Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Cynthia, The Dimensional Traveler

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Just for the sake of info, "Vidula" has a very, very, VERY bad sound in my language, that rhyme with a very, very, VERY bad thing. ^^'
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

#AggressiveSupports
    I'm tired of repeating the same things, watch this: link

"It's just Casual/ Go Ranked if you want a decent team/You are low tier, so you're bad." Rage

Level
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    LOL. Yeah, there's always a risk of that problem with this stuff.

Level
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 114
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyOoker View Post
    "orb goes trough enemies, and stays where it is until it is called back"
    I think this should have a time limit of how long it can stay out there - maybe 3 seconds base - maybe a card can extend the time.

Third talent seems a bit much - potential of 4000 damage. The base damage if you hit all five is 2500
    Alternative methods: (Notice I made it so the first hit is the same as normal)
    400 + (100*Enemy#) = 3500 max
    or 400 + (100*min(Enemy#,3)) = 3200 max - bonus damage gets limited to 300 at enemy 3+
    or 425 + (75*Enemy#) = max 3250

Curious of this scenario - if you throw the orb out, it goes out past Atlas. Atlas puts up the stasis field. You call it back where the path back would take it thru the field. What happens when it tries to go thru the field? Remember you said it's a projectile - which should not be allowed thru the field. same goes for regular shields.
    No need for a time limit as it is your only source of damage, so if you let it be there...you become useless as all the kit is based around it

It would be super hard to hit all 5, it's like presence, if you hit all five it's a bunch of damage (and presence is hitscan) this is a projectile, but a limit can be implemented of course

whenever the orb is destroyed, field or shield, it triggers an explosion (it will damage the shield and everything near the shield (on one side only obviously) for 500, of course it can't damage the field nor term shield, but i feel this is good mechanic, kinda natural counter to term and atlas (of course it doesn't go trough shields, when it hits one the orb explode) maybe the explosion size would be reduced

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkure View Post
    Just for the sake of info, "Vidula" has a very, very, VERY bad sound in my language, that rhyme with a very, very, VERY bad thing. ^^'
    oh well we can find other names

Level
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by TangAce View Post
    No need for a time limit as it is your only source of damage, so if you let it be there...you become useless as all the kit is based around it

It would be super hard to hit all 5, it's like presence, if you hit all five it's a bunch of damage (and presence is hitscan) this is a projectile, but a limit can be implemented of course

whenever the orb is destroyed, field or shield, it triggers an explosion (it will damage the shield and everything near the shield (on one side only obviously) for 500, of course it can't damage the field nor term shield, but i feel this is good mechanic, kinda natural counter to term and atlas (of course it doesn't go trough shields, when it hits one the orb explode) maybe the explosion size would be reduced
    Unless I'm not understanding something, you could let that ORB sit out there somewhere and wait for the opportune moment. Basically waiting for x enemies to line up then recall - hit x enemies instantly - almost a Jenos Ult (lower dmg of course).

This orb can do damage both directions right? Technically, those damage numbers have the potential to be double what I calculated. Without seeing this in action we really don't know how difficult it is - it sounds tough in theory but is it? I suppose it depends on how responsive the orb is to control input along with the size of the orb.

It explodes then re-emerges back to your hand - OK, that works.

Level
    Achievements:
    Unless I'm not understanding something, you could let that ORB sit out there somewhere and wait for the opportune moment. Basically waiting for x enemies to line up then recall - hit x enemies instantly - almost a Jenos Ult (lower dmg of course).

This orb can do damage both directions right? Technically, those damage numbers have the potential to be double what I calculated. Without seeing this in action we really don't know how difficult it is - it sounds tough in theory but is it? I suppose it depends on how responsive the orb is to control input along with the size of the orb.

It explodes then re-emerges back to your hand - OK, that works.

the orb is only 500 damage per person, and yes you can wait, but while you are waiting you ain't doing anything at all, so basically your team is in 4v5 situation, and if someone attacks you, you need the orb to defend yourself
    the orb travels fast so it would be hard to have precise control of it, like you can influence a bit where it goes but not so much, also when you call it back it goes in a straight line, and it's not instant as it have a flying time, I means it's like presence, technically you can hit 5 persons, but it never happens, also presence is 800-1200, orb is 500....if you see what i mean

I start to get some ideas about lore and character design, i'll write it later

Level
    Achievements:
    Some names in no particular order - still moon themed - obsession I guess.

Neoma
    Amaris
    Lucine
    Candra
    Deva
    Diana
    Zelenia
    Selena or Selene
    Cynthia or Sinthia

Level
    Achievements:
    Some names in no particular order - still moon themed - obsession I guess.

Neoma
    Amaris
    Lucine
    Candra
    Deva
    Diana
    Zelenia
    Selena or Selene
    Cynthia or Sinthia
    I had a very weird idea about her and her orb being in 2 dimensions at the same time (or at least the orb)
    like it would explain how the orb recreates itself, it explode in one dimension it's still there in the other and so can't disappear from the first one, something like that
    the reason could come from atlas gun (you know the ult banishing people)

I like cynthia by the way

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by TangAce View Post
    I had a very weird idea about her and her orb being in 2 dimensions at the same time (or at least the orb)
    like it would explain how the orb recreates itself, it explode in one dimension it's still there in the other and so can't disappear from the first one, something like that
    the reason could come from atlas gun (you know the ult banishing people)

I like cynthia by the way
    That would explain it's ability to pass thru walls etc.

Something along these lines:
    The orb is normally semi solid and also while going out which explains why it can't go thru walls and deals damage as it passes thru enemies. During the recall the orb changes to the alternate state which allows it to pass thru walls/objects.

Hmm. in addition something like this:
    During the recall, she changes to the alternate state herself and is able to go thru walls and such for 1.5 second. Might be OP plus the implementation issues. Alternative idea, during a recall she changes to the alternate state and is able to move x% faster or able to jump X% higher for 1.5 second.

Cynthia - until someone says it sounds like something bad

Level
    Achievements:
    That would explain it's ability to pass thru walls etc.

Something along these lines:
    The orb is normally semi solid and also while going out which explains why it can't go thru walls and deals damage as it passes thru enemies. During the recall the orb changes to the alternate state which allows it to pass thru walls/objects.

Hmm. in addition something like this:
    During the recall, she changes to the alternate state herself and is able to go thru walls and such for 1.5 second. Might be OP plus the implementation issues. Alternative idea, during a recall she changes to the alternate state and is able to move x% faster or able to jump X% higher for 1.5 second.

Cynthia - until someone says it sounds like something bad
    It can explain why she is able to teleport
    what about her ult?
    we need cool names for her kit
    and a title

I don't think adding a bonus to the recall would be good, I mean her kit sounds already pretty op

are there stuff I need to change in the kit? maybe reduce the close range damage? isn't two tp charges too much?