Thread: How the hell anti-gravity stones work in Warden map?

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3

Angry How the hell anti-gravity stones work in Warden map?

Half of the time I jump into those light blue columns, instead of being pushed above, I finish directly into crevasse. Can someone tell me how the hell do they work???

Level
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 31 days registered Tagger First Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    You need to be very careful with them. The first time I was on the map, I jumped straight into them and met swift death. I avoid jumping into them and too close to the edge - I always aim between the stones and the wall in front of me. If I jump from the high ground, I don't care - it never let me fell, so I simply keep myself in the "wind" area.

Level
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 30
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    they allow you one jump within the range of the stones If you try to stay in them however you immediately fall than into the water below.
    Ign: FarceDawn
    Mains: Kinessa (almost 200 hours), Strix, Maeve, Evie, Ash, Ying, and Pip.
    Come and play a match with me if you have time I enjoy nice non-toxic games and love making strategies with teammates when doing comp.

Check out my Champions
    Champion Concepts:

Lan the Cheery Brawler

Louie the Lion-Hearted

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Sorry, I haven't understood. I am on my horse, I jump from the ground to reach them and... sometimes I fly, sometimes I fall. Which is the difference?

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 31 days registered Tagger First Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkure View Post
    Sorry, I haven't understood. I am on my horse, I jump from the ground to reach them and... sometimes I fly, sometimes I fall. Which is the difference?
    As I said, if you jump straight into those stones, sometimes you can "hit" the "walls" and then you will stop dashing forward, as FarceDawn mentioned, and therefore, you will fall. Instead of directing yourself at them, try jumping in the space between them and the "building" in front of you. You don't have to target yourself at the stones - these are only for decoration. And for obstacle. Air around them will carry you forward.

EDIT. And always keep yourself "moving" forward. It can happen that if you start maneouvring around, you will fall if you don't exit the air area fast enough.

Level
    Achievements:
    Hmmm, ok, I think I'll do some tests in custom games :-/

Beta Player Esquire SebyReaver2099's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points Forum Tier 2 1 year registered
    Funny thing is, some champions abilities will completely ignore the floaty mechanics and drop you straight down... happened when I was playing Pip once, I activated Weightless thinking it would boost me in the crystal thing but I fell straight down

I'll be testing with different champs abilities later today to see which ones completely ignore it
    THIS IS A GOOD GAME

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by SebyReaver2099 View Post
    Funny thing is, some champions abilities will completely ignore the floaty mechanics and drop you straight down... happened when I was playing Pip once, I activated Weightless thinking it would boost me in the crystal thing but I fell straight down

I'll be testing with different champs abilities later today to see which ones completely ignore it
    Really? I used some abilities with various champions while in the air and it never dropped me down... But I don't play Pip, so maybe it's strictly his problem (and didn't his ability make him go up and down immediately? I think this is the main reason he went down)

Level
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 30
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayakri View Post
    Really? I used some abilities with various champions while in the air and it never dropped me down... But I don't play Pip, so maybe it's strictly his problem (and didn't his ability make him go up and down immediately? I think this is the main reason he went down)
    Could be that when you use the ability it is programmed to send you straight down and the floaty mechanics of the crystal are ignored since it would cause some kind of conflict with the overall ability mechanic.
    Ign: FarceDawn
    Mains: Kinessa (almost 200 hours), Strix, Maeve, Evie, Ash, Ying, and Pip.
    Come and play a match with me if you have time I enjoy nice non-toxic games and love making strategies with teammates when doing comp.

Check out my Champions
    Champion Concepts:

Lan the Cheery Brawler

Louie the Lion-Hearted

Beta Player Marquess Shadowpuppy's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 49
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    You jump into the wind not the stone. If you jump in from the far side it will send you flying up in the air if you get all the way to the wall you can stay low.
    If your teams SUCKS and you find that you can not do anything,... You Suck!

The road to recovery lies in admitting You SUCK!

Doing well with a good team is no indication of true skill.
    Stop name calling an admit that you can do better, and you will.

DONT BE AFRAID TO DIE, ITS THE ONLY WAY TO LEARN NOT TOO...

Mains & Sub Mains
    • Makoa ------- Drogoz
    • Maeve ------- Cassie
    • Viktor -------- Barik
    • Lian ---------- Lex