Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Crossplay is a Disaster

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Achievements:
    7 days registered

Crossplay is a Disaster

I usually play on PS4. I have decided to try Xbox due to the horrific match making and the game being nearly dead on the Australian and SEA servers.

I have crossplay set to gamepad only and have input as gamepad.

The difference between PS4 and Xbox is night and day. Its a totally different game. Lightning tracking, instant 180's with precision aim, Ando flicks while in the air to stay floating - flick, headshot, flick, headshot, ult - I've never seen anything like it from someone supposed to using a gamepad.

Sony did the right thing by not allowing crossplay and they never should. I believe that PC players are circumventing the input method right under the developers noses and they don't even know it.

Does anyone really care? Probably not. The player base is mostly PC anyway and the game has been circling the drain on console since Apex come out.

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    I don't know the actual problem between Xbox and PS4, but I can assure you that no pc player wants to be matched with console ones. They even ask at the beginning of the game if there's someone on console and if they don't answer (console can't write in chat), they quit.
    Why? Because, yes, you can easily destroy console players... But we surely don't want them in our team. Trust me on that.

#RemoveCrossPlay

Beta Player Baron Sluipschutter's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkure View Post
    I don't know the actual problem between Xbox and PS4, but I can assure you that no pc player wants to be matched with console ones. They even ask at the beginning of the game if there's someone on console and if they don't answer (console can't write in chat), they quit.
    Why? Because, yes, you can easily destroy console players... But we surely don't want them in our team. Trust me on that.

#RemoveCrossPlay
    Agreed say what you wanna say console players have alot of slower movement since we pc players can use a mouse
    PM me for qeustions or help

Member Recruit
    Level
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Yeah, I get what your saying, but you guys are power players and this wouldn't apply to you. This account is only at level 44 and i'm playing against other lowly scrubs just looking for the W. Plus the obligatory game against a level 300, 5 stack every 3 matches which just run over you.

What I'm worried about is the new player experience on console where I play. The PS4 is dominated by 3-5 stacks of level 200+ players steamrolling random teams of newer players. But I get it, low player base = get what your given matchmaking.

Crossplay should fix this, but a new player on Xbox/Switch vs a level 300 PC player provides a poor experience, and ultimately an uninstall. Its even worse when your settings say GAMEPAD ONLY but your PC opponent moves like lightning.

Anyway, regardless of whether you and your friends want to play against console players, PC players ARE playing against console players. Their movements are WAY too FAST and PRECISE to be in gamepad only games and therefore I am convinced they are using keyboard and mouse.

I smell a big fat rat here, but as I said before, I don't think anyone else really cares enough to get to the bottom of whats going on.

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    We are those that have seen their elo DESTROYED for console players in our team. It's almost two months (since cross play and the related MM) I keep losing with one or two bad players (VERY bad) in my team. I can assure you it's damn frustrating.
    Not to say cross play is a good idea, I hate it, but just to assure you that pc players are not exploiting the thing in any way.
    No matter your level: a console player will always be worse than a pc one, for obvious input reason. And we are losing a lot due to them. The fact you're facing a level 300 pc stack is, instead, due to MM.

Join MM conundrum thread and help us against it.

Super Moderator Emperor Wallachia's Avatar
    Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger Second Class 50000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3 Forum Tier 2
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by Syz1gy View Post
    I believe that PC players are circumventing the input method right under the developers noses and they don't even know it.
    No empty accusations, please. What happens is that PC players can adjust mouse sensitivity and flick shots are actual combat techniques we use. Yes, console players are in disadvantage if they don't use hitscans with aim assist, but given that console players can use mouse and keyboards (I just don't know how), it's not considered an impairment to crossplay.

Also, Sony disallowed crossplay strictly because they don't want their players to interact with Nintendo and Microsoft players, just that. It has nothing to do with any technicalities.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the Forum's Code of Conduct.

HiRezAlyssa's Personal Power Ranger and Head Mod of Paladins Forums.

If it's for the good of all and general happiness of the nation, I am ready. Tell the people I'll stay!

Level
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class 1 year registered Forum Tier 2 Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points
    Hearing all this i'm kinda glad i play on PS4..

Member Recruit
    Level
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallachia View Post
    No empty accusations, please.
    OK, but............

PC players can adjust mouse sensitivity and flick shots are actual combat techniques we use.
    .....you have kinda validated what I'm trying to say.

I think I'm being misunderstood so I'll try to make my point as clear as possible.

Crossplay on Xbox has 4 settings....... Allow All - Gamepad Only - Keyboard Only - Xbox Only.
    Input Method has 2.........Keyboard, Gamepad.

Xbox only is a ghost town, so I have crossplay set to GAMEPAD ONLY. In theory this should let me play against switch players like back in the good ol' days (aka shadow lord mal'damba battlepass).

Red Flag 1 : Barick wearing a red shirt and construction hat. A PC only skin

Red Flag 2 : Ando flick shots over my Khan's shield. Something I've never seen when I completed the last 3 battle passes.
    PC players can adjust mouse sensitivity and flick shots are actual combat techniques we use.
    So there a 3 possible things going on here. 1. The developers are allowing K&M in gamepad only games, 2. Players have found a way to use K&M in gamepad only games to pad their stats (I think the kids today call them hackers), or 3. I'm an idiot and I don't know what I'm talking about.

I understand ranked takes input method into account, but there is no ranked scene on console and this directly affects the new player experience as they can't access ranked until level 15 anyway.

I also understand that this only affects a small part of the games community, but they happily take my money and the game experience is vastly different to PS4.

Also, Sony disallowed crossplay strictly because they don't want their players to interact with Nintendo and Microsoft players, just that.
    Sony have publicly stated that they believe that they have the best online console environment and they want to maintain it's integrity. They also don't want competitors exclusive items appearing in their online games. They have conceded the point with Fortnite, but Epic's crossplay is rock-solid. You will never get a PC K&B inside a Sony controller-only match.

Hi-Rez have publicly stated that they are ready to flick the switch, but Sony is being stubborn and are holding them back. Based on my 'controller only' crossplay experience, they don't have a switch. They have have a big red button with the word 'NUKE'.

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 53
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points
    regardless of cross play integration, there is at least one known adapter that allows you to play with a mouse and keyboard on console. since the chip is on the controller itself, it acts as if the input method is actually the controller. for obvious reasons I won't state the name of this device. my question is whether you noticed this only after the integration or if it's already been running rampant but you've just noticed it having recently coming back to Xbox. I have had a few friends tell me most GMs on the PS4 side use it. how true this is I'll never know, but it's worth noting as it is indeed a way to sneak one by the developers of any game. the best thing I could think of to alleviate this is is a better reporting system where complaints are aggressively looked into.

Super Moderator Emperor Wallachia's Avatar
    Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger Second Class 50000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3 Forum Tier 2
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by Syz1gy View Post
    Crossplay on Xbox has 4 settings....... Allow All - Gamepad Only - Keyboard Only - Xbox Only.
    Input Method has 2.........Keyboard, Gamepad.

Xbox only is a ghost town, so I have crossplay set to GAMEPAD ONLY. In theory this should let me play against switch players like back in the good ol' days (aka shadow lord mal'damba battlepass).

Red Flag 1 : Barick wearing a red shirt and construction hat. A PC only skin

Red Flag 2 : Ando flick shots over my Khan's shield. Something I've never seen when I completed the last 3 battle passes.

So there a 3 possible things going on here. 1. The developers are allowing K&M in gamepad only games, 2. Players have found a way to use K&M in gamepad only games to pad their stats (I think the kids today call them hackers), or 3. I'm an idiot and I don't know what I'm talking about.
    See, it`s possible to log into your xbox account if you have a computer with Win10. If you have an xbox with a game, you can actually load it on your console. Long explanation short, if you have an xbox, you can turn your computer into a xbox console. Once crossplay is enable, it's IMPOSSIBLE to separate xbox players from comps with Win10 player.

What I can't tell you, however, is wether or not if this is intended by Microsoft or simply a bug.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the Forum's Code of Conduct.

HiRezAlyssa's Personal Power Ranger and Head Mod of Paladins Forums.

If it's for the good of all and general happiness of the nation, I am ready. Tell the people I'll stay!