Thread: I Think That Maeve Needs Some Smaller Buffs and Changes

Level
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 76
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points

I Think That Maeve Needs Some Smaller Buffs and Changes

I really like Maeve and i used to play her a lot in the past but not anymore. I feel like as a flank, she just lacks something. And i am not even sure what exactly but overall and especially compared to some other Flanks she is just not a good pick anymore.

I feel like her Talents are really lackluster and there is not a single Talent that gives her some kind of bigger impact on the match. Something that stands out and makes her a good Flank pick.

Her health is very low, her mobility is not that good, attacking is cancelling her only mobility option, she is very loud and easy to track... Koga is basically what Maeve should have been. He is everything that Maeve isn't, because of all her nerfs and changes they did to her. It really sucks that we can have Koga in this state in the game, while we also have Maeve as she is... it just doesn't make any sense.

Level
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 54
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I will agree with you on the fact that Koga feels like a more viable copy of Maeve in many circumstances but that is just because of the stupid buffs that were given to him. Maeve isn't as weak as your making her out to be she just has low variability. Her talents are all damage modifiers, unlike other flanks not a single one changes her playstyle while other flanks get multiple playstyles in their talents. Once you get good aim and placement the movements you can do with Maeve can tend to get monotonous especially since she doesn't have really much of a difference with each talent. Her old Artful dodger Talent was the only talent that really changed her playstyle a bit (back when it cleansed cc) and shouldn't have been nerfed imo especially with so many stun champs in the game.
    Ign: FarceDawn
    Mains: Kinessa (almost 200 hours), Strix, Maeve, Evie, Ash, Ying, and Pip.
    Come and play a match with me if you have time I enjoy nice non-toxic games and love making strategies with teammates when doing comp.

Check out my Champions
    Champion Concepts:

Lan the Cheery Brawler

Louie the Lion-Hearted

Note: I have no restrictions or problems with anyone especially Evil Mojo using any part of my champion concepts free of charge when creating new characters,skins, or ideas.

Beta Player Baron Sluipschutter's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    Maeve atm is too weak to compete with the other flanks so easy to drop her with a flank as Lex
    PM me for qeustions or help

Level
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    The devs are probably scared to buff her. All she ever gets is a nerf. She is one of the only flanks that actually require skill. A Maeve that can aim is dangerous. Wether you agree or not but she has more movement potential then Evie. She could have some cards changed or buffed or simply add it to her base kit. I do kinda wish the cc cleanse was still around. For now she needs either rouge's Gambit damage buffed from 440 to 500 or have the 500 pounce by base kit. Cause again it's retarded that she has 400 damage ability when say Koga has 650 claws. Talus has a 600 Punch. Even Andro has a simple little punch that deals more then that. I'd even argue to extend the time of midnight.
    And one more thing....why is Raeve Maeve ultimate music so low again? Fix that.

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Quote Originally Posted by KosMos View Post
    The devs are probably scared to buff her. All she ever gets is a nerf. She is one of the only flanks that actually require skill. A Maeve that can aim is dangerous. Wether you agree or not but she has more movement potential then Evie. She could have some cards changed or buffed or simply add it to her base kit. I do kinda wish the cc cleanse was still around. For now she needs either rouge's Gambit damage buffed from 440 to 500 or have the 500 pounce by base kit. Cause again it's retarded that she has 400 damage ability when say Koga has 650 claws. Talus has a 600 Punch. Even Andro has a simple little punch that deals more then that. I'd even argue to extend the time of midnight.
    I agree, and attack should do 600 damage, 550 as a minimum and its ultimate should last 6 seconds since 4 is very little for what it does.

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by KosMos View Post
    They actually changed the Music to be faster repeating beats and removed a portion of it after the remix battle pass
    Also, i would say it should be 500 at most she does a lot of dmg already and Talus's punch is his best dmg dealer when overcharge is gone.
    Also, it would be nice if they had something that at least changed a part of her gameplay cause her playstyle is relatively the same with every talent.
    Come and play a match with me if you have time I enjoy nice non-toxic games and love making strategies with teammates when doing comp.

Check out my Champions
    Champion Concepts:

Lan the Cheery Brawler

Louie the Lion-Hearted

Note: I have no restrictions or problems with anyone especially Evil Mojo using any part of my champion concepts free of charge when creating new characters,skins, or ideas.

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I agree, and attack should do 600 damage, 550 as a minimum and its ultimate should last 6 seconds since 4 is very little for what it does.
    It needs to be irreducible (maybe by 1s at most) rather than a duration increase and I think 6s might be a little much but it might be fine with a 5s increase

Check out my Champions
    Champion Concepts:

Lan the Cheery Brawler

Louie the Lion-Hearted

Level
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by FarceDawn View Post
    They actually changed the Music to be faster repeating beats and removed a portion of it after the remix battle pass
    Also, i would say it should be 500 at most she does a lot of dmg already and Talus's punch is his best dmg dealer when overcharge is gone.
    Also, it would be nice if they had something that at least changed a part of her gameplay cause her playstyle is relatively the same with every talent.
    Yeah but ever since they added merry maker Maeve the music when in her ultimate is very low compared to the remix Update.

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points
    I am willing to agree with any and all base kit buffs and talent diversification. I used to play Maeve tons, she was my main flank and super fun after the learning curve. I left the game (and the country) for a while, I come back, now I can't catch a break with Maeve, especially with Koga running claws 99% of the match time. Koga's Dragon Fangs talent needs to take way more that 200 health per second, considering Jenos heals 220 per second, giving Koga insane damage and range potential over his SMGs.

Member Esquire
    Level
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 43
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by FarceDawn View Post
    It needs to be irreducible (maybe by 1s at most) rather than a duration increase and I think 6s might be a little much but it might be fine with a 5s increase
    I do agree with the irreducible part. However I'm against increasing the duration of Maeve's ult.

Whenever I'm facing a Maeve who uses her ult, I always find that the duration of the ability lasts for a long time (assuming I'm not using any items to reduce crowd control).

However, if I'm the one playing as Maeve, and I use her ult, I find that I don't have enough time to get into position and start attacking. You can do either one or the other, not (usually) both:

1) Get into position -> Activate ult -> Attack while the opponents are blinded

2) Activate ult -> Get into position -> attack while ult is ending (I usually find myself doing this option the most, and prowl doesn't really help because I just don't find it fast enough or it reveals my position).

Not to mention the various counters for Maeve's ult (strix flare, cassie ult).

I'd think a team speed boost of 40~50% that lasts 4 seconds when ult is activated is more effective than just increasing the overall duration of Maeve's ult. It not only helps the team to get into position faster, but it also prevents Maeve's ult from being completely useless when countered.