Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Which flanker would you recommend for an clueless player like me?

Member Esquire
    Level
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 250 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester
    I mean the only other flank that has an escape button like Zhin is Evie. But okay, if not Evie, then maybe Androxus. He has insane close range burst (all three talents are okay; even though many people consider Defiant Fist to be bad right now, the high burst is still nice in 1v1 situations), you will win every 1v1 if you get the first shot in on close range, you can delete many squishies in a second or so, but Andro is very ineffective at long range, so you really are committed to fighting on close range, diving people, which can be pretty risky. But Andro is still pretty fun imho if there aren't Cassie's and Lian's on the enemy team. Honestly, I'd recommend you to go Defiant Fist, just to have better chances in 1v1 situations when you are flanking, plus I found that Defiant Fist actually works pretty fine with a good loadout: you can go for Watchful 5 or Abyssal Touch 5 to get your dashes back. My loadout is:
    Abyssal Touch 5
    Watchful 3
    Through The Warp 4
    Marksman 1
    Ellusive 2
    With this combination of Abyssal Touch and Watchful you can get your dashes back pretty consistently.
    Godslayer is also good, but it depends on how you wanna play Andro. If you wanna play more safe then I'd say Cylinder or Godslayer, if you wanna play aggressively and dive people then I'd say Defiant Fist

Level
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester
    Quote Originally Posted by schachmaty View Post
    I mean the only other flank that has an escape button like Zhin is Evie. But okay, if not Evie, then maybe Androxus. He has insane close range burst (all three talents are okay; even though many people consider Defiant Fist to be bad right now, the high burst is still nice in 1v1 situations), you will win every 1v1 if you get the first shot in on close range, you can delete many squishies in a second or so, but Andro is very ineffective at long range, so you really are committed to fighting on close range, diving people, which can be pretty risky. But Andro is still pretty fun imho if there aren't Cassie's and Lian's on the enemy team. Honestly, I'd recommend you to go Defiant Fist, just to have better chances in 1v1 situations when you are flanking, plus I found that Defiant Fist actually works pretty fine with a good loadout: you can go for Watchful 5 or Abyssal Touch 5 to get your dashes back. My loadout is:
    Abyssal Touch 5
    Watchful 3
    Through The Warp 4
    Marksman 1
    Ellusive 2
    With this combination of Abyssal Touch and Watchful you can get your dashes back pretty consistently.
    Godslayer is also good, but it depends on how you wanna play Andro. If you wanna play more safe then I'd say Cylinder or Godslayer, if you wanna play aggressively and dive people then I'd say Defiant Fist
    Ah yes, I never thought of using Defiant Fist on Androxus before. Tried your build and I must say I'm pretty amazed by it. I usually go with either Cursed Cylinder or Godslayer but it seems the Defiant Fist playstyle fits me so much better. Thanks for the tip dude!

However, I must say that I gotta improve on that aim though, he is much much more aim heavy than Zhin is and it will definitely take some time getting used to.
    YES I MAIN LIAN AND SHE'S NOT OP OK

BUFF PRECISION PLEASE

CURRENT FAVORED HEROES:
    LIAN LIAN LIAN LIAN LIAN <3
    ASH
    ZHIN
    GROUNDROXUS

Level
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 88
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester
    I have to agree with trying Talus. His teleport ability is a beautiful "eject button" so to speak. and you can also spec it to heal you some and reset cooldowns.

Beta Player Sovereign Prince Shadowpuppy's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 95
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    You are looking at it backwards. Zhin was only peeventing you from learning how to flank as you cannot learn good position is you have a safty net.

If your goal. is truly to learn how to be a flanker you should play Androxus. Yes you will die allot but that ia how you figure out good possitioning.

They all require this and the escape is not a oh crap i. meassed up button its a im going to run into three people kill one and get out alive. To do this you need good position, timing, and game sence

Level
    Achievements:
    Maeve is another good choice for learning as if your in the wrong place yoh die with her.

Dying is the only way to learn how not too.

Level
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 57
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpuppy View Post
    Maeve is another good choice for learning as if your in the wrong place yoh die with her.

Dying is the only way to learn how not too.
    i second this but if you want a fun flank to pub-stomp with, try a debilitate skye build, not hard at all, she's basically a close range vivian, but can go invisible
    #make-ash-angry-again!
    ign:koopa
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallachia View Post
    Oh hai <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Borvik View Post
    just imagine buck in a speedo...
    flank: Androxus, Evie, Fernando
    damage: strix, bomb King, pip
    tank: makoa, Khan, Buck
    support: furia, jenos, Skye

Level
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points 7 days registered
    The best flank to play for noobs is Viktor but you must be constantly sprinting into walls.
    Schools out.

Fix maeves bugs

I seem to have bad luck when it comes to getting put with good teams. None the less i get best flank 90% of the time. I would like to get put with better players so if you would like to play with me ps4. My ign is: Maeveinator

YOU ROCK!.... CANCEL THAT!

Level
    Achievements:
    Lex build that is fun.

Heroism
    5 on slide distance
    4 on speed after slide
    4 on shots reset slide

You have a crap ton of mobility.
    You can slide in kill and slide away.
    Allows you to get close to people while taking almost no damage.

5 shots resets your slide but really it takes 0.6 seconds at least to shoot 4 rounds. You can get multipule slides in a 1v1... You can also slide and reload while sliding.

Your auto aim counts as reset shots so you can rigjt click to get an emergency slide away slide

Level
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 57
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    i completely forgot about lex!
    yes i agree slide\mobility lex is a ton of fun to play.
    #make-ash-angry-again!
    ign:koopa
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallachia View Post
    Oh hai <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Borvik View Post
    just imagine buck in a speedo...
    flank: Androxus, Evie, Fernando
    damage: strix, bomb King, pip
    tank: makoa, Khan, Buck
    support: furia, jenos, Skye

Beta Player Count
    Level
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 44
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    You want a character to play?
    GROHK - EXTREMLY HARD TO KILL
    GROVER - EXTREMLY HARD TO CATCH