Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: sky running amuck against frontliners

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 36

sky running amuck against frontliners

im getting so sick of sky melting me as khan 130dps 25 ammo khans health is 4000(3200) gone in 1 clip,she is always on top of the kills in all games i play,it's getting old seeing sky in almost every game ON THE TOP OF KILLS AND PLAY OF THE GAME.....YEAH BLA BLA BLA WHO CARES GET A BETTER TEAM DUH,HEARD IT ALL BEFORE...

Beta Player Sovereign Prince SiderumNocte's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 222
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 2
    Buy Illuminate...

85% of the problem is solved with just that item.
    As a frontline buy Illuminate because it helps with Skye especially as Khan who has the DPS to challenge Skye.

Skye is a Glass Cannon. Does a lot of DPS but can Die for it.
    Also there are good Skye's out there who can shit out just about anybody.

This thread doesn't really offer any insight about what to do, it's a thread that bitches about Skye.

What would you propose be done?
    Patch 1.4 Ying Best Healer in the Damn Game.

Support Skye is a better healer than Jenos.

Level
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 126
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Tagger Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by SiderumNocte View Post
    Buy Illuminate...

85% of the problem is solved with just that item.
    As a frontline buy Illuminate because it helps with Skye especially as Khan who has the DPS to challenge Skye.

Skye is a Glass Cannon. Does a lot of DPS but can Die for it.
    Also there are good Skye's out there who can shit out just about anybody.

This thread doesn't really offer any insight about what to do, it's a thread that bitches about Skye.

What would you propose be done?
    I wish I had a good answer myself. All I can say is that there are aspects of Skye that seem to be overtuned, and Debilitate is a good place to start looking. I saw a few support Skyes after they changed Smoke and Dagger but after like a week? 100% Debilitate. So I decided to find out why and did a few matches with her. I had very little idea what I was doing and man... I was just wrecking tanks. Its... a but much...

Oh and unlimited ammo is nice too for those of us who arent crackshots. (And people wonder why im an Ash main...)
    #make-ash-angry-again

Beta Player Knight
    Level
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 47
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1 year registered Forum Tier 2 Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points
    Skye shines against frontliners but only is she have a good team otherwise she is permadeath althought I rather have less damage with debilitate and a true escape ability

Level
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 99
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 Overdrive 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by squall_seawave View Post
    Skye shines against frontliners but only is she have a good team otherwise she is permadeath althought I rather have less damage with debilitate and a true escape ability
    Debilitate Skye melts not only tanks in seconds, but everyone else as well, dps and especially supports. She is not really dependant on her team to do this as well, making her able to carry games on her own, if a target buys illuminate she can still harass others, or just wait a bit for a distraction/right time to kill a teammate without it. Her range is also very forgiving for such a high damage she does with this Leg, making her put out more damage than many dps.

Debilitate as talent is, imo, broken, and would need a rebalance like lowering its damage and range, and adding to her mobility otherwise.
    Per aspera ad astra.

Level
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 6
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Ok so now Skye all of the sudden is top now? This talent has been around forever and now it's a problem? I personally never use it. Since sneak attack is gone I now jumped to the reset one. Which to me is stronger. In almost every level of play. You hear her inviz sound effect and everyone basically jumps her. So she came out of hidden..ok it's on cool down now. She has no real way to escape. Which again is why I gravitated to preparation.

Super Moderator Sovereign Prince cmsaunli's Avatar
    Protecting a Volcano, and the Ska'drin. (But not Talus)
    Level
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 74
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 Tagger First Class Overdrive 1 year registered 10000 Experience Points
    Illuminate is the key really. That can switch a game being lost to won in a heartbeat. It essentially takes the one thing most Skye players rely on. It forces her to stand with her team once she starts dying from being seen so often, leaving her to basically rely on spamming Poison Darts from a distance and not getting the close range effectiveness of her wrist crossbow.
    That's my opinion anyways.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the Forum's Code of Conduct.

BRING BACK PAYLOAD!

Need to submit a Support Ticket? Click me!

Cicero's Official Listener.
    "Legendary Support Makoa Main"

Level
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 99
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 Overdrive 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by KosMos View Post
    Ok so now Skye all of the sudden is top now? This talent has been around forever and now it's a problem? I personally never use it.
    Skye is not "suddenly top" now, but has been a long time and still is a top flank choice, and was often banned along with Andro, thanks to how overpowered Debilitate is. I would dare say you are missing much on not playing Debilitate since it is a guaranteed kill on right targets (not only tanks, killing the support who does not get any help from dps easily) especially in the early stages of the game. But to each his/her own.

The are also different ways of playing Skye, with Debilitate, a very good Skye player I once talked with goes for maxing out her self sustain first item wise before even going Caut, doesn't really need to because of the high damage.

The reason why Skye is not as often banned as before is that the devs changed another flank to be even more OP, it being Koga who is even more problematic than a Skye with his claws spam, release of Imani etc.
    Last edited by Averey; 02-28-2019 at 05:52 AM.
    Per aspera ad astra.

Member Knight
    Level
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 500 Experience Points
    everyone is saying skye is top now becuz they removed the reveals in loadout cards recently. Debilitate has been in the game like forever so, reveal nerf is basically the reason shes top tier right now and can basically do just as good as a god tier koga or an andro no more no less. shes not broken however. she is just good at killing dmg dealers or supps, but also excels at killing tanks at the cost of the "get in and get out mobility" which is needed to repeat the process of getting the backline champs without killing the player and also dying in the process.
    Illuminate is what solves half of the problem and good self-awareness from the enemy team.But if u have a good team too, skye can finish players below 80% hp in a heartbeat in a perfectly balanced way.In other words, skye is quite team dependent on high elos when it comes to illuminate.
    Skye is only op in terms of frontline finishing, but not as a flank.She just has the potential to kill a champ of any role at the cost of mobility.

Level
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 6
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    That's not even why your getting melted tho. Her card that does not let her consume ammo is the problem. That combo with prep is broken. Which I know I rock that. You throw poison shoot kill reset. The card also stacks. Combo that with twilight armour that increases her mag. Trust me, it's not debilitate.