 seconds with unlimited ammo at the same time - a good combo - especially without a trusted support. Also I think I have Old Wounds at L5 - maxed health.

You want to get the skills available more. I almost always go L1 Chronos first - this may be the only front line I feel I HAVE to do this with. You might even want L2 in some cases.

Try using Setback on enemies who just arrived or just got healed from low health.

Don't wait until 1 bar of health to use Second Chance.

Good luck.