Thread: Mini Guide to Ash Burst Combos

Beta Player Sovereign Prince CrazyLasagna's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 105
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points

Mini Guide to Ash Burst Combos

TheBaboom1 gave me the inspiration for this idea. I saw his guide and thought, hmm, what about for Ash? So I went to testing and found a list of the most practical and impractical burst combos Ash has at her disposal.

Note: "Burst damage" is what I consider all within a 2 second time period

1. The Ash Smash
    Shoulder Bash (800) + Cannon Shot (400)
    Ash's bread and butter combo. This is the one you can pull off the most consistently and is the most efficient burst damage combo Ash has at her disposal as it only uses one ability and 1 ammo. It can be improved however
    Kills:
    Nobody

2. The Improved Ash Smash
    Shoulder Bash (800) + Instant Cannon Shot (400) + Cannon Shot(400)
    If you hold M1 (or whatever your fire key is) while charging Shoulder Bash, you will instantly shoot the second your bash ends. Then, while the target is presumably still midair, shoot again for a solid 1600 damage burst. This is extremely powerful especially since most people don't play around a frontline shitting out 1.6k damage in a second
    Kills:
    Nobody

3. Let there be flight!
    Shoulder Bash (800) + Instant Kinetic Burst (450)
    While is technically a better damage combo than the basic Ash Smash (whoa +50 damage! This is meta-defining!), it's actually weaker than the improved version since the knockback does stack and will often knock enemies out of range. The knockback is quite useful on maps with lots of hazards like Frog Isle and Fish Market though. Now, if you use Percussion 5 and Furious Charge 5, it's a mini Khan ult. There's no higher damage than insta death.
    Kills:
    Nobody (potentially UNLIMITED POWER!)

4. Overkill
    Shoulder Bash (800) + Instant Cannon Shot (400) + Cannon Shot (400) + Assert Dominance (indoors to be within the 2s threshold) (600) + Instant Cannon Shot (400)
    I got lazy so Imma do the ultimate combo and be done with it. Is this combo excessive? Yes. Is it worth using your ultimate for? Probably not. Is it fun as hell? Yes. Yes it is. Nobody expects an Ash to just shit out 2600 damage in two seconds. The ultimate damage combo for Ash.
    Kills:
    Every non-frontline (not including health boosts)
    Last edited by CrazyLasagna; 02-14-2019 at 09:02 AM.
    Future's End Is An Amazing Update, So Much So That I Feel The Need To Say This

Good Job Hi-Rez

Level
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Tagger Second Class
    One I occasionally pull off is leading with a kinetic burst and then catching them with your Ash Bash the moment they land. Basically starting the bash while their still flying. Can be suicidal though, you could find yourself deep behind enemy lines with no Shoulder Bash to get back out lol.
    #make-ash-angry-again

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Brickvon View Post
    One I occasionally pull off is leading with a kinetic burst and then catching them with your Ash Bash the moment they land. Basically starting the bash while their still flying. Can be suicidal though, you could find yourself deep behind enemy lines with no Shoulder Bash to get back out lol.
    That sounds really cool and satisfying to pull off, but why? It's not any better than the Improved Ash Bash and has a greater chance of killing you (since you might be in enemy lines). Or do you just do it because it's fun

Good Job Hi-Rez

Level
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Tagger Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyLasagna View Post
    That sounds really cool and satisfying to pull off, but why? It's not any better than the Improved Ash Bash and has a greater chance of killing you (since you might be in enemy lines). Or do you just do it because it's fun
    Mostly fun HOWEVER, it does have a slight practical use. If I'm low on health and I know this guy is going to end me, sometimes it's disorienting enough that they wont get the final shot off. So I've actually survived a few encounters that way.
    #make-ash-angry-again

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Brickvon View Post
    Mostly fun HOWEVER, it does have a slight practical use. If I'm low on health and I know this guy is going to end me, sometimes it's disorienting enough that they wont get the final shot off. So I've actually survived a few encounters that way.
    Oh, I can see that. I'll have to try that out.

Good Job Hi-Rez