Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Where has everyone gone?

Member Esquire
    Level
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points Forum Tier 2

Where has everyone gone?

Is the player base shrinking in Paladins?

Anyone got any hard facts?

I'm finding it increasingly difficult to get games, in so far as queues are taking longer than I am used to in all game modes. Perhaps it's just a blip and statistically unsupported. Would be interested to see the data if it's out there.

Level
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    I think someone took just a break, waiting for game improvements, bug fixes and the release of the new patch.
    I'm pretty sure that with the release of Future's End, the number of online players will return to previous levels.
    Personally I have no problem to get matches (max 2-3 min.).
    Last edited by coremaxp1; 03-21-2019 at 03:42 AM.
    WEKONO'S CHOSEN

Level
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    I heard someone say the average players online on steam was lower than it had ever been... But like @core said I'm not having much trouble getting into games... It's just having problems winning therm with all the GMs and diamonds on the other team compared to mine... I play ranked every Friday evening all typically allsk Saturday, IE usually takes 3-5 mins to get a ranked game on Na servers

Level
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 126
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Tagger Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Koopakid View Post
    I heard someone say the average players online on steam was lower than it had ever been... But like @core said I'm not having much trouble getting into games... It's just having problems winning therm with all the GMs and diamonds on the other team compared to mine... I play ranked every Friday evening all typically allsk Saturday, IE usually takes 3-5 mins to get a ranked game on Na servers
    Ya that was me. You can see it here https://steamcharts.com/app/444090.

Of course this data is now incomplete because we have the option to play cross platform, but still a pretty good indicator.
    #make-ash-angry-again

Beta Player Esquire
    Level
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 84
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2 Closed Beta Tester
    queue for 5-10 mins, got the same peeps on ranked (sometimes on casual) like 3-5 times. Yea this game is pretty much dying.
    #buffevie

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class 25000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Maisora View Post
    queue for 5-10 mins, got the same peeps on ranked (sometimes on casual) like 3-5 times. Yea this game is pretty much dying.
    Prove it.

Just because you, or anyone else, who posts here to complain, does not mean a game is dying. I play with and against new players all the time. Though you may quit, another may join.
    The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

I play Paladins: Champions of the Realm on my hardwired and mic'd PlayStation 4.

We are the "balance".

Paladins Strike ID - ConradMax.

Realm Royale

"Thank you, Support!"

Support Ticket: https://www.hirezstudios.com/submit-support-ticket/

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Conrad, PLEASE, stop taking it personally, every damn time. The golden age of Paladins has finished long ago: analyzing the problem to try to find a solution is not bad, it’s a way for trying to revert the situation.

Yes, pc player base is shirking, and that’s one of the reason they’ve implement cross platform. As already shown in many other threads, with graphs and stats.
    Why players are leaving? I think 2 reasons.
    1) the trend of the moment is no more fps-moba, but battle royale kind of game
    2) veterans have left (and are still leaving) because there’s so much you can take before getting frustrated from MM, balance and bugs. Even I and 4 of my friends are considering leaving, because MM is so damn crazy lately, that we are unable to win a game (facing masters and grandmasters in every game, while we have random newbie).

My queue time is still around 1 min, that means console players have been added to the equation, even if we’ve set to opt-out from cross-play. And that’s another reason why people are leaving: if I don’t want cross-play, why are you forcing me on it?

General dissatisfaction.

Beta Player Esquire
    Level
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 84
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2 Closed Beta Tester
    welp my data aint sufficient. Then how about how active this official forum is? And oof, these things that they never fix obviously the main cause.
    frustrated from MM, balance and bugs
    #buffevie

Level
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Honestly I don't understand all this pessimism...
    They are working hard to improve and fix the game. We asked loudly to fix the game before to release new content. We should not be surprised by a decrease of the general interest during this period. It was inevitable.

I'm pretty sure the enthusiasm will return soon. Next week arrive the new patch, with a lot of bug fixes and improvements, a new champion, a new incredible battlepass, new amazing skins and much more.
    Other bug fixes and improvements are planned during all the year, along with incredible new content (new champions, new maps, new events, new skins and more...)
    Till they release new patches, the game will remain alive.
    Last edited by coremaxp1; 03-22-2019 at 07:44 AM.
    WEKONO'S CHOSEN

Level
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 126
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Tagger Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by coremaxp1 View Post
    Honestly I don't understand all this pessimism...
    They are working hard to improve and fix the game. We asked loudly to fix the game before to release new content. We should not be surprised by a decrease of the general interest during this period. It was inevitable.
    So I've been around the block a few times and I have to tell you, I think the love/hate with Paladins that it's fans have is kind of unique. I'd wager that a good deal of the pessimism and frustration actually stems from a love for this game lol. Lets face it, we really like Paladins right? I mean we're here talking about it.

But can you really blame people for being a little miffed after years of persistent bugs? Its sort of like we're mad at them for messing up the good thing they have lol. Like how I've been a Fallout fan since F1 on DOS and I havent even considered playing Fallout 76 because it's a steaming pile of $ driven garbage.

You just end up pleading with the creators like "JUST LET ME LOVE YOU!" lol
    #make-ash-angry-again