Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Card balances for Mal'Damba

Beta Player Count KicsitCsicska's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 6
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 1 year registered Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points

Card balances for Mal'Damba

Nerfs:

Eerie Presence: Its high level form makes it immediatly able to try again, so mending spirits becomes a low key skill. This card helps us too much, everybody use it on high level. It is an OP, obligatory card.
    Change: Reduce its bonus from 0.5s/lvl to 0.4s/lvl.

Swift Spirits: This card makes mending spirits alomst helps more with the speed buff for not-frontliners than the heal helps. It's also an obligatory card in Damba's kit.
    Change: Reduce the speed bonus from 7%/lvl to 5%/lvl.

Possession: The 3rd most-pick card. Its DR defends direct and blast damage too, always works in practice, becuase damba always use mending spirits. Cards should be weaker than items, but this card isnt worse than Haven or Blash shield.
    Change Reduce the DR from 4%/lvl to 3%/lvl.

Buffs:

Lighter Gourd: Put in the Gourd a little bit faster isnt a big deal. Even an immedite deploying wouldn't buff it so much... This kind of bonus won't be viable, so this card needs an other one:
    Flying Gourd: Hitting an enemy with Gourd deals {200|100} damage.
    The bonis is unlinear, because its don't worth to put the Gourd onto a bad place just for deal some damage.

Pungent Gourd: Pungent why heals you? It should disturb enemies, isn't it?
    Change: Standing on gourd slows enemies by {8|8}%.

Ritual Magic: It heals you 15/lvl. Jenos' same card heals 40/lvl. If I know well (and I wish), Ritual magic can effect multiply in a same time, because Damba can heal 2 allies with mending spirit in the same time.
    Change: Its bonus should be double as the current for make it useful compared by Jenos' selfheal card.

Venomous Gourd: It's lifesteal isn't seems to be bad, but it isn't good in practice, because Gourd is the best for frontliners, who deal low damage and usually deal no dmg while shielding/defending.
    Change: A little bit more more power could make this card cool, e.g. a {8|8}% efficiency.
    Last edited by KicsitCsicska; 06-03-2019 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Lighter Gourd has been reworked
    Thanks for reading my post!

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 1 year registered Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points
    Maybe too many area CC would be annoying, and I support to buff the supporters' dmg, so I rework this suggestion:
    Pungent Gourd: Gourd deals 20% more damage per level.

Not just Ritual Magic, but all of his other selfheal cards suck. His only vaible selfheal option is throwing his Gourd under himself...

Spirit's Touch: It's heal isn't useful. I suggest to double its bonus. It wouldn't be OP. Just for the comparison: Imani can reduce her Elemental shift's cd to 3s and its heal card heals her for 100/lvl. Gourd's cd can be reduced just to 7.5s, it deserves at least equal heals.

Sustenance isn't so bad, but it's still used only on casual matches in fun loadouts. He don't even has an as efficient selfheal as Pip has, but his heal booster card is weaker... I think their bonus should be swaped: Mal'Damba deserves the 10%/lvl and Pip deserves 8%/lvl, because Moxie is the only reason why his dmg style is so strong...

Member Esquire
    Level
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 250 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester
    Honestly I don't get why you want to change Damba. To me Damba is just one of the best designed supports in the game. He has always been among the best supports in the game due to his healing output, his CC and his decent sustain, while never being op. He requires skill if´you wanna carry with him, to land those stuns and time your Dread Serpents, make decisions who to heal with which healing ability. Playing Damba is really stressful imo, but still rewarding. And nerfing Eerie Presence is probably the last card I would ever consider nerfing. It doesn't make him op at all, it's just great to buff his consistency in healing. And imagine it's 3/3, you are in a clutch point fight and your teammate is moving quickly back and forth and just needs the heal. You just need to land your right click. On Seris or Jenos you will always land your right click, so it's perfectly fine for Damba to get such a consistency card imo.

Level
    Achievements:
    I want to change his card, because these are unbalanced. Some of them are OP, some other are just weak.
    E.g. Eerie Presence garants him much more heals, even pro aimer players use this card. It's even better for the average players.
    He has good dmg style as well. It doesn't means that his viable card kit is conatins 16 cards. It should contain 16 cards, this is why he has 16 cards. His healer style is clearly stronger just because all of his OP cards are about Mending Spirit.
    All of his selfheal cards are useless too.

Level
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 21
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by KicsitCsicska View Post
    Nerfs:

Eerie Presence: Its high level form makes it immediatly able to try again, so mending spirits becomes a low key skill. This card helps us too much, everybody use it on high level. It is an OP, obligatory card.
    Change: Reduce its bonus from 0.5s/lvl to 0.4s/lvl.
    I don't consider it op, to be honest. Mending spirits is a high skill ability that requires good aim to land and if you don't have a minimum of good aim with mal'damba this card is 100% useless and instead of mending spirits, after 3-4 tries, you end up throwing the gourd at the team. Also, this card only activates when you miss. Meanwhile, we have cards like seris' soul forge that allows her to heal every 1'5 seconds to the whole team (healing one more than the others) and that cooldown is reduced whether she misses or not, although missing a healing with seris is quite difficult. I am not saying we should nerf seris, but it is unfair for mal'damba to ask for this nerf

Swift Spirits: This card makes mending spirits alomst helps more with the speed buff for not-frontliners than the heal helps. It's also an obligatory card in Damba's kit.
    Change: Reduce the speed bonus from 7%/lvl to 5%/lvl.
    Please, no more mobility nerfs, not more

Possession: The 3rd most-pick card. Its DR defends direct and blast damage too, always works in practice, becuase damba always use mending spirits. Cards should be weaker than items, but this card isnt worse than Haven or Blash shield.
    Change Reduce the DR from 4%/lvl to 3%/lvl.
    Why nerf his survavility? As I said, landing his rmb is not as easy so possession isn't too much of a problem, in my opinion

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by marantzz View Post
    I don't consider it op, to be honest. Mending spirits is a high skill ability that requires good aim to land and if you don't have a minimum of good aim with mal'damba this card is 100% useless and instead of mending spirits, after 3-4 tries, you end up throwing the gourd at the team. Also, this card only activates when you miss. Meanwhile, we have cards like seris' soul forge that allows her to heal every 1'5 seconds to the whole team (healing one more than the others) and that cooldown is reduced whether she misses or not, although missing a healing with seris is quite difficult. I am not saying we should nerf seris, but it is unfair for mal'damba to ask for this nerf
    Even good aimer, pro players use this card, it's never useless. But always OP.

Please, no more mobility nerfs, not more
    It is a card nerf, not a general kit mobility nerf. This card is OP, buffs everyones speed so effectively all the time.

Why nerf his survavility? As I said, landing his rmb is not as easy so possession isn't too much of a problem, in my opinion
    Why is it nerf his suvibility? It is just a card. He doesn't have to use it. Except if it's OP. Then the OP card should be nerfed.

Member Esquire
    Level
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 250 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester
    Do you wanna balance him or do you wanna make him useless?
    Nerfing his healing consistency, nerfing the speed boost, nerfing the self-sustain.
    Dude, he is a support, he should SUPPORT his team by giving it a speed boost, by healing it. And staying alive as a support is very important (Grover has DR after using blossom, Seris has Blood Pact and Shadow Travel, Jenos has relativity and decent mobility and the ability to heal through walls, Furia has Burning Oath). Every support needs a self-sustain card.

Level
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 21
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Even good aimer, pro players use this card, it's never useless. But always OP.
    To be honest, I don't care about what pro players use but it actually proves my point if they actually use it: it helps for when you miss the rmb because it isn't easy to land (if pro players use it, it means that even if they have good aim, they miss damba's rmb, right? Meaning it's hard to land). As I said before (for the reasons I gave) I don't consider it op

It is a card nerf, not a general kit mobility nerf. This card is OP, buffs everyones speed so effectively all the time.
    It doesn't matter that it is a card nerf instead of a general kit mobility nerf, it's still a mobility nerf. I don't consider it op because hitting rmb requires good aim and I don't really see it's such a big speed buff

Why is it nerf his suvibility? It is just a card. He doesn't have to use it. Except if it's OP. Then the OP card should be nerfed.
    "It's just a card". Well, this is what paladins is about: loadouts that have cards that can increase some champ survavility, so nerfing a dmg reduction card is considered nerfing his survavility

Level
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 377
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 Forum Tier 2 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Considering that Damba doesn't perform as well as other supports right now, at least according to stats, I really don't think he needs any nerfs to cards. Damba already takes quite a bit of skill to play, and is one of the more balanced support champions in the game currently.

In theory, nerfing his cards doesn't actively nerf Damba as a whole. However, he is rather dependent upon his loadouts when you compare him to other champions. The same goes to a character like Pip. Regardless, if you were to nerf his cards, you are really gonna make him lacking. Those 3 cards are used as whole lot for good reason too, as they make Damba more versatile, and Eerie presence makes him able to actually heal without getting punished for simply missing, especially since his heal is a single target. If it actually healed everyone, that'd be a different story.
    Protect your supports please... They want support too!
    Support main/Pip main. Greatest healing: 230,070 | Current goal: 200,000 achieved! Take a look at it! Woohoo!

Just a silly idea

Support Pip guide here!

Fix the Pip bugs! There are 40 of them, so can we fix them please?

Level
    Achievements:
    You know, card nerf nerfs the champion ONLY if the card is OP. The OP cards should be nerfed and the underpowered ones should be buffed to be viable. This second change isn't buff the champion at all just increase the viable playstyles. So yes, he needs some general buffs too, because we don't want to nerf him in general.
    I already suggested to add the current Wekono's Curse into his base kit, and buff this talent. It could help him a lot, and a multifunctioned skill could make him even more complex