Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: How (the hell) I'm supposed to play Imani?

Level
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 250 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester
    To do the 2200 dmg combo don't use Mana Rift, use Pyromania lengendary and Mystic Fire 5 and Pilgrimage in your loadout. I really don't like the Mana Rift legendary, makes you very stationary and Imani already has movement problems.
    You have to allways look to your mana bar, once it's full, shoot the first fire ball (charge for 1.6 seconds) and then hit LMB (don't hold) again very quickly and the second shoot will go instantly. It's like you charge for 1.6 seconds but instead of fire 1 shoot you will fire 2. Then use frostfire glide to increase your mana again and repeat. (also charge your mana in the spawn room with frostfire glide).
    I'm at work right now but when I get home I post my loadout. It's in the test phase and yesterday i changed it a bit but you can have an idea.

Level
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 195
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Forum Tier 3
    I actually really enjoy Imani. I prefer Splitting Ice myself, and I especially love targeting deployables to destroy them while also "bouncing" my shots off to hit nearby enemies at the same time. I currently run a loadout that's heavily focused on improving her survivability and making Frostfire Glide a more effective escape, which also helps it to double as a nice off-flanking tool.

I'd go so far as to say that she's the first damage champion I've really felt comfortable with from almost the moment I started playing her. It just "clicked" very quickly. I think that's how it happens, though, sometimes: you get champs who just naturally fit you somehow.
    Give your Ying a big hug!

"If fascism comes ... it will probably be wrapped up in the American flag and heralded as a plea for liberty and preservation of the constitution."

— James Waterman Wise, Jr.

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it."

— Martin Luther King, Jr.

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    @Ripper: please, explain this to me: which is the difference in holding LMB or just pressing it, while using fire? I’ve tried several time, but I can’t understand if there’s a different dmg output or whatever.

@Spacey: I was using survivability loadout too, but my problem is that I can’t deal enough dmg. It is like my Dredge: 50k dmg, but with 30 kills (I am “surgical” with Harpoon, as said, I don’t spam). With Imani I have 50k dmg in a 20 min game, but with 6 kills, so there’s something wrong :-/
    For me, nothing it’s “natural”, I’m a theorist, I NEED to get the logic behind something, before being able to use it, no matter how natural. That’s why there are so many threads like this about “please, explain to me the theory of champion X” ^^’

Beta Player Duke ElectroPaladin's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 112
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkure View Post
    Hello, guys, and thanks you all for suggestions. Sure, Ripper, share your loadout, I'm curious.

I was using Imani with Mana Rift, but I am still unable to find out what does it do... ^^'

So, 2200 dmg combo... I should try that. I am actually creating a new loadout for her, let's see what I can do.

PS: "Pow Pow Dead Squishy" is definitely a great name!

EDIT
    No, guys, I've tried. I've even copied the loadout of Brickvon, but I am 100% unable to get the free 2nd attack. So, can you please write to me a step by step "for dummies" manual, here?
    You know pyre balls, you need to charge them, the instant pyre ball needs no charge, so while you hold the fire button to charge the pyre ball, isntead it just throws out an instant pyre ball(if your mana is full), which may seems to be like it bugged out and threw a normal pyre ball, but it is a fully charged pyre ball which required no charging, due to the mana.
    The way you can keep track of it is, you see your mana bar right, its blue, when it turns white, that's when it throws out an instant one, so it is white, get ready to throw the instant pyre ball instead of looking to charge it.

The mana rift basically works, you stand at an area for 2 seconds, it spawns a beacon, now you can move around quite far, and your mana will fill up, if you have played an mmo or sort of that(moba), then while you are standing on your home, or on a safe point, your health/mana recharges, same thing.

Her fire stance is like shalin's arrow, you hold it for longer, you do more damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Peinzius View Post
    Also Life Exchange beat Resonance in votes >
    Quote Originally Posted by GeSteYiam View Post
    Majority also voted for trump.
    Mic drop

Level
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 278
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1 year registered Tagger Second Class Overdrive 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4
    When I get the chance ill show you in a video format.

Level
    Achievements:
    When I get the chance ill show you in a video format.
    your potato won't be able to record the game.

Mic drop

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Yes, please, record. I'm noob T_T

Member Esquire
    Level
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 250 Experience Points
    fire stance is actually pretty tough to use. you might occasionally two shot someone, but you are very vulnerable when you dont have mana. good flanks will wreak you if they get close too

frost stance with splitting ice is pretty straight forward. try to stay in the back lines and hit the group with a long range frost bomb, then rain frost bolts on them. positioning is key to make this work

Level
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 278
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1 year registered Tagger Second Class Overdrive 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectroPaladin View Post
    your potato won't be able to record the game.
    It can at half resolution (360p) and abysmal bitrate (~800)
    Last edited by GeSteYiam; 02-07-2019 at 09:12 AM.

Level
    Achievements:
    It can at half resolution (360p) and abysmal bitrate (~800)
    I was watching the video and there was some guy talking not in English and i was wondering why isn't geste talking in English and how is this 8 year old voice sounds like an adult man. Turns out it was the goddamn mixer stream.

Anyways that's the quality my internet can handle so thumbs up, but then again my net is potato, so you potato.

Mic drop