Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Suggestion from a Zhin main to make the nerf far more bearable.

So, I understand that people don't like Zhin, and a lot of people's rationale for agreeing with the nerf is based on this.
    The issue you are all having with Zhin is not going to be solved by this. Zhin's issue is Yomi and hideout. 2.5s is not too long for the ability to last. I understand that many of you are frustrated with the seemingly "invincible" state that Zhin is assuming. However, you also must understand that this skill has a 15 second cooldown, and is only lowered upon getting *kills*, with a certain loadout.
    I am in favor of a whirl build becoming something that is viable. However, the path we are going down is not what is actually happening. Every character's skill should be meaningful in some way. Zhin is having billow transformed from a useful ability into a conduit that he funnels cards into to make it do something. This is not healthy design for the character.

I believe that the game should be balanced at all levels of play. Zhin is currently a bit too strong at lower level, and this can be blamed on hideout and Yomi. If you want zhin to be a fair character, hideout should be reworked, as it is being reworked now. Billow should be left in a state where it has meaningful functionality, without making him able to get out of any situation for free, which you can do with hideout 5 in your loadout right now. This is also not healthy for him as a character, as it is something that is an outlier. Evie is the only character that comes close to Zhin's level of escape with a fully defensive loadout. This outlier is not because of the base duration. The base duration is fine. We should not be nerfing the base duration, but rather the card causing the problem.

So why is yomi a problem? Well, for starters, it goes against the design philosophy of a flank. A flank should primarily be focused on close-quarters combat, and yomi changes zhin from an exclusive medium to close range combat fighter to a long ranged combat fighter. Additionally, zhin can enter a fight with the third slash immediately, causing a disproportionately large burst of damage that other flanks cannot do. The piercing effect on yomi is causing this, and when angled properly, he can slice multiple heroes for outrageous amounts of damage before they have time to react. This is especially prominent in lower level games, where camera usage is far less refined.

If the development goal is to force Zhin into a yomi setup, and have billow become a skill that is not useful outside of what it generates due to card interactions, this is exactly what should be done. However, I do not think this is what the developers are aiming for. I hope that we can find a middle ground here that makes him more fair without completely destroying the functionality of billow.

I'd also like to note that the billow nerfs make yomi even more important, as he does not have a way of escaping from guillotine without putting himself in a very poor situation. I believe it should be possible to punish him out of spite, however, this greatly limits any viability of guillotine.

Beta Player Esquire soul19reaper's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 98
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Forum Tier 2 Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Hgresa View Post
    people crying about zhin's nerf, but somehow zhin is the only flank that can be played in ranked. all others just get destroyed by lian and bk combos. Not talking about casual and low ranks, all others flanks, especially zhin, can carry the game in low ranks/elo.
    You know the reason for this is zhin like lex is very low skill high reward champion his projectile huge hitbox is crutch for no brainers and his kit is fully noob friendly , champions like this should never be able to compete high skill even viktor and vivian requires tracking and positioning but zhin ........

Level
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 58
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    in my opinion the removal of the card is quite good, although i would have prefered base duration to stay at 2-2.5sec
    anyway i've always thought billow was way too long with the card, all this time in billow is a time where you can't do anything afterall
    it'll make zhin a bit more difficult to play which isn't bad considering how safe he is

Level
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 58
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    you are totally wrong about yomi btw, yomi is the only thing make zhin actually good, flanks may be intended to fight at closer range, but flanks have an other important thing to do and that is poking, a flank should poke while waiting an opportunity, and that is something zhin cannot do without yomi, remember also that yomi is only 900 damage every 3sec...if the team work properly i don't see how yomi is efficient at long range, yomi is just poking or finishing a kill trying to escape, which is exactly some use of flank champions

Member Knight
    Level
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 250 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester
    zhin is the most annoying champ to vs he got more escape skill that cant be stop his billow reset 100% card is so anoyying if he get a kills why cant this card got a cooldown like 10s cause i found zhin player keep spamming billow and kill and billow again its super annoying.