Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Illuminate In a General Sense. Negatively Affecting Gameplay?

Beta Player Esquire
    Level
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1 year registered Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    you forget that skye will be nerfed wih deliberate. Another 2 ultimate skills are idiots so i haven't see anyone use them so u need to be close all time. And u telling that u need to be skye in front of u - yea but urn around in 360 is not so hard so u can see her almost all time.

Beta Player Count
    Level
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 13
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    This Thread:
    People who play Skye as Flank vs the people who know she is a Damage.

Skye has one of the most abusive stealth moves in the game due to their duration and uptime, a skye can be invisible for ages.

If Illuminate was expensive it would force me to play more reveal champs and focus down anyone who aims to use stealth vs my team.

Seriously, if I get three skye games in a row or a skye in ranked, I'm going tyra, where my team do not need buy illuminate to end a skye, we have other options.

Another point is that flankers are not all close quarters brawlers, each as their own pros and cons, and team fight dynamics. If one person says, ayy illuminate shuts down my Skye game, try playing with your team and shut down aggressors who walk into to death instead of seeking it trying to get a (VERY EASY) M2+W+M1 combo in close quarters.

Another point is yes, Skye inhand attack is bloody retarded for her kit IMO.
    Consider that it is an smg when we have 2 other flankers with smg type fire arms.
    This weapon makes it totally infuiating to play Skye in my eyes as it makes the trades to long, you have to lock onto a foe and persist to do damage with no fall back move.

Honestly If she has more of a ranged attack that enabled skye to play at a distance, you are looking at a scary flank who can flank with a crossfire and some well placed shots over the spray and pray suppression that your poison already provides.

Beta Player Viscount
    Level
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 78
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkure View Post
    Yep. And the funny part is that Illuminate is bugged, so 2 times every 5, even with Illuminate at 3, I can’t see Skye standing half a meter from me. :-/
    I think Illuminate is ok as it is. For example:
    Shalin: you need Illuminate AND Resilience to deal with him. Haven is a useful extra.
    Strix: Illuminate AND Resilience (for the ulti). Haven is a useful extra.
    Seris: who the hell buy Illuminate for Seris?
    Skye: You need Illuminate, you need Haven at 3 and Cauterize, and whatever green item, and you are STILL dying to her.

#RemoveDebilitate.
    Amen.
    I play skye a lot. I always pick illuminate vs sha/strix and I have never once had it bug. I can ALWAYS see them and I have not had any issues with people not being able to see me either if I know they have illuminate they see me.

I dunno what this illuminate bug is you keep talking about, but I don't see anyone else talking about it.

You are probably confused about the old smoke bomb and havn't played Skye in ages. The old smoke bomb illuminate only worked if both players were standing inside the smoke bomb which made sense.

The new smoke bomb it works on fine and it is way less confusing for players how it works.

- Sha Lin, you only need illuminate if you dont have 1 of 14 players that can reveal him during his Ultimate. Otherwise you dont really need it. Stacks of players can still hit him with all sorts of stuff even if they cant see him. But it is nice to have.

- Strix, need it even less than vs sha lin but flanker vs strix it might give him a free shot on you.

- Seris, you technically dont need it for her either especially if you have enough speed to stay on top of her or you just use sound to find her. I have on occasion used it for killing her, but again it's not really needed.

-Skye, illuminate cuts her effectiveness in half. Illuminate 1 is not that bad. Illuminate 2 is tricky. Means she is visible always. Thing is to effect her badly 2 players need it.

It is so cheap that most players rarely fill all for slots they are fine with spending such a small amount on at least level 1 illuminate.

Basically illuminate might help you get 2 or 3 kills on strix/sha lin. WHere as it will help you many times vs skye. It will stop her approach.

Yes she might kill her target but then she is dead that is how skye works. It is certainly not OP compared to andro and other flanks with insane mobility.

Vs good player skye sucks. Vs bad players she can dominate.

They should just remove it from the game and actually force people to counter pick vs skye rather than just picking strong picks always and wrecking her.

Skye has one of the weakest ultimates in the game. Even mid level players can easily avoid it.

It would be slightly better if the payload didn't block it. As it is, it needs 1 second less fuse time. Even then most characters can avoid it.
    Last edited by EvilMonkeyTurds; 05-11-2019 at 01:18 AM.

Beta Player Viscount
    Level
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 78
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by AyyDimitri View Post
    This Thread:
    People who play Skye as Flank vs the people who know she is a Damage.

Skye has one of the most abusive stealth moves in the game due to their duration and uptime, a skye can be invisible for ages.
    She gets stealth once every 15 seconds and must break stealth to do it. How is it abusive when it can be fully countered after pretty much after one payload cap. Also 12+ characters can negate her steatlh. It only last 7.5 seconds, which is barely enough time to close the gap on someone like strix who can reveal you.

Another characters like androx/zhin can move 4x the distance skye can in the same duration, maybe further and still have 2-3 escapes.

Smoke bomb is very short you can still be randomly shot. Skye is not a damage because while she can say do sniping with poison bolts, you will end up with 1/3 of the damage that an actual damage player can do during a game. For example strix can do 1200 damge every second and skye will do that every 4 seconds IF he lands all three. Those bolts can be cleansed with stacks of abilities such as billow, and maldumba's dash. And can be healed pretty easily.

Damage players basically spam shots constantly. Skye cant do this. She has to hide and pick my moments to attack and go all out to get the kill. When she attacks she does very very high damage. She is effective against half of the tanks but also attacking the tank is very risky.
    [/QUOTE]

Everything else you said makes sense really. I like how she has to get close. I just dont like how she only has one decent escape and you have to use it to engage most of the time.

I think she needs a small dash every time she stealths, and some way to get up to higher places easily like all other flanks have.

Beta Player Sovereign Prince Shadowpuppy's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 43
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Illuminate is fine, skye is not all stealth, if. your playing her that way you are not very good at her. The key to being good with her is movment speed. If you stack victory rush and nimble you run so fast you can escape thier illiminate range quickly.

Stealth is not for sneaking as everyone can hear you.

Beta Player Sovereign Prince Shadowpuppy's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 43
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    actually exiting stealth is worse that juat not using it as the entire map can hear it and start looking for you.

A good use is to walk past a door way so people can see you and go invise as you do. Then just stop... they will assume you are contining and start to run to cut you off, the you come thought that door way and hammer the person left thier alone.... normally the healer.

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMonkeyTurds View Post
    I dunno what this illuminate bug is you keep talking about, but I don't see anyone else talking about it.
    Then you scan 1) follow our streaming, since, at random games, random guy is shouting Illuminate doesn't work, or you can 2) easily perform a forum search, since it has been reported for long (before people got tired of repeating the same things). You're welcome! ^^

However, since you keep writing stuff as if I had said Illuminate doesn't work on Skye alone, be happy that sometimes it bugs also against Shalin or Strix. They're half a meter from you and you still can't see them. Oh, you can check onto stream also that, thought you should watch all the videos, since I don't tag them according to the random bug occurring.

And to further investigate this problem, BF, who is a Shalin player, sometimes results always visible even when stealth, no matter what. Also this thing has been reported in the aforementioned bug threads. So, Illuminate can be broken in 2 ways: not working at all, or always working, even to those that have not bought it, when there's at least one enemy with it.

Yes she might kill her target but then she is dead that is how skye works. It is certainly not OP compared to andro and other flanks with insane mobility.
    I can learn to aim better, I can't learn to not dying in 1.8 sec due to insane burst. My personal ban list of hate: Zhin (because he's simply unkillable and you can't spend whole game avoiding him, going in 2 after him, or dying to him. When you need 2 to kill 1, it's unbalanced), Talus and Skye at the same level for the same reason: too much burst, no matter what, you cannot react fast enough to kill them, because they have TOO MUCH BURST. Maybe you can survive a Talus, but due to poison, you can die even after killing Skye. No, thanks.

Skye has one of the weakest ultimates in the game. Even mid level players can easily avoid it.
    :-D :-D :-D
    No.
    Add to that that, when enemies are busy escaping, she can focus one and kill him in less than 2 sec, for the usual burst.
    If you just consider "avoiding time", let's speak about Jenos. The only way a Jenos can get some good result is due to the lag of the player. Since my connection is good (about 40 ping), everyone can easily move.
    I've died many times for Jenos' ulti ONLY BECAUSE "step into" all dead. The Jenos player has high ping and we are killed even before we can hear the ultimate call.
    Oh, Skye's ulti icon indicator it's bugged! Since you would probably don't believe me, even here, you can check my older started thread: not only there's the bug report, but also a video that shows that I am escaping from the red area, entering yellow area and... the bomb was EXACTLY in the yellow.
    It hasn't been fixed yet. A couple of days ago, 3 people in my team died for this reason.
    In general, if you don't have the F ready, supports can't avoid it, for they are too slow. Ying surely can't.
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

#AggressiveSupports
    I'm tired of repeating the same things, watch this: link

"It's just Casual/ Go Ranked if you want a decent team/You are low tier, so you're bad." Rage