Thread: Frontlines Should be Nerfed

Beta Player Viscount rrichglitch's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 43
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered

Post Frontlines Should be Nerfed

ok, unpopular opinion here but honestly I think the majority of frontlines should get nerf in either damage or mobility. As it is now they give squishies too hard of a time and they're just more valuable in almost every way when compared to the other classes.

I play fernando a good little bit and I was kinda sad to see hot pursuit go. But I will tell you that as a DPS main not having to worry so much of just getting walked down by an enemy nando is actually great. Its one of those things that isnt readily apparent on paper but that movement speed was actually too much when coupled with his damage potential and health pool and Im sure it contributed handsomely to his winrate.Now for example I dont really want to nerf nando anymore as I feel hes in a pretty good spot right now and in fact should be used as a sort of bar that the other tanks should more fall in line with.

Khan:
    I think its important to remember that getting "walked" down by an enemy tank is a very real problem and it was such a problem that it has been addressed a few times in the past with nerfs to movement speed in one form or another to both the aforementioned Fernando as well as Inara. Right now Im absolutely certain this is the problem with khan and why hes banned so much. he can simply walk his big beefy health pool at you with no problems and your only option is to run if you can even manage that, which often you cant. fixing this is pretty simple.

khans weapon should apply a 20% self slow when fired.

khans storm of bullets talent should have its bonus ammo reduced from 10 to 6 because having more and more ammo just further contributes to holding w and overwhelming the enemy.

and lastly for khan I believe vortex grips stun duration should be reduced from 2 to 1.5 seconds. This is because on demand hard cc should NEVER be longer than 1 second unless its on an ult. as it is now hitting a squishy with this is a guaranteed kill and it never feels good to be on the receiving end.

with these 3 mild nerfs I think we'll finally see a better rounded and balanced khan that doesnt need to be banned.

Atlas:
    atlas feels pretty balanced except for his sniping capability so I believe his fall off should be increased

Makoa:
    makoa has fragged hard for a long time so to decrease his lethality It might be good to slightly reduce his projectile speed there by reducing his effective range.
    Last edited by rrichglitch; 05-08-2019 at 07:53 PM.
    ma nema jeff

Level
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by rrichglitch View Post
    Khan:
    and lastly for khan I believe vortex grips stun duration should be reduced from 2 to 1.5 seconds. This is because on demand hard cc should NEVER be longer than 1 second unless its on an ult. as it is now hitting a squishy with this is a guaranteed kill and it never feels good to be on the receiving end.
    Buy resilience, the talent becomes useless.

khans storm of bullets talent should have its bonus ammo reduced from 10 to 6 because having more and more ammo just further contributes to holding w and overwhelming the enemy.
    Tell that to Vivian. :P
    Just because I play on the Nintendo Switch, doesn’t automatically mean I’m bad.
    Console needs in-game chat!

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Excuse me, I am perplexed. Can you further explain your point of view? Not about the specific balance action, but about the general concept. In particular:
    "As it is now they give squishies too hard of a time and their winrates are too good. In general frontlines are just too good when compared to the other classes": actually squishy means "a champ low in HP and with abilities in cooldown that is retreating from the fight", so OF COURSE, if you're almost dead, you MUST have hard time in trying to fight a full HP tank. Add to that the fact that many flankers (those designed JUST to kil squishy) can melt a tank in about 2 seconds with their insane burst dmg. A flank approaching a mid to full HP tank should die, period (I am considering similar skill level of players, here, not a super pro flanker against a noob tank).

"as a DPS main not having to worry so much of just getting walked down by an enemy nando is actually great" I am a support main. Supports have been nerfed on mobility, HP, dps and CC. Flanknando was a problem for we couldn't escape, nor fight back, so I am happy too that he has been somehow nerfed. But. But if you're a DD main, you should NEVER had any problem in facing Nando: keep your distance, avoid his fire ball while pressing A and D, then shoot back, your dps are more than his. So the only things I can consider about you, losing against Nando, is 1) you were using Willo or 2) you were worse than Nando player. In both cases the thing was perfectly logic.

In general: considering tanks are just trying to do their job (aka: be tanky) and stay alive as much as they can, why you aren't complaining, instead, that flankers are doing your (DD) job better than your class?
    Please, help me understand.
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

#AggressiveSupports
    I'm tired of repeating the same things, watch this: link

"It's just Casual/ Go Ranked if you want a decent team/You are low tier, so you're bad." Rage

Beta Player Grand Prince M3RC3N4RI0's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 199
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 5000 Experience Points Forum Tier 3 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by rrichglitch View Post
    As it is now they give squishies too hard of a time and their winrates are too good.
    In fact tanks have an average winrate at best if you compare with other classes.