Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: How to deal with 2-3 flankers on the enemy team

Level
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 26
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    ah yeah of course if the DD in you team are tyra and viktor there isn't much you can do about it
    but many DD destroy flanks in a 1v1 situation, also if they ain't stupid it would be 2v1 since the support will help the DD and vice versa
    lian cassie imani bk shalin and even vivian are capable of destroying flanks in 1v1 (for vivian it kinda depends which flank but still) and a good strix or nessa should also be able to do it
    flanks are in a bad spot in this meta (except zhin i'd say) cause they often end up in a 1v2 situation (thanks to like you said tanks only capping...) at best it's 1v2 but sometimes there is the enemy tank being free and chasing you or the enemy flank waiting for you

so i don't know how it is at lower level, but in higher level playing flank isn't easy

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by TangAce View Post
    also if they ain't stupid
    Ahem…
    Please, don’t count on that. On whatever tier, general player IS stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by schachmaty View Post
    I oftentimes get the impression that flankers are just a better version of DD's, as they have more burst plus more mobility (except Skye and Moji, but Skye at least has extreme burst)
    That’s the problem. They have insane dps, with also self-heal, mobility, shields…
    That’s why they are actually broken (well, many of them). They require almost no skill and get great result. But pro players can… player base is 98% and more no made of pro players, so this argument is stupid.

Back to the topic, flankers should have great mobility and POOR DMG. Yes, there are DD for having great dmg but no mobility. Playing a flanker is incredibly forgiving nowadays, and they can also melt a tank in seconds.
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

#AggressiveSupports
    I'm tired of repeating the same things, watch this: link

"It's just Casual/ Go Ranked if you want a decent team/You are low tier, so you're bad." Rage

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 49
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 250 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkure View Post

Back to the topic, flankers should have great mobility and POOR DMG. Yes, there are DD for having great dmg but no mobility.
    Exactly, poor dmg but high mobility so they can chase and finish targets who are low, but not burst down any DD or support, who normally can't even run away from them cuz flankers have higher dmg plus higher mobility. In Casual where there normally is little to no communication with your teammates, teams with multiple flanks oftentimes just obliterate you. That's very noticeable when you're playing supports. Okay, I play Seris mostly, who at least has a great escape tool in her shadow travel plus a great loadout card (Fade to Black) so I can almost always have Shadow Travel up, but playing all the other supports as healers in solo queue casual is just a pain.

Beta Player Grand Prince M3RC3N4RI0's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 233
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 5000 Experience Points Forum Tier 3 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by schachmaty View Post
    Exactly, poor dmg but high mobility so they can chase and finish targets who are low, but not burst down any DD or support, who normally can't even run away from them cuz flankers have higher dmg plus higher mobility.
    Damage and flanks have similar damage. It's just more difficult to hit a target with higher mobility. The balancing is indeed done with pro gaming in mind and the ranked meta with double tanks. The 2nd tank which is a support tank usually can counter the flank.

Level
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 127
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1 year registered Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    As a tank player I find 2-3 flankers in casuals extremely annoying to deal with. Since it's usually single tank and the team doesn't communicate a lot, the tank usually has the choice of a) fighting the point or flanking while the own backline gets murdered or b) protect the backline and lose the point.

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    @Mercenario: if I remember correctly, HiRez said that all the burst meta shit has been done to AVOID double tank meta. I personally cannot understand their fixation. Apparently, 2 tanks is bad, 2 supports is bad, but 3 to 5 OP flankers running like crazy for the map with insane burst are ok.
    And yet, at that time, the game was full of players, while now they are probably going to add even smartphone in cross platform to gain a couple of more players.
    I've finally found it!

#AggressiveSupports

"It's just Casual/ Go Ranked if you want a decent team/You are low tier, so you're bad." Rage

Beta Player Count TheMasterSlayer's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 64
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Just hide in spawn and let them win
    Viva la Resistance

YingTheDestroyer

#SupportYourSupports

>>>Click Me!<<<

Beta Player Grand Prince M3RC3N4RI0's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 233
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 5000 Experience Points Forum Tier 3 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkure View Post
    @Mercenario: if I remember correctly, HiRez said that all the burst meta shit has been done to AVOID double tank meta. I personally cannot understand their fixation. Apparently, 2 tanks is bad, 2 supports is bad, but 3 to 5 OP flankers running like crazy for the map with insane burst are ok.
    They only seem to care for ranked meta. And for tanks the burst meta is a smaller problem than for other classes, since a 2K burst against a 5K HP tank is not as effective as against a 2K HP healer/damage/flank. Usually a DD class does 2-3K damage burst and then they have to reload. The tank runs or shields up and gets healed. With a strong tank like Terminus, Inara or even Nando it's not so hard to stay alive as long as the heals are coming in. Earthen guard reduces a 2K burst into a measly 1K. The crippling warder can prevent flanks to chase Inara. The wall can buy time. The strong frontline tanks have ways to defend against the burst damage. The support tanks are more vulnerable against burst damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebboosmum View Post
    As a tank player I find 2-3 flankers in casuals extremely annoying to deal with. Since it's usually single tank and the team doesn't communicate a lot, the tank usually has the choice of a) fighting the point or flanking while the own backline gets murdered or b) protect the backline and lose the point.
    The problem is usually that the 1 flank in the own team tries to flank against the 3 flanks in the other team. Most players don't adapt to unusual team compositions but simply rush forward as usual.

Level
    Achievements:
    I play with a shabby (!) team and I can assure you that our tank main screams in panic every time he sees a Debilitate Skye in enemy team. We ended up banning Skye whenever we can.
    And even if tanks are not so affected, a super burst can destroy a team. Yesterday I was playing with a pro. I was Jenos, he was Lian, enemies had a Talus. I've asked for help many times: Talus was chasing me, I was void gripping him, but we all know that void grip is quite useless, since Jenos can't even take cover during it.
    The pro player (aka: someone with insane aim and game sense) told me: "I need more than 2 sec to kill him and in that time, he has already killed you, so I can't defend you from Talus".
    Now, focus on that: a pro player wasn't unable to defend me from a normal Talus. Once I was dead, the whole team followed me.
    The point is not "burst dmg flanks are not a problem for tanks (thing I disagree, by the way), so it's not a big deal", the point is that burst dmg is wrong for it's not balanced (I would not even start speaking about boredom of this game): it is not as if EVERYONE had burst dmg, so the better player wins. Only few champs have burst dmg and whoever else is doomed by the start.
    Sure, you can kill Talus. But only after he had killed 1 or 2 of your team, even if the only thing he was going was charging full head in the middle of my whole team.
    So, no skill, high reward, just for burst dmg. Is it balanced this? I think it's not.

Add to that that, except if you're a certain support, you can't self heal better than the OP flanks, so...
    I've finally found it!

#AggressiveSupports

Level
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Tagger Second Class
    Wait until you get sandwiched by 2 flanks, and when they move to execute you, duck!
    #make-ash-angry-again