Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Cynthia, ongoing champion idea

Level
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 58
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered

Lightbulb Cynthia, ongoing champion idea

So hi, as i couldn't sleep tonight i had this idea for a new champ,

name : cynthia
    title : The Dimmensional Traveller / The Orb Master
    role : damage

health : 2100
    speed : 350-355 (not sure)

Shred : throw the orb, dealing 500 damage when it goes trough an enemy
    the orb is a projectile that travels at close range in 0.25sec (going to about one andro dash i'd say)
    lmb can be held to increase the range at which the orb will go up to long range in 1sec (can't really say how far, the orb would have an acceleration over time) it's not a charge, it's channeled
    the orb goes trough enemies
    if lmb is held, the orb will follow player crosshair, courbing toward it (but it never goes backward, if player turns around for exemple, the orb will simply continue it's course straitgh forward)
    the orb goes trough enemies, and stays where it is until it is called back
    lmb can only be used if the player hold the orb
    orb is a projectile dealing direct damage

BackBurst : call the orb back
    the orb will travels back to the player from it's current position going trough walls or whatever in a straight line, damaging enemies it goes trough for 500

Destroy: the orb explode dealing 500 damage in an area (a sphere of diameter about size of deadzone), after the explosion the orb is reacreated in the player's hand
    can only be used while orb is deployed
    cooldown 8sec

Traverse : the player teleport to the orb (obiously holding it afterward)
    obviously can only be used while orb is deployed
    cooldown 5sec

Accelerate : for the duration of the ult your teleport has no cooldown and the orb will not deal damage to enemies it goes trough, the orb travels 100% faster, an explosion is triggered everytime you teleport (at the orb location)
    you can use your ult at 10% charge or above, every 10% adds 1 second to the ult duration (basically 1% is 0.1 second)
    the ult has a cast time of 0.5 second during which you can't do anything, if you receive damage during the cast you ult is cancelled (you keep ult charge) you can cancel your ult anytime during it's use (you keep remaining ult charge) if you die during your ult you lose all ult charge

talents :
    Destroying Traverse (wow originality -.- ) : teleporting to the orb causes it to explode (basically it triggers the first skill)
    Explosive Dance : during ultimate the orb travels 200% faster and explosion cd is lowered to 2seconds
    growing power : orb damage increases based on the number of enemy it went trough, damage is now as follow : 500 + 100*number of enemies it went trough, bonus reset when holding the orb (up to 1000)

first, what do you think about it?
    Is anything in her kit that seems broken? or underpowered (but i don't think anything is underpowered)

Here's a bit of lore
    Cynthia somehow ended up with an orb existing in multiple dimmensions (the orb can never be destroyed except if it get destroyed in all dimmensions at once) this orb allows her to travel from a dimmension to another
    She was an apprentice in the capital before the magistrate split up with the paladins (she was only a child at this time) but now she's fighting alone against the magistrate and the paladins

she shall be reserved and secret, bit shy and very calm, try to avoid fighting, yet badass when fighting, her colors shall be black, white and purple
    she shall have purple eyes (not purple like seris, something more intense)

It's not much but I'm trying to improve all of this
    if you have any questions or if something is unclear tell me ^.^
    have a good day.

Big thanks to DaddyOoker for his help on this concept
    Last edited by TangAce; 06-05-2019 at 03:05 AM.

Level
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 99
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 Overdrive 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Interesting idea, but I think doing 500 damage by throwing the orbs on it going through enemies with a big range and going back through enemies through walls sounds a bit too much, so I would lower the damage because it could just be thrown, teleported, catched, thrown again and so on.

The ultimate could be designed as incorporation more orbs, like 2 or 3 of them, with adjusted damage, because the ultimate as is does sound broken.

Just the things that come out of my mind. sorry for not giving more regarding cards right now
    Per aspera ad astra.

Super Moderator Sovereign Prince cmsaunli's Avatar
    Protecting a Volcano, and the Ska'drin. (But not Talus)
    Level
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 74
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 Tagger First Class Overdrive 1 year registered 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Averey View Post
    Interesting idea, but I think doing 500 damage by throwing the orbs on it going through enemies with a big range and going back through enemies through walls sounds a bit too much, so I would lower the damage because it could just be thrown, teleported, catched, thrown again and so on.

The ultimate could be designed as incorporation more orbs, like 2 or 3 of them, with adjusted damage, because the ultimate as is does sound broken.

Just the things that come out of my mind. sorry for not giving more regarding cards right now
    I'm not sure it would be 500 DPS though, it would be 500 damage, then you'd have to go through the whole process again.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the Forum's Code of Conduct.

BRING BACK PAYLOAD!

Need to submit a Support Ticket? Click me!

Cicero's Official Listener.
    "Legendary Support Makoa Main"

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    yeah maybe 500 is too much, but like it takes 1sec to reach full range, and it would probably not be easy to control, so in 1sec you maybe will hit 2 champions, giving 1000dps, but yeah the more you touch the more value (but looking at other damage like imani, lian, bk for exemple...they are way more op than this, just lian is 800+ trough up to 5 people, every 3sec if u not miss, every sec if you touch more than 1)

the ult yeah may be broken, i kinda wanted something very fast paced, like being able to tp over and over, like almost flying xD i think i prefer my second idea, with the orb dealing no damage during the ult

if you had more orbs then how does the tp work?

in terms of cooldowns does it look fine?

maybe the orb could be limited at damaging only 2 enemies at a time?

the whole idea is to send it then getting it back and to combo with tp and explosion (but ofc the tp would put you in a bad position)

any ideas about the champion itself? a name maybe? or a theme?

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    I agree with Averey. The idea is interesting, but such dmg, at Andro's speed, with also the capacity of following the avoiding enemy seems too much for me.
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

#AggressiveSupports
    I'm tired of repeating the same things, watch this: link

"It's just Casual/ Go Ranked if you want a decent team/You are low tier, so you're bad." Rage

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkure View Post
    I agree with Averey. The idea is interesting, but such dmg, at Andro's speed, with also the capacity of following the avoiding enemy seems too much for me.
    i'll make some changes then

Level
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Overdrive 500 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    Talent idea: Orb also heals allies that it passes thru. Damage support hybrid?

Maybe the path followed is preset before thrown - similar to Inara's wall.
    Hold down LMB.
    Look down, the path is closer in, basically circular and smaller.
    The higher you look the further out and more elliptical the path becomes.
    Let off the LMB, release the Orb.
    This would free up the RMB for something else.
    This would allow enemies to attempt to predict the path and possibly avoid it.

Just a thought - how about changing the orb to a boomerang?

You started this....

Just had another idea because of the inability to control the path in the vertical plane using my control method.

Instead of Orbs or boomerang - you throw out a force field with unlimited vertical height. This is an expanding field that expands using the path specified. Enemies hit by the expanding field walls get the damage and also get pushed inside the force field. Everyone (including allies) inside it are stuck there until the field expires - still able to move about etc.
    Last edited by DaddyOoker; 05-02-2019 at 01:04 PM.

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyOoker View Post
    Talent idea: Orb also heals allies that it passes thru. Damage support hybrid?

Maybe the path followed is preset before thrown - similar to Inara's wall.
    Hold down LMB.
    Look down, the path is closer in, basically circular and smaller.
    The higher you look the further out and more elliptical the path becomes.
    Let off the LMB, release the Orb.
    This would free up the RMB for something else.
    This would allow enemies to attempt to predict the path and possibly avoid it.

Just a thought - how about changing the orb to a boomerang?

You started this....

Just had another idea because of the inability to control the path in the vertical plane using my control method.

Instead of Orbs or boomerang - you throw out a force field with unlimited vertical height. This is an expanding field that expands using the path specified. Enemies hit by the expanding field walls get the damage and also get pushed inside the force field. Everyone (including allies) inside it are stuck there until the field expires - still able to move about etc.
    I like the talent idea, yes it wouldn't work in 3D, a field would make it too op, plus i like the idea of an orb
    the mechanic seems fine, just the numbers to afjust, the ult to change cause too op, and find some lore stuff to turn this into an actual champ

Level
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Overdrive 500 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    Name idea for your champion: Jupitor (intentional misspell) - the Orb is really a moon in a temporal phase shift state.

Maybe the force field idea could be an ultimate for another champion?

Here's another ultimate idea for unrelated champ - All players get scaled down to 1/3 their normal size for 6 seconds. All things with a distance element are also scaled down the same amount - I.E. weapon, totem radius etc.
    Last edited by DaddyOoker; 05-03-2019 at 08:06 AM.

Level
    Achievements:
    hum i'd like it to be a girl, so this wont work
    maybe the field could be this champs ult?