Thread: SKYE: Proposing a kit rework for fixing her flanking role

Member Knight
    Level
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 500 Experience Points Forum Tier 2

SKYE: Proposing a kit rework for fixing her flanking role

Skye has been one of the most difficult champs to balance and the recent reveal nerf and smoke and dagger rework made debilitate her only viable pick on ranked and earned a place as one of the power picks along with evie,andro,moji etc. She could kill backline champs pretty well but illuminate, reveals and lack of mobility made it difficult for her to go for a kill. Her tank melting potential made debilitate and her buffed ammo clip special afterwards. But then players found it too OP and unfair for a flanker to have since its easy to hit and can get spammed every 3s. One of the other reasons players found skye OP is her ammo cards, which according to some of you, is the main reason skye works as a dmg dealer. But you have to understand the fact that skye is one of the most counterable champs along with drogoz in the entire game. Skye simply has debilitate to make up for that (while drogoz doesnt, which isnt what i want to talk about). So ive proposed a massive rework to her kit so that her tank melting burst can be removed but make her more than perfect for killing backline champs and also other flankers but only at close-range, as a compensation for having a lack of mobility and so many counters especially her counter-picks (strix, vivian and tyra).
    First of all, lets go for the ammo card reworks:-
    *Decrepify- Gain 6/12/18/24/30% lifesteal against poisoned targets.
    *Twilight Armor-Increase your ammo capacity by 1/2/3/4/5.
    These changes will take away some aspects of her tank melting burst. And since skye is gonna feel a bit useless like before the reveal nerfs, the best course of action that can be done is to integrate PREPARATION into her base kit (or atleast let it reset the cooldown of Hidden upon a killing blow) and bring back Surprise Attack as its replacement. But since this would work pretty well against tanks over 3k HP, I would propose changing her clip size to limit her burst to be most effective against backline champs only:-
    *Ammo clip reduced from 25 to 15.
    And for Debilitate, I would rework it to have a form of CC to differentiate it from her other 2 talents(including surprise attack) like:-
    *Debilitate- Hitting an enemy with Poison bolts will apply a cripple for 2s, and will cause you not to consume ammo for 1s (since skye has an ammo clip of only 15 in this thread) while preventing usage of ur ult over the duration of the ability.
    This is all i have to share over my mind and id like to listen to your opinion about this kit rework and what you think about it.
    Last edited by PoTAToSNlpEr; 04-26-2019 at 08:26 PM. Reason: changed twilight armor instead of giving health cards

Beta Player Grand Prince MrsCrii's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 260
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 2
    That would just make Debilitate mandatory because without it you've got no ammo to speak of. Her other Talents would be dead with such a tiny clip.

Member Knight
    Level
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 500 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    Damn it I forgot to mention the 15% dmg amp I wanted to add but let's just test her dps first without the dmg amp if it's too low ill edit the thread more to make her better. So if u hit the entire clip with surprise attack it does 2450 dmg without the poison burst within 1.5s and deals 2726 which is fairly alot. And if you are able to spam ur tiny clip while hitting atleast 3 crits with the 500 dmg+ the poison dmg within 1.5s combined, that's more than 2921 dmg so your aim is the most important factor here. But I still forgot to mention the dmg amp so what do u think about it now? I'll add the dmg amp thing by tomorrow cuz imo her dps seems promising without it with good aim

Beta Player Grand Prince MrsCrii's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 260
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 2
    Quote Originally Posted by PoTAToSNlpEr View Post
    Damn it I forgot to mention the 15% dmg amp I wanted to add but let's just test her dps first without the dmg amp if it's too low ill edit the thread more to make her better. So if u hit the entire clip with surprise attack it does 2450 dmg without the poison burst within 1.5s and deals 2726 which is fairly alot. And if you are able to spam ur tiny clip while hitting atleast 3 crits with the 500 dmg+ the poison dmg within 1.5s combined, that's more than 2921 dmg so your aim is the most important factor here. But I still forgot to mention the dmg amp so what do u think about it now? I'll add the dmg amp thing by tomorrow cuz imo her dps seems promising without it with good aim
    Eh, I still think the small clip is problematic. She's not going to hit all her shots unless she's point blank and such a small clip means she's constantly reloading. That means more time where she's defenseless. I would rather see the damage remain and see the clip increased, if anything.

Member Knight
    Level
    Achievements:
    The other main reason i wanted to reduce her ammo clip is becuz she has a reload card that has her weapon reload faster than maldamba with full deft hands if u hit ur poison bolts, since skye reloads faster than most champs already. So her reload would almost be instant and she can just use smoke screen after she uses poisons and reload at the same time if she somehow fails to hit her full clip the entire game. And honestly as skye mains we usually flank the supps and DDs from the back which makes them difficult to react unaware while hitting more than 14 bullets which is more than enough to kill them already with the current debilitate. But skye as flank is supposed to have low health so i guess ill switch the HP buff i had in mind for with a much weaker version of twilight armor which scales between:-
    *Increase your ammo capacity by 1/2/3/4/5.
    This is the best way to make her aim more forgiving without making her deal alot of dmg at long to mid range with Debilitate. Ill edit the thread for the twilight rework now

Beta Player Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    DEBILITATE TALENT: Offers the same damage but three bolts have timer like, if u activate debilitate first bolt will go instantly and after 0.8 sec another and simultaneously the third one(you will have no control over skye bolts).this will increase the ttk for tanks to react and counter the potential burst while keeping her ability to burst over time-----[Increased skill].
    SMOKE AND DAGGER: creates a smoke screen like the previous patches before but have a high cooldown so that people wont spam it on point.[skill,playstyle].
    PREPARATION: reduce active cooldown and also flatbuff skye movement speed for the first 3 sec after getting kill.so she can go get a kill and retreat asap.I dont know which number for the movement buff but it needs some tests to prove its viability and not being op.
    All these changes ill bring more skill to skye.
    From a UNLOVED KINESSA MAIN

Member Knight
    Level
    Achievements:
    The debilitate change u suggested is absolutely terrible (no offense). And heres why (briefly):-
    *Skye is a flanker and this change would give backline champs higher ttk but more and more time to react.
    *If skye tries flanking a mobile supp like ying or damba, theres like 60-75% chance they use their F skills before the other 2 bolts fire.
    *Preparation will do more dmg against the backline and flankers up close.
    *Skye will have to fight at mid-range much more than normal making her nothing but a dmg dealer.
    *Skye wont win a single flank duel with the lower burst within 1.5s and when she fire the other 2 bolts, it will interrupt her left-click and give the opponent better advantage and kill her in less than 2 secs since she doesnt have a good escape and the only escape/mobility she has can be countered by illuminate at lvl 2.
    *If Skye gets flanked at all, she simply will lose with the other 2 bolts interrupting her LMB and being squishy and all+no mobility.
    *Preparation will do much better for flanking the backline and this version of debilitate will hurt her real role which isnt actually killing tanks.
    *Skye will hardly be seen on ranked just like when ying wasnt after she got nerfed.
    So changing the entire mechanism of poison bolts is not the right way to go since Debilitate is her one and only easy to engage and more self-dependant pick in high elos while being the only talent viable to the entire community. Theres more i have to say but i cant remember atm so ill edit it to make it more understandable whatsoever so if u want to say anything feel free to do that. But if u still think this debilitate change is good then just try to make your answer more debatable or maybe add more reasoning to it rather than pointing out it needs better skill or aiming cuz Debilitate is whats keeping skye alive to most of the players and if u propose a change thats somewhat complicated or differentiates alot to the mechanics of the current debilitate its gonna be more uneasy for players to agree to it. The best way to change debilitate and its burst is to do one simple change at a time like the tiny nerf that skye got recently in 2.04.

Beta Player Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    I Have suggested these ideas not in the intention to nerfing her, but to make her more skillful.I agree she lacks some things like mobility in her kit to be a flank.But that doesn't make her debilitate dependent.
    Champions should be played through all talentwise everything must be viable,everything must be skilled to pull off.Thats how a game should reward!!.Debilitate is just fat damage to tanks by a simple click but i agree she is not viable in 1v1.

In my perspective most of the abilities in the game Rn and the champions are simply braindead. It was not like this back in near closed beta.I will list some of them.
    Skye-Debilitate
    Tyra-firebomb build to spam the point.
    Andro-braindead left click and punches.
    Zhin-hitboxes.
    dredge
    and i dont wanna extend
    You know this game lacks [skill-reward] lately,maeve,buck are good before with the right skill set they were rewarded better and now No people even plays them or talk abt them to make em better.
    And you sure must have heard me making post regarding kinessa a lot.She was a skill required champion from start but now they made her skill ceiling so high by making her sight lines fail her.whats the point?
    I got so sick of this biased balancing based on winrates and not looking into real fact how champions are getting rewarded for their skill.
    I was not playing this game lately and i mostly never intend to play this game again.Not untill everything is going fair in my point of view

Level
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 31 days registered Forum Tier 2 Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points
    Twilight Armor-Increase your ammo capacity by 1/2/3/4/5.

seems way to weak

*Ammo clip reduced from 25 to 15.

bit excessive

Debilitate- Hitting an enemy with Poison bolts will apply a cripple for 2s,

interesting.

while preventing usage of ur ult over the duration of the ability.

a bit odd tbh.

Member Knight
    Level
    Achievements:
    the twilight armor rework i suggested was originally an HP card but then i got alot of replies saying that the clip is too low. so i gave a weaker version of the card and 2-3 extra bullets is enough to compensate for ur aim becuz skyes dps is pretty high due to her low mobility + she deals more than 2726 dmg with the tiny clip and poison dmg within 1.5s combined. increasing the clip at base would still make her effective for flanking tanks so this clip will limit it while taking more aim. The low clip wont be that bad since she has 50% reload card which reloads faster than dredge with full deft hands after landing poisons( i mentioned some of that to other replies).
    And about the Debilitate rework,
    If skye had full cripple for 4s which is the duration of poisons, she could simply spam it with the 3s cooldown and not give a better fighting chance while cripple already prevents ult usage so i thought it would make the remaining burst of the poisons more of a use as alot of DDs and tanks like inara , tyra and viv dont have any form of mobility(inaras knockup mobility during her Q doesnt get effected by cripple anyway). So that ult thing seemed a good idea cuz crippling them would be useless if they dont have a mobility skill.
    EDIT:with the surprise attack replacements and debilitate rework whatsoever, skye will have room for other loadout cards like her sustain build with Healing vapors and like her movespeed build.
    Last edited by PoTAToSNlpEr; 04-29-2019 at 06:08 AM.