Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Ideas for Nerfs

Beta Player Sovereign Prince CrazyLasagna's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 105
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points

Ideas for Nerfs

The title sounds like something coming out of a lvl 7 forum poster don't it?

After carefully analysing the champions (getting my ass beat by them/beating someone's ass with them) I have made a list of champions that need nerfs. The nerfs aren't super radical. None are humongous and some champions that y'all hate will be missing, but this is what I came up with and I'm looking for opinions on it (and yes, I'm mentally prepared for the incoming flame posts). This is my opinion on the champions, who I feel, deserve a nerf.

Talus:
    His Rune of Travel cannot clense. PLEASE. Talus has just so much freedom. He can get out of stuns, roots, cripples, ANYTHING because of his Rune of Travel clense. It makes it so there is no actual way to counter him and he can just wreck your team for free. In trouble? Press F! There needs to be a way to deal with Talus and him not have a "get out of jail free card" to replace actual skill.

Imani:
    Damage Falloff and rework Permafrost. Yep. That's it. Imani is really strong right now because of her insane DPS at ANY range. She can spam projectiles out and get the damage equivelant of damage Grohk, which is stupid high, but not in the form of chip damage (which is what makes DMG Grohk not broken). She needs damage falloff to lower her range of effectiveness and overall reduce her insane damage numbers. Permafrost needs to go because a 2.5 second AOE root is just not ok. It's not. Do not even begin to try and argue that that is fair or balanced because it is very much not.

Dredge:
    2-3 second cooldown on Broadside. Broadside is just insane. Seedling is a comparable skill giving significant area denial as well as damage. Broadside does the exact same thing but without a cooldown (and being slightly weaker). His insane area denial power is a force to be reckoned with. Adding a cooldown will make it less spammy and give players some actual breathing room. Oh and for all of you who disagree with me, you have just revealed yourself as that guy who always instalocks damages and flanks every game. Anyone who has played Frontline for a single game can tell how powerful area denial is.

Koga:
    I'm annoyed to admit this, but I think EinMeister is right. Dragon Fangs Koga is busted now and possibly still was before the buff. It just took the buff for everyone to realize how stupid it was. I think Koga's claws might need a slight bit of a rework to give it a different job compared to his smgs. Maybe decrease the fire rate but increase the damage to make it a better finisher, though that's kind of skewers thing, idk. Something needs to be done about Koga though as he can output almost 1200 DPS at mid range. 1200 DPS on a flank at mid range. That's just not ok, especially combined with his amazing mobility and sustain.

Skye:
    As much as I hate to admit it, Debilitate Skye is busted. I love Debilitate Skye and playing her, but dear god is she stupid right now. She just outputs way too much damage and the potential to rip through a tank's health is comparable to old Street Justice Maeve (weren't those good times huh). The problem is, if Debilitate is nerfed, it might just kill Skye again. I think both Debilitate and Smoke and Dagger need reworks. Debilitate is too strong and Smoke and Dagger is just stupid. Why does the dev team keep giving flanks support legendaries? First Moji and now Skye? Like wtf. Also, even if Nurse Skye does "vary up the gameplay" and is viable, it's broken as hell. Combined with Confound and Poisoner V, Skye can throw out so many smoke bombs that the game starts to actually break. I had a game of Nurse Skye where the audio just straight up broke and the friend I was playing with dropped over half his frames. Now, if Skye gets a Nurse Skin, Nurse Skye can stay, it just needs to be fixed (seriously though Hi-Rez, we need a nurse skin and we needed it yesterday). Preparation just needs to include elims and maybe take off the innate kill to heal.

Update
    February 6: Add buffs to Skye if Debilitate is nerfed/reworked

(This is a personal one)
    Cassie:
    She is a problem. She has been a problem for a while but it's been mostly ignored. Yes, I realize she requires a lot of skill to play effectively. Yes, I realize that good cassie's are not that common. However, when you do encounter a good cassie, you just can't do anything against her except team up on her. If you're flank, you can't get within range without becoming a pincushion. Frontline? A bigger, slower pincushion. Support...yeah that's not going to go very well for you. Damage champions are the few that can consistently deal with a good cassie. Having 3/4 roles being almost useless/completely annihilated against her is just not ok. As for how to nerf her, I got nothing. Maybe just decrease her shot damage? Idk. She still also has very high burst. Something needs to be done about this monster (The other possiblity is I'm just bad).

Lex:
    Remove him from the game

This was my list of champs that, I feel, need nerfs. What do you think? Who do you hate? Why does this sound like the end of a youtube video? Idfk.
    Last edited by CrazyLasagna; 02-06-2019 at 02:44 PM.
    Future's End Is An Amazing Update, So Much So That I Feel The Need To Say This

Good Job Hi-Rez

Beta Player Duke ElectroPaladin's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 112
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points
    Imani: You should also try his fire build, 1100 dmage on one shot and with full mana thats an instant 1100 shot, 2200 damage in an instant killing any squishy she meets eye with, yes the mana regen is slow but then you got mana rift, with an absurd range.
    Dredge: That and remove the card which grants you 40% reload speed, it just makes dredge ridiculous and kind of the only reason scuttle is so good. I wouldn't agree on the reload projectile staying at the first place, but then they will have to rework a whole LC, which i don't think they can gather time from their "busy" schedule to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Peinzius View Post
    Also Life Exchange beat Resonance in votes >
    Quote Originally Posted by GeSteYiam View Post
    Majority also voted for trump.
    Mic drop

Level
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 76
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    Imani doesn't need damage fall-off. She is long range DPS champion, just like Sha Lin or Cassie for example are. With damage fall-off she would be useless.
    If she needs damage fall-off then Sha Lin and Cassie need it too.

Member Esquire
    Level
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 250 Experience Points
    i logged in just to echo the poster above. damage fall off would ruin imani, she is not a close range fighter in either stance

dont see that one happening, they are nerfing mana though

Level
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Tagger Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyLasagna View Post

Lex:
    Remove him from the game
    It is indeed a rare moment to see such a true and powerful message composed in just 5 words.
    #make-ash-angry-again

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoRaider1988 View Post
    Imani doesn't need damage fall-off. She is long range DPS champion, just like Sha Lin or Cassie for example are. With damage fall-off she would be useless.
    If she needs damage fall-off then Sha Lin and Cassie need it too.
    Imani, to me, is supposed to be a mid-range damage supposed to have extremely powerful, high cooldown abilities while having weaker base damage. Except, she doesn't have this weaker base damage. Nerfing her base damage would bring her in balance (I think).

Good Job Hi-Rez

Level
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 195
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Forum Tier 3
    Amazing. I disagree with almost the entire original post.

The only exceptions I guess would be the root duration on Imani, which is too long, as well as the bit about Koga and possibly Dredge. A lot of the suggestions, such as the bit about damage falloff for Imani, are just unbelievably horrible ideas, and most of the rest are at least bad.
    Last edited by Spacey1; 02-05-2019 at 05:27 PM.
    Give your Ying a big hug!

"If fascism comes ... it will probably be wrapped up in the American flag and heralded as a plea for liberty and preservation of the constitution."

— James Waterman Wise, Jr.

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it."

— Martin Luther King, Jr.

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacey1 View Post
    Amazing. I disagree with almost the entire original post.

The only exceptions I guess would be the root duration on Imani, which is too long, as well as the bit about Koga and possibly Dredge. A lot of the suggestions, such as the bit about damage falloff for Imani, are just unbelievably horrible ideas, and most of the rest are at least bad.
    Ok, why? I genuinely want to know why people disagree with my ideas so I can restructure them.

Good Job Hi-Rez

Level
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 195
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyLasagna View Post
    Ok, why? I genuinely want to know why people disagree with my ideas so I can restructure them.
    Alright. And on reflection, I may have overstated my disagreement somewhat, but here is my take on your calls for nerfs:

Talus: Okay, to be fair, maybe you're right about this one as well. Talus just never struck me as a breakaway problem, though. He's effective and does what he's supposed to do, but honestly I'm more afraid of Andro and Koga than I am Talus. But okay, maybe.

Imani: Okay on the root, because yes, it lasts too long. But damage falloff, really? On a projectile damage champion?

Dredge: I'm not sure how I feel about this, honestly. Everything about Dredge, from Scuttle to Hurl to the Broadside spam, feels just wrong and obnoxious and unfair, and yet somehow, he doesn't seem to dominate the game. It's almost like he just needs a total rework or ... something. I actually just don't know how I feel about this.

Koga: I mean, yeah. You're just right.

Skye: Look, the thing is, Skye's situation is super complicated. I've gone into a whole thing in other threads about how I feel she's either a flank with no flanking tools or a misclassified damage champion. But you can't just say "Debilitate Skye is busted," because the truth is far worse than that. The truth is, Skye does not work as either a flank or as a damage champion. In her current form, she's a bizarre, schizophrenic mess who occupies no identifiable role at all.

Cassie: No, I don't see it. I've never seen it. Cassie's good, but as much as conventional wisdom holds that she's overpowered, I've never once agreed that she is. If anything, I could see an argument for Eminence Lian, but Cassie? Nah.

Lex: Okay? I mean, he's annoying, but he's not supposed to show up to pet your dog and give you hugs. He's a flank doing what flanks do. I really don't see the issue here. Maybe get rid of the auto-aim ability, though. (See also Lian.)
    Last edited by Spacey1; 02-05-2019 at 08:08 PM.
    Give your Ying a big hug!

"If fascism comes ... it will probably be wrapped up in the American flag and heralded as a plea for liberty and preservation of the constitution."

— James Waterman Wise, Jr.

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it."

— Martin Luther King, Jr.

Beta Player Baron DarkSoulEnvoy's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 29
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points Tagger First Class Forum Tier 2 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectroPaladin View Post
    Imani: You should also try his fire build, 1100 dmage on one shot and with full mana thats an instant 1100 shot, 2200 damage in an instant killing any squishy she meets eye with, yes the mana regen is slow but then you got mana rift, with an absurd range.
    Dredge: That and remove the card which grants you 40% reload speed, it just makes dredge ridiculous and kind of the only reason scuttle is so good. I wouldn't agree on the reload projectile staying at the first place, but then they will have to rework a whole LC, which i don't think they can gather time from their "busy" schedule to do so.
    I keep seeing people say that with full mana, Imani can do 2k damage in an instant. Maybe I'm missing something but I've NEVER had to do this when playing her or playing against her. If her mana is full and you try to charge her fire, she immediately shoots a small fire ball (for whatever little damage those do) and then you can charge a full powered one. I'd like to know how people are able to shoot two full powered fire balls instantly.

As far as her root, why is it that whenever someone talks about Imani's "2.5 second root" they NEVER mention that you only get it to 2.5 seconds by using 5 loadout point and they also NEVER mention a little thing called resilience. Resilience is in the game LITERALLY FOR ABILITIES LIKE THIS. Resilience 3 takes her max root down to .25 seconds...a quarter of 1 second.