Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Cynthia, The Dimensional Traveler

Level
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 2
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by TangAce View Post
    It can explain why she is able to teleport
    what about her ult?
    we need cool names for her kit
    and a title

I don't think adding a bonus to the recall would be good, I mean her kit sounds already pretty op

are there stuff I need to change in the kit? maybe reduce the close range damage? isn't two tp charges too much?
    Ultimate:
    Ult, wait .5s cast, LMB to get orb out to the target position, activate skill 2 to teleport to it and it explodes in your face dealing 500 damage to enemies within blast range.
    Repeat cycle from LMB until expired or cancelled.

Do I have it right? Seems like a lot of work.

I don't see her being able to fend off flankers as well as the other damagers can.
    The orb may not be in a desirable spot to teleport to or even deployed at all.
    Now if the teleport was changed to teleport to the last furthest position I might think differently.
    I know, I know, I'm changing it.

"isn't two tp charges too much?" probably.

Level
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 57
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyOoker View Post
    Ultimate:
    Ult, wait .5s cast, LMB to get orb out to the target position, activate skill 2 to teleport to it and it explodes in your face dealing 500 damage to enemies within blast range.
    Repeat cycle from LMB until expired or cancelled.

Do I have it right? Seems like a lot of work.

I don't see her being able to fend off flankers as well as the other damagers can.
    The orb may not be in a desirable spot to teleport to or even deployed at all.
    Now if the teleport was changed to teleport to the last furthest position I might think differently.
    I know, I know, I'm changing it.

"isn't two tp charges too much?" probably.
    yeah that's right, seems fine for an ult, but like you can also use it to go high in the air, like the orb travels faster and you can tp at any time, just spam lmb and tp in the air multiplae times, you can travel insane distances^^' it seemed very cool to do in my mind

I like how it's an ult you need to think about before using it, not just some random ancient rage cuz u are low hp lmao
    well her dps at close range would be really high, so she can be able to kill flanks, and the tp can give a bit of mobility

and nah I want the tp to be like this, either you use it offensively to try finish a kill, or you don't deal damage and use it to go away, also it would allow for some pretty nice combos

2 charges is probably too much, I'll change it to 1 with a lower cd

Level
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by TangAce View Post
    yeah that's right, seems fine for an ult, but like you can also use it to go high in the air, like the orb travels faster and you can tp at any time, just spam lmb and tp in the air multiplae times, you can travel insane distances^^' it seemed very cool to do in my mind

I like how it's an ult you need to think about before using it, not just some random ancient rage cuz u are low hp lmao
    well her dps at close range would be really high, so she can be able to kill flanks, and the tp can give a bit of mobility

and nah I want the tp to be like this, either you use it offensively to try finish a kill, or you don't deal damage and use it to go away, also it would allow for some pretty nice combos

2 charges is probably too much, I'll change it to 1 with a lower cd
    Well if it ever becomes a reality I guess we'll have to see how well it works. Speaking of and since I'm new here, have any community ideas become a reality?

The overall dps potential is high but spread out over multiple targets. In a 1v1 I think you are in trouble. I mean how fast can a person reasonably perform the operations to kill a 2000 health flanker. Just trying to get some sort of survival mechanism in there. Cassie has dodge roll... etc. The ult as designed can't be used for this due to the cast time - unless you already have it activated of course..

Level
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 44
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Well if it ever becomes a reality I guess we'll have to see how well it works. Speaking of and since I'm new here, have any community ideas become a reality?
    Trainmaggedon gou got a cameo but I think that's it (besides the community skin contest)
    #make-ash-angry-again!
    ign:koopa
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallachia View Post
    Oh hai <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Borvik View Post
    just imagine buck in a speedo...
    if you have a bug, please click
    -->here<--
    if you need to vent, check out this months rage thread (July) by clicking
    -->here<--

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 3

The overall dps potential is high but spread out over multiple targets. In a 1v1 I think you are in trouble. I mean how fast can a person reasonably perform the operations to kill a 2000 health flanker. Just trying to get some sort of survival mechanism in there. Cassie has dodge roll... etc. The ult as designed can't be used for this due to the cast time - unless you already have it activated of course..
    the teleport gives some survavibility, and some other champs are also weak to flanks, plus she's meant to be hard to play :P also at close range the dps on a single target is high, she's not defenseless

I think I'll start writing down cards ideas

and hum so far beside community skins there isn't much, but one can hope x) I think some community ideas were used for some champs (atlas for exemple I remember seing some stuff with similar mechanics here)

trainmaggedon is so not fitting the game

one problem with community creations is that often they aren't thought well, are unbalanced or too weird to implement (for exemple many people still come up with ideas for a melee flank, even if it's not impossible to create, it would take a damn lots of work and balance) (or like the skadrin warlock or something, seemed so weird, and complicated, and like most of terkon's idea, they look nice with lore and stuff but often the reflexion around base kit talents and cards isn't done entirely, missing cds, missing stats, stuff that would be impossible to implement, broken or useless skills, and so on) (or like the thing, I think it was you, someone linked here days ago that was very weird and creepy xD)(I remember few weeks ago someone posted something, the ult was basically a free penta) also lots of these comes from new players so it doesn't help
    note that I'm not saying all of these is bad, just it's not finished nor thought well, always creative and some could be something (and I also think it's better to push one idea forward and be dedicated to it rather than creating other stuffs that will never be finished)

and here I'm not simply presenting something I came up with, I'm discussing it with others, modifying it, to create something good balanced and original and that fits the game (seriously I didn't even had a name lmao)
    of course I don't think it'll ever be in the game, but it's fun to do and one can still dream to see it in game xD

anyway, anyone got names ideas for her different skills? and for a title?
    Last edited by TangAce; 05-08-2019 at 03:59 PM.

Level
    Achievements:
    I was hoping others would add their 2c cause frankly I suck at this.
    For what it's worth some name ideas.

LMB: Shred or Moon Shot (moon obsession again)
    RMB: Backslam
    Skill#1: Quake - maybe the ground shakes when activated?
    Skill#2: Traverse
    Ult: Seismic Blast
    Talent#1: Erruptor
    Talent#2: Accelerant
    Talent#3: Concussion

Level
    Achievements:
    I wasn't here for some time and I'm not even playing for now cause my internet sucks and hirez did very bad lately also

But I modified the names, maybe you can find something better tho
    I added some lore too
    It's not much but it's a start

would be so good to have some other feedbacks and ideas

Level
    Achievements:
    Backtravel - Makes it sound like you are moving. I guess you didn't like Back Slam. How about BackBuster? If an enemy is looking at you it's going to hit him in the back.

Destroy - Awe, no Quake. Splatter? Wallop?

Talents:
    Destroying Traverse - Roving Wrecker?
    Explosive Dance - Dance Bomb? Dance Burst?
    Growing Power - Multiplicity? Power Factor? Scalar Doom?
    Last edited by DaddyOoker; 05-31-2019 at 08:08 AM.

Level
    Achievements:
    Backtravel - Makes it sound like you are moving. I guess you didn't like Back Slam. How about BackBuster? If an enemy is looking at you it's going to hit him in the back.

Destroy - Awe, no Quake. Splatter? Wallop?

Talents:
    Destroying Traverse - Roving Wrecker?
    Explosive Dance - Dance Bomb? Dance Burst?
    Growing Power - Multiplicity? Power Factor? Scalar Doom?
    yeah I didn't like it, backbuster is way better, i'll pu that
    I liked destroy cause the orb is destroyed in the process
    I kinda like the talents' current names

any new ideas about the lore?

damn am so happy this finally looks like something good

Level
    Achievements:
    I'm no writer (NO WAY) but here goes nuttin - trying to build on what you wrote.

Cynthia, an only child was bullied by everyone during her younger years. Consequently she became shy, reserved and a bit vengeful. Due to an accident with Atlas weapon testing she ended up with an orb that exists across multiple dimensions that only she is able to control. Cynthia discovered that the orb causes destruction to any living thing that it passes through. She also learned that the orb allows her to travel from a dimension to another. As Cynthia grew older she started to realize that she she wanted to increase her potential use of the orb's power. She became an apprentice in the capital before the magistrate split up with the paladins. Now, when necessary, she fights alone against the magistrate and the paladins.