Thread: My balance issues with aka Evil Mojo balances of Champions.

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 19

Unhappy My balance issues with aka Evil Mojo balances of Champions.

dear Hirez ( aka Evil Mojo)

I'm not writing this with first annoyance problem i get. This is after a lot of annoyances over the time of playing Paladins ( even though i'm not the most skilled ranked person but this game is not only for top ranked players only no?). Balance your champions more moderately. Some seem over the top as a design while others not and some older champions are left behind by the newer and more efficient champions.

Some of the points are similar to this video even though it is more casual and amusing balance video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WuB_QvD-18

Even though my problems people would say are not so prevalent in ranked with coordonated teams but not everybody plays this game ranked and not everybody plays with a coordonated team.

Some champions have more advantages than disadvantages.

As an example some older TANKS like Fernando, Barik are less efficient then Khan or Ash. Even if you compare the abilities are more inferior. Khan has a shield without cooldown, Fernando has over 12 seconds cooldown to its shield. Khan has self and team heal and a lot of it. Khan has grab and stun destroying the Fernando 12 plus cooldown shield. Not to mention the ultimates: Khan eliminates one enemy team champion, Ash a field of immunity,damage,stun for 8 seconds, Fernando has a "don't kill me pls" ultimate as 4 seconds of immunity under 1500 health (wow. people wait 4 seconds and destroy the rest of 1500 health?), and Barik has the worst ultimate as a circle for 4 seconds where nobody enters or care about that ultimate (nor teammates, nor enemies). As a second useless ultimate is of Torvald's that pushes enemies and that's it. Only in certain situations you push them out of the map or last seconds push off the point? At least give Torvald's push some damage when hitting the walls or stun maybe? And Fernando and Barik ultimates are a joke compared to other ultimates. Not to mention the almost useless turrets of Barik or low shield efficiency compared to Ash? Not to mention that Ruckus and Torvald can't resist as a single tank compared to the other tanks. They maybe better be called supports for the tank ( an extension to the real tanks)

Jumping to the 2 snipers of the game.
    As a sniper you are vulnerable with very high damage right? So easy target for flanks right? Strix has more abilities and better escaping or fighting back capabilities( with more damage and more abilities to use) and no charge time of scope. And Kinessa has almost only one ability( oppressor mines feel more of an annoyance than something else useful + charge time shots) Not to mention the ultimates. One makes enemy blind and the other one needs upper hits to make 50% more damage plus doesn't consumes bullets ( how many bullets does she need or consumes in that 5 seconds?) Not to mention but charge scope of Kinessa of 1200 dmg with scope in time is less effective than Cassie normal 680 dmg in 0.75 without scope time + as a result more abilities instead of scope, or the Newest Imani attack without scoping 650 dmg at 0.8 sec/1000 dmg at 1 sec. Not to mention they have more abilities to be aggressive and cope with the attack of flanks.
    P.S. Imani ultimate is out of this world. Did somebody at designing champions got drunk one day and said lets make a dragon that destroys everything in its way without many chances to counter this. Even if they wanna run from it lets make able to chase them everywhere and give it a lot of damage area and a lot in a short time. WTF? Why would the rest think it was a good idea even if that one guy with the idea was DRUNK. just to make fun of players?

Flankers:
    I'm glad Koga gets a nerf but i'm not sure if its enough. Spamming Claws with 650 dmg over 0.55 sec is too much in very little time. So you can do 1950 dmg in 1,65 seconds? and its no skill shot just spamming in fron of you? Shouldn't this game reward players for skill and inteligent play instead of spamming what is OP? (not to mention lifesteal items ingame are the cheapest now? wtf? why?)
    Easy and cheap?
    The big one: SKYE. She melts the healths of enemies with damage plus poison bolts is no time. And then she goes invisible or maybe she heals herself in her smoke that makes her also invisible.
    So she has a lot of damage per champion, so much you cant even respond back before you realize you are dead? and plus that she has 2 invisibility abilities? + one of them can heal you? plus she can be fast?
    What is her downside? compared to others she has a lot of more positives than negatives. Oh you have to get the item to see her? And lose the spot to another useful item just for this character? Its more the enemy's downside than her because as a team you lose items together just to get eyes on her.
    Moji is a spamming double click all the time? WHY? where is the skill gap? and if so no skill why reward with so much damage + imunity for 2 sec and maybe heal ( almost better than Fernando ultimate or Barik useless ultimate)?
    Maeve is ok-ish except the Legendary card that Pounce kills everyone under 35% health. Not only you have 2 pounces with 400 damage and high dmg with knive throws but you execute anybody under 35%?
    35% is more closer to half life than death and you can do pounce twice in very short time. 35% for a tank is enough to hold on in general but not to Maeve. Why? doestm't she have enough dmg and high mobility?
    Speaking of mobility? Isn't the mobility of Evie too much combined with a lot of damage in area? I know she is skilled champion but seriously she has so much mobility in a short time. sometimes you don't know where she teleports and she kills you with 2-3 shots? just master her movement and you will stomp average players where they can't cope with your movement?

Rest of damages:
    VIVIAN: for god sake. Low skill, high damage just put youserlf in favorable position, put your shield on and spam that gun shooting in infinite. Why that shield? Why lack of any other abilities? WHY THAT ULTIMATE that enhances your already spamming attack, and it doesn't go away until you die?
    Another drunk day? Why was this a good idea also? Is it a copy of that turret champion from Overwatch?
    If people complain there about him there why make a similar champion to him in Paladins?
    Why there is no SKILL FOR SOME CHAMPIONS and still reward this? to be more friendly to beginners or people not good at thinking to use abilities?
    Dredge. If he spams projectiles from distance why make them so powerful? At least bomb king needs to risk for those high dmg bombs. Dredge just spams them. If he spams them from afar and so much of them pls make them more lower damage or more skilled spam. willo seems inferior to dredge now in spamming high damage onto the point of interest.

In rest i'm not gonna get into the other champions because its already a long post and the others are not so major concerns.
    Except the whole lots of bugs in this game. Bugs after bugs after bugs.
    Never seen a competitive game with so many bugs. and some could be game changing bugs.

Sorry for the negatives but had to get this out of my chest.
    In rest this game has the potential to be something big and even now its better that casual wanna be competitive Overwatch. Hope no one else jumps on this wagon though.
    And I like the customization for Champions. I like that it makes them more versatile 9 not like casual Overwatch where you can switch in game champions if you are countered). But you have toned down that lately. And please make the champions more versatile ( and of course more balanced) so they can cope for different purposes. And more moderate damages for certain champions. I want to be able to counter on my own with available skills,items, and versatility in any unpredictable situation. That makes more skilled and more entertaining matches to watch and play in general and especially for Esports where we see the top players and plays and imagination.
    Last edited by duty14; 03-17-2019 at 06:18 PM.

Beta Player Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Likes to this thread!

Level
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 90
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Great thread I agree with most of what you're saying except that Ash is better than Barik and Fernando. Fernando is one of the few ults that can cancel out other ults or team pushes completely and has a shield that can be moved and used to protect teammates. While Khan does have some broken parts on him he has a shield you can shoot under or above (on some maps and it doesn't protect as much of his body as Bariks or Nando's and his teammates can't' hide behind the shield. Also since firing line is now gone on Khan he really isn't that bad especially since his healing falls off late game and he can be quite squishy especially when trying to deal with dmg dealers. Bariks ult is more situational than all others and relies on shields which can be taken down pretty easily quiet honestly it only works well early game but tends to be used more late game since the enemy team won't rush an objective extremely fast till late game. Barik, however, isn't that bad since he has the greatest sustain out of all frontlines due to massive amounts of self-healing. problem is that he typically only has 1 build.

Next, I definitely agree about Strix I miss the time when Crack Shot was used rather than people piggybacking a 2600 dmg burst. It's quite horrible to try and out-snipe a Strix or flank a strix who is low you hit him for 1800 but in 2 secs he gets you with a snipe flare combo. Or for you to ambush him and he literally turns around to instantly hit you with burst damage. Also, the thing about snipers is that they rarely receive love in this game (especially in Kinessa's case) and are typically only buffed or nerfed when the community gets pissed about them enough for Evil Mojo to notice. Kinessa's old Eagle eye talent used to be her best one which required tons of skill but it got hard nerfed (for a good reason) but the 25% dmg nerf was extreme and led to Eagle eye being dropped by a huge amount of players. The only reason they did it was that a ton of the community felt it was cheap to be one shotted by a champ they felt was trash and the hardest to play character in the dang game. Even the slow on her mines was removed in exchange for a minuscule dmg buff which should have been in it the base kit of the mines because people found it annoying. Honestly, most Kinessa players want rn is balancing to both her cards and Talents (too many useless cards) and increased mobility + survivability rather than dmg. I will agree with you on the fact that her ult is not that good compared to other dmg dealers its basically a Tyra ult with a 50% chance not do anything since the extra damage does not work on shields and barely gives you any difference in shots per ammo unless you're on empty.

In terms of flankers, I agree with pretty much all you said, however, the only problem is reducing the movement on Evie. The main problem with her is wormhole rather than her base kit. She has bugs with her hitboxes that tend to remedy her hypermobility but in the future, it would probably be best if they fixed that and added a 1-2 s cooldown when using wormhole on her. If they do anything too major to her kit it would basically ruin much of her design since she is quite reliant on her current cooldowns for her other 2 talents due to her low health.

One thing I've noticed about all the broken champion or skill dead champs is that they are either champs that came out between 2018 and 2019 or old champs that are well-liked or found aesthetically pleasing by a huge part of the community (Skye and Lian). I'm not trying to say anything bad about Evil Mojo here they are a great company with an awesome game, but it seems like balancing (in the buffs department) has been geared toward reinforcing new champs or ones that are liked by a major part of the community. People tend to like good-looking or new content especially if they are new or low-level players of the game.
    Last edited by FarceDawn; 03-18-2019 at 12:53 AM.
    Ign: FarceDawn
    Mains: Kinessa (almost 200 hours), Strix, Maeve, Evie, Ash, Ying, and Pip.
    Come and play a match with me if you have time I enjoy nice non-toxic games and love making strategies with teammates when doing comp.

Check out my Champions
    Champion Concepts:

Lan the Cheery Brawler

Louie the Lion-Hearted

Note: I have no restrictions or problems with anyone especially Evil Mojo using any part of my champion concepts free of charge when creating new characters,skins, or ideas.

Beta Player Marquess
    Level
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 218
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 4
    so much truth (but sadly I highly doubt that they will change almost all champs to make it really balanced again).

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 19
    They can tweak the heroes accordingly. Of course its more work for them and they have already enough with the buggy game on all platforms but its better in the long run. A balanced and more fair competitive game resulting -> in more esports fair and more skill based and that brings -> more interesting matches in esports and more streaming power and views of the game witch also brings -> more players everywhere to your game and they stick with it longer ( look at Dota 2 and LOL, where they always balance the game just to be a fair game competitive, with so much record views and players and that's why they dominated the esports for so long and made so much money)

Level
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Forum Tier 2 Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by FarceDawn View Post
    In terms of flankers, I agree with pretty much all you said, however, the only problem is reducing the movement on Evie. The main problem with her is wormhole rather than her base kit. She has bugs with her hitboxes that tend to remedy her hypermobility but in the future, it would probably be best if they fixed that and added a 1-2 s cooldown when using wormhole on her. If they do anything too major to her kit it would basically ruin much of her design since she is quite reliant on her current cooldowns for her other 2 talents due to her low health.

What are you talking about??
    Evie's mobility is fine, she has 1800 HP ... she must have decent mobility. Don't forget that she is very hard to play, another mobility nerf will KILL HER.
    Paladins is a very bad spot with mobility and the current braindead burst meta, you can't ask for another mobility nerf for a balanced champion.

Level
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 90
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by driggydrug View Post
    What are you talking about??
    Evie's mobility is fine, she has 1800 HP ... she must have decent mobility. Don't forget that she is very hard to play, another mobility nerf will KILL HER.
    Paladins is a very bad spot with mobility and the current braindead burst meta, you can't ask for another mobility nerf for a balanced champion.
    read what I am saying completely I'm not saying her mobility is OP I'm saying wormhole is. All it takes is a good Evie on a good team and odds are you'll never kill her more than once or twice for the whole match. I don't want her to have a mobility nerf I want wormhole to be nerf any further mobility nerfs and they'll kill her character.
    Ign: FarceDawn
    Mains: Kinessa (almost 200 hours), Strix, Maeve, Evie, Ash, Ying, and Pip.
    Come and play a match with me if you have time I enjoy nice non-toxic games and love making strategies with teammates when doing comp.

Check out my Champions
    Champion Concepts:

Lan the Cheery Brawler

Louie the Lion-Hearted

Note: I have no restrictions or problems with anyone especially Evil Mojo using any part of my champion concepts free of charge when creating new characters,skins, or ideas.

Level
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 60
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 Overdrive 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Definitely agree with the thread. There are many unbalanced and far easy to get value with characters currently, ususally the ones which let you burst your opponent far quicker due to TTK advantage with mobility, with self sustain and low drawbacks, as OP stated.

But it is still fixable if champions kits become more versatile again and more balance changes would be done to decrease the rewarding spam or easy burst abilities in favor of more sustain/mobility, it should not be a cardinal change but more balance changes are needed to change the meta environment for the better.
    Per aspera ad astra.