Thread: Skye's Legendaries

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 26
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 500 Experience Points

Lightbulb Skye's Legendaries

I think the choise of let to skye just one attack legendary was bad... with the recent nerf at poison bolt (needed for sure) skye is now less avaiable than before...
    My suggestion is just to get back "surprise attack" instead of "smoke and dagger"
    I know that that legendary was probably the elss played, but in almost 150 hours on Skye (when that legendary was still in the game) i played just with that all the time.. and according to me, that was actually a good second option for an aggressive legendary: champ like Koga, Zhin, Mojii Mal Damba, Seris, Khan, Inara, and others can easily use a skill to get dmg immunity, dmg reduction, be untargetable, use a barrier and nullify the poision effect... in that case, surprise attack could become more handy cause that 500 dmg on the single hit are not easily nullified if you not get healed enough on the moment;
    Also, surely my thought about surprise is not enough, but simple math can show that the difference between Debilitate and Surprise Attack dmg ( this one + x shots+ poison) is just about 100/200 points...
    It's all about use a different strategy and sure that legendary is less blamable than the old smoke and dagger that was just a spam of smoke bomb...

So, to be honest, I think that a single legendary to be aggressive really limit the play stile and the choise on the load... consider a change between the actual Smoke And Dagger and Surprise Attack could be great!

Level
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 106
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    the problem with skye is illuminate and poor mobility, they turned smoke into invisbility so you can't even defend against illum

Member Knight
    Level
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 500 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    Skye is still viable and pretty good in the right hands. The nerf on poisons was fake. Instead they reduced debilitate dmg bonus from 30% to 25% which is 37.5% HP dmg from the actual 39%. I get why they did that since poison bolts at base is just rlly bad. For proof u can try her poisons on anyone in shooting range. The poison bolts deals 30% still and deals 60% with the 2nd right click which is more than 50% after the nerfs. This proves that skye can get useless again if anyone form of her burst gets reduced. Now theres not much i have to say atm so ill edit my post or post another if i have anything else to say.
    EDIT- My mistake. I mistook the Street Style VOD video where i thought they said skyes Poisons at base will get reduced from 30% to 25% all 3 of them together.
    Last edited by PoTAToSNlpEr; 04-26-2019 at 06:51 AM.

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 26
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    I know that, but i'm one of those player that can even go against illuminate to be honest, not always of course, but i can deal with that and she has really good card for her mobility...anyway the point of my post was another one, but thanks for your opinion

Beta Player Esquire
    Level
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1 year registered Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    after new update Skye is faking useless... idiots hirez. First take smoke and dagger dmg now nerf her only last legendary that u could use... no mobility, no hide after iluminte lower price. no good dmg and no good deliberate....

Beta Player Esquire
    Level
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 69
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1 year registered Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormek33 View Post
    I think the choise of let to skye just one attack legendary was bad... with the recent nerf at poison bolt (needed for sure) skye is now less avaiable than before...
    My suggestion is just to get back "surprise attack" instead of "smoke and dagger"
    I know that that legendary was probably the elss played, but in almost 150 hours on Skye (when that legendary was still in the game) i played just with that all the time.. and according to me, that was actually a good second option for an aggressive legendary: champ like Koga, Zhin, Mojii Mal Damba, Seris, Khan, Inara, and others can easily use a skill to get dmg immunity, dmg reduction, be untargetable, use a barrier and nullify the poision effect... in that case, surprise attack could become more handy cause that 500 dmg on the single hit are not easily nullified if you not get healed enough on the moment;
    Also, surely my thought about surprise is not enough, but simple math can show that the difference between Debilitate and Surprise Attack dmg ( this one + x shots+ poison) is just about 100/200 points...
    It's all about use a different strategy and sure that legendary is less blamable than the old smoke and dagger that was just a spam of smoke bomb...

So, to be honest, I think that a single legendary to be aggressive really limit the play stile and the choise on the load... consider a change between the actual Smoke And Dagger and Surprise Attack could be great!
    Skye is in a pretty bad place at the moment. Illuminate is too cheap and only 1 point is required to nullify her ability to actually flank. Vivian, Cassie and Tyra all hard counter her with team wide reveal mechanics. She has no escape once engaged or revealed. She literally gets chased down by damage and other flanks once she gets revealed with almost no chance of getting away. Her mobility is one of if not the worst in the game for a flank. She was filling a small tank busting roll prior to the nerf. But hey, at least the devs have one less character to worry about balancing for competitive matches. Pretty lazy/shady development tactics that have been used for decades now.