Thread: Ying Buff and Resonance talent modification

Beta Player Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 84
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered

Lightbulb Ying Buff and Resonance talent modification

I think they should change some things in ying, since now all the champions have modified card and talents.

For example, Ying has a cart called "Carry on" which increases the illusion's duration 1/2/3/4/5s. I think Ying must have +3s more duration in her illusions and the card could be modified to 0.40/0.80/1.20/1.60/2.00s (like it was done with Skye's hidden skill and Cloak card). Since "Carry on" is a must have card on all loadouts with a level 3, having this you're able to put two illusions at the same time. Without this card or without it at level 3, you only can have one illusion at the same time.
    This idea is to give Ying more alternatives in a loadout and to not depend always to this card.

Now about Resonance talent, this talent is VERY effective to do damage and recharge the ult very often, the problem is that until you charge your ult, your team lacks of healing. My idea is to modify this talent to: If an Illusion is killed o Shatter is used deals 500 damage and X amount of healing in AoE. If an Illusion is expired by time or by Dimensional Link only heals the same X amount. With this talent modification, Ying wouldn't depend to ONLY ONE talent (Life Exchange), which in my opinion is boring because you have to focus only in aiming your allies without being able to do damage and makes you vulnerable.

Also the card "Spring Forward" could be modified, since it has very little impact (0.70/1.40/2.10/2.80/3.50s) and Dimensional Link is a skill with 14s cooldown, this card could have a healing per second for a better defense.

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Oh, my, this thread is SO DAMN WRONG, I don’t know where to start.

>> Since "Carry on" is a must have card on all loadouts with a level 3
    Carry On is a quite useless card. It makes your enemies to shoot sooner at clones, it makes them to buy Bulldozer, plus, having a clone lasting longer is a waste. It is better to refresh clones position often, than to keep one in a place where no one is standing anymore. I think I’ve never used Carry On in any single loadout of mine and I have 100 levels on Ying only on main account.

>> Without this card or without it at level 3, you only can have one illusion at the same time.
    No.

>> This idea is to give Ying more alternatives in a loadout and to not depend always to this card.
    Actually, the only must have card in Ying’s loadout is REWIND. That’s why Geste, in another thread, asked to have Rewind 1 introduced in base kit.

>> the problem is that until you charge your ult, your team lacks of healing
    Only if you’re not good in using it. Hint: place clones, WAIT FOR THE FIRST HEALING BEAM, destroy clones. With Rewind recreating, you are actually exploiting the first healing beam reducing the healing-beam-frequency. You are actually healing more than by leaving the clones there
    I suggest you to remove shitty Carry On and re-think your Resonance loadout, because it’s clear you’re not doing it good.

>> If an Illusion is killed o Shatter is used deals 500 damage and X amount of healing in AoE
    *And Ying would be broken af*. Resonance is the only Ying’s talent that requires skill: the skill to understand when to heal and when to deal dmg. If you want this removed, playing Ying would have no sense. Please, consider picking Life Exchange and go for a brainless play style.

>> Also the card "Spring Forward" could be modified, since it has very little impact (0.70/1.40/2.10/2.80/3.50s) and Dimensional Link is a skill with 14s cooldown, this card could have a healing per second for a better defense.
    As said, you have absolutely no idea in how to play Resonance. That card could be buffed? Well, I would not spit on a buff as 0.9/1.8/2.7/3.6/4.2, but if you think it’s useless, then you have understood anything of Resonance play style.
    That card was used in great times when dim link pre-fire was 0.1 to spam clones with Rewind. At tier 4 was good enough to re-create 2 complete sets of clones, shatter them, and recreate them again. As said, you heal, destroy, recreate, heal, destroy, recreate and heal. You’ve healed for 3 cycles, shattering twice. That’s what that card is used for.

I’m from cell phone and I can’t check your loadouts, but, seriously, consider to trash it altogether and start from scratch. The only things Ying needs is: 1) unnerf Brittle, 2) unnerf dim link pre-fire, 3) nerf healing output with RMB of Life Exchange. And if we really want to give Resonance its old glory, for Resonance only, give us back our old ulti, aka the explosion at the end of it, in the position where our allies are.

Level
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 195
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkure View Post
    >> If an Illusion is killed o Shatter is used deals 500 damage and X amount of healing in AoE
    *And Ying would be broken af*.
    Yeah, I concur, as a Resonance Ying main myself. Give me this, and you'll have to kill me to prevent my team from winning basically every point battle, at least until you've got Caut 3.
    Give your Ying a big hug!

"If fascism comes ... it will probably be wrapped up in the American flag and heralded as a plea for liberty and preservation of the constitution."

— James Waterman Wise, Jr.

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it."

— Martin Luther King, Jr.

Level
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 10000 Experience Points Tagger First Class 1 year registered Forum Tier 4
    Haha I saw this post a while back and was going to respond, but Valkure beat me to it. Turns out she and I have similar (but not totally the same) ideas of how to play Res Ying. Valkure is the Res Ying queen.
    Take this game I posted in the Happy Thread a few days ago. A nice warm-up game. My Ying does best with a tank and a team willing to work together. I'm still only level 37 with her -- I'm still learning more about positioning and techniques every day. Take this Ying away from me and I'd probably stop playing ^^

I'm a Ying main

On a quest to collect all Ying skins. Missing:
    -Quicksilver

Beta Player Grand Prince MrsCrii's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 260
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 2
    I just can't get over this claim of only being able to have 1 illusion on the field at a time without cards. Illusions have a 5 second cool down...and last for 8 seconds. That's at base, with no cards or Talents. Where the hell is this fallacy coming from?!

Beta Player Sovereign Prince SiderumNocte's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 380
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanintox
    Now about Resonance talent, this talent is VERY effective to do damage and recharge the ult very often, the problem is that until you charge your ult, your team lacks of healing. My idea is to modify this talent to: If an Illusion is killed o Shatter is used deals 500 damage and X amount of healing in AoE. If an Illusion is expired by time or by Dimensional Link only heals the same X amount. With this talent modification, Ying wouldn't depend to ONLY ONE talent (Life Exchange), which in my opinion is boring because you have to focus only in aiming your allies without being able to do damage and makes you vulnerable.
    So basically you want a talent to do all the healing for you without putting in any work...

Also the card "Spring Forward" could be modified, since it has very little impact (0.70/1.40/2.10/2.80/3.50s) and Dimensional Link is a skill with 14s cooldown, this card could have a healing per second for a better defense.
    I've actually created a loadout where Spring Forward has a huge impact, well a 2s impact, and if you want DL to have shorter CD run Efficiency which reduces the CD of DL by 1s per level.

Maybe this could be talent if they put Focusing Lens into Ying's base kit.

For example, Ying has a cart called "Carry on" which increases the illusion's duration 1/2/3/4/5s. I think Ying must have +3s more duration in her illusions and the card could be modified to 0.40/0.80/1.20/1.60/2.00s (like it was done with Skye's hidden skill and Cloak card). Since "Carry on" is a must have card on all loadouts with a level 3, having this you're able to put two illusions at the same time. Without this card or without it at level 3, you only can have one illusion at the same time.
    This idea is to give Ying more alternatives in a loadout and to not depend always to this card.
    Cloak: Hidden Lasts 1s (Per level). Max of 5s.
    Skye had her movement speed taken away from Hidden.

I mean in the end if you want a Ying buff join the "Focusing Lens in Ying's Base Kit" club.
    Call me the Forefather of the movement because I've been rocking this position for quite some time.
    Patch 1.4 Ying Best Healer in the Damn Game.

Support Skye is a better healer than Jenos.