Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Resillance

Beta Player Marquess KicsitCsicska's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 1 year registered Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points

Exclamation Resillance

It's worth to buy resillance even against 1 enemy who has CC, because this item is cheap, it it counters CC 100% sure, not like Illuminate or Cauterize which items also needs a decent play to use their bonuses well. Use not many just medium amount of CC even don't worth, because the enemy team just buy this item. But mainly its uncounterableness (is it a correct word?) is the reason why I suggest to nerf this item's bonus from 30%/lvl to 25%/lvl.
    Its max lvl isn't hard to buy and it just counters all CC all the time even without take care of them. CC is a secure of kill, so counter it(,) is a big deal. Nerf Resillance could restore the authority of some champions and talents, like Ash, Pip and Seris' Agony...
    Thanks for reading my post!

Beta Player Grand Prince MrsCrii's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 260
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 2
    You're looking at it wrong. Resilience IS the counter to CC abilities. And it doesn't even counter all of them, area effect ones like Ice Storm still affect you. It would take 100% CC immunity to counter those and you can't get that in an item.

There is a lot of CC in this game, a counter is necessary.

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 1 year registered Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points
    Yes, it doesn't counter area effects, but there are many other CCs, what secur kills easily. It's worth to buy Resillance even just against a heal Damba or Jenos.

90% counter is makes the CC trash in each situations, you have no chanse to do it effectively against the enemy. This is just an easy and dumb way to get away from many CC.

Beta Player Viscount
    Level
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 1 year registered 10000 Experience Points
    Resilience is one of those items where just because it's cheap, doesn't always mean it's worth it, or that it's the best choice for that situation. If we've just started a game:

I'm a tank
    The other team has BK (cc), Drogoz(cc), Imani(cc), Ashe(cc), Furia(cc).

I'm VERY likely to pick up Resilience. Mostly for the stuns, knock back doesn't ever bother me too much.

But now if I buy Resilience right from the get go you have to account for what exactly I'm missing out on because of that and what the other team has in their favor:
    -I scarified 30% Caut
    -I cannot buy Resilience AND another high priority item (Caut, Rejuv, Blast shields, ect)
    -They have Caut, possibly Rejuv, and their CC still has major influence despite the 30% reduction.

So in this case, even with their entire team having some sort of CC, we can see how the balancing really works here with Resilience. 30% May be a hefty deduction, but you are giving up (Or postponing) some vital benefits for it.

You most likely want to get Resilience 2 at least by mid game, and thats going to run 750 credits which is going to really hold you back from getting caut 3, or something else by late game or before the other team has a upperhand in other areas.
    My concept for a ninja female flank

Join my discord? We have about 20 people right now, find games with other people, and have fun!

Level
    Achievements:
    I also think that Rejuvenate and mostly Cauterize are OP. Resillance isn't good for a firstpick for tanks, because they need those two items the most. But a little bit later buy Resillance can save your life many times.

Beta Player Viscount
    Level
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 1 year registered 10000 Experience Points
    I think I understand where you are coming from in that respect. Not only os resilience cheaper, but in terms of its effects 90% reduction is pretty high tier considering its 250,500,750.. Tier 3 cost 1.5k total.. But something like caut is 300,600,900.

I think resilience could use a small boost in price. Maybe 275, 525, 775. But you do give up ALOT of options to gain that CC immunity. And there is SO much CC in-game now that we cant say it's something that hardly gets picked up anymore.

I think it should get nerfed in that it applies to ults like Seris ult or Pip ult, even Khans grab duration.

OP? I don't really think anything in the shops can be OP since everyone has the opportunity to have the same choices. Its not OP if it can be counteres, which resilience counters itself by giving up so much offensive and defensive benefits.
    My concept for a ninja female flank

Join my discord? We have about 20 people right now, find games with other people, and have fun!

Member Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 13
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    when i use max 3 resilience on the old patch it took 1s or lower but on today patch the resilience didn't reduce the pip chicken ult what just happend even the stun randomly stun even on max resilience normally rather reduce stun effect.

Beta Player Grand Prince M3RC3N4RI0's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 199
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 5000 Experience Points Forum Tier 3 1 year registered
    For tanks resilience is a great pick but flanks and damage are not so often hit by CC so caut or haven or nimble might be worth more. At least on lower ranks it's not like everyone buys Resilience. Aggressive picks like caut and life drain are often preferred.

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points
    Caut and Resi are OP and really need to be toned down! Both are negatively affecting this game as they are Hard Counters in an item shop that requires Zero Skill to utilize! This fact makes it a convienience shop and not a REMOVE SUPPORTS and REMOVE CROWD CONTROL option like it currently is!

Beta Player Grand Prince MrsCrii's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 260
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolaboy View Post
    Caut and Resi are OP and really need to be toned down! Both are negatively affecting this game as they are Hard Counters in an item shop that requires Zero Skill to utilize! This fact makes it a convienience shop and not a REMOVE SUPPORTS and REMOVE CROWD CONTROL option like it currently is!
    Resilliance at it's current level is absolutely necessary. Any significant reduction in strength would make CC far too powerful. Whichever team that has the best CC would win.