View Poll Results: What would you prefer?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Leave the Battlepass as is

5 62.50%
  • Return of VIP and optimize it

2 25.00%
  • other

1 12.50%

Thread: Battlepass: A problem Child

Level
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 47
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered

Exclamation Battlepass: A problem Child

Hey there, y'all.

There are some problems I have with the current model of battlepass and some minor complaints about how the batlepass itself is handled and functions.

1. The gratest problem of them all is the encore-track, or, as it is called with the next battlepass, the extra-track. I am not bothered that there are exta goodies to work towards, I rather dislike what it means for free players or people, who decide to buy the battlepass late.
    If you reach Lv. 50 in the free path, every game you play is not counted into anything. THe earned experience vanishes into the Abyss. In addiion to that, the extra-track feels like a cheap excuse to go back on the original "payed and free track are equaly long, but if you pay you get extra stuff".
    The so called extra-track also is no extra. In the first and second battlepass, in the payed track you got 100% bonus experience through personal boosters. Seeing as they were scattered through the main Battle pass and the "extra"-track I dare say that the "extra" is borderline false advertisement.

2. The battlepass model is very exausting for people that don't have much time on their hand. Especially when at the end of it all is a limited skin that you can't get any other way.
    Limited skins should never ever be at the end of intense grind, except if they are part of competetive play. If a limited skin under any other circumstance should be grindable, give players the option to direct purchase for a reasonable price (and be it 1600 crystals). That way people can decide if they want to spend large amounts of time to farm or get the cool skin and go to town with it.

3. Why was the limited skin a recolor? Especialy after removing other normal recolors (still salty about my blue ying being gone) this is kinda questionable.

4. Please get your timers right. Yesterday the timer jumped from "5 days remaining" to "1 day remaining".

5. Some of the quests were borderline crazy. Kill 5 people with Fernandos charge after being hit with fireball? Insane amounts of healing for next to no experience? Please, be more reasonable with that.

Finally I would like to propose that after the next three pattlepasses are done we return to the VIP system. The free grind was intensely slow(50 VIP points on win for stuff that cost 20 000 minimum) and you could speed things up by subscribing for a week or directly purchse VIP points. The player could do things at his own pace. Skins weren't lost forever and might rotate in and out of the shop. And if there was that one cool skin you needed to have you could spend real money to get VIP points and therefore the skin.
    VIP points were basically grindable crystals for a unique shop.

Than you.
    Support Champion Concept: Ventus, Will of the Storm
    Damage Champion Concept: Leopold, The Heart of Courage

Check out my moveset ideas for Valera and Karne

Some of my posts have hidden messages! Have fun finding them!

Beta Player Sovereign Prince CrazyLasagna's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 190
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    You haven't played for that long have you. There were multiple older currency systems, including the VIP points. Everyone hated the living crap out of them. Reintroducing them would probably not be a good idea (I personally didn't mind them though). Overall though, I like the battlepass as is. The battlepass is catered to dedicated players, you pay less for the whole package, but you gotta put in more effort instead. This seems to be a perfectly balanced tradeoff to me; if you don't have that much time, too bad. The battlepass isnt for you; buy some chests or something.
    "I will... SMITE you. Hohohohoho." - Grover

"I got you a gift! It's not a knife... ok it might be a knife." -Merrymaker Maeve

"Big foot, Neh. Nice guy. Ooh small feet though.." -Abominable Terminus

"This is a hot team! It is like a normal team, but with me in it!" - Fernando

"Give a man a torch and he will be warm for a few hours. Burn his home to the ground while he sleeps and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." -Zhin

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I played ever since maeve hit the scen in Beta. I saw the rise and fall of essence, parts and pieces and the VIP system.
    And I myself prefer the VIP system over the battle pass.

The "buy some chests" is nice, but why the exclusivity? Why should a less dedicated player not be able to get the same things? Don't dedicated players already get rewards for competetive?
    There are already chests for the first two battle passes and if they should constantly reapear it is a system I support. If that is the case, I don't care if the battle pass is there or not. But don't hide exclusive items behind grinds that need you to put in months of work without doing anything else.

Let's whip people that work long jobs but love the game, why don't we.

Beta Player Sovereign Prince SiderumNocte's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 376
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 2
    I actually didn't mind the VIP System. It just need a slight increase in the amount of VIP you gained.
    People hated the grind not the idea of the VIP System.

I think the Battle Pass is partially inferior to the VIP System and in some ways superior.
    Hi-Rez has a track record of getting things partially right and mostly wrong.
    What was great about the VIP system was that once you bought you owned it.
    What I find funny about the Battle Pass is you're paying crystals for the "Potential" to own something. If you don't complete the Battle Pass then you don't get what was left. In the this regard the Battle Pass is more of a buffet where pay up front to Potentially eat all you can. The limit then becomes the persons ability to get the most out of it.

Where the Battle Pass does surpass the VIP system is the overall Value.
    Patch 1.4 Ying Best Healer in the Damn Game.

Support Skye is a better healer than Jenos.

Beta Player Baron
    Level
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 35
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyLasagna View Post
    Everyone hated the living crap out of them
    err... speak for yourself? It would be much appreciated, thank you

VIP system was great, it won't come back, we've this shitty Battlebass that's becoming another cancer of game industry but, at least, definetly not the worst option. To be honest the deal of the day gives good chances to get great stuff to less 'dedicated' players too, as long as they manage to, at least, login daily. If someone doesn't even have that time well, he shouldn't be surprised for not being considerated that much

Level
    Achievements:
    Okay, I have now added a poll about "what you prefer".
    Let's see what this forum thinks.

Beta Player Sovereign Prince CrazyLasagna's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 190
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by yokopokomayoko View Post
    err... speak for yourself? It would be much appreciated, thank you
    It was removed because so many people hated it. Maybe it's that idea that you don't miss something until it's gone? Idk. I personally neither loved nor hated the VIP system. It worked for me. Of course, I also bought all of my VIP points so that could easily be the reason why I have a different opinion. As for the battlepass, I think it's fine as is. It's targeted towards hardcore players. If you're not hardcore, don't buy it. Also, I was not under the impression that it took all that much work to complete. I completed the entire thing within a month, and I'm not a hardcore player.
    "I will... SMITE you. Hohohohoho." - Grover

"I got you a gift! It's not a knife... ok it might be a knife." -Merrymaker Maeve

"Big foot, Neh. Nice guy. Ooh small feet though.." -Abominable Terminus

"This is a hot team! It is like a normal team, but with me in it!" - Fernando

"Give a man a torch and he will be warm for a few hours. Burn his home to the ground while he sleeps and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." -Zhin

Forum Moderator Grand Prince Peinzius's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 377
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Tagger First Class
    I think battlepasses do have some problems, but they are a lot better than the VIP system. Another currency isn't what the game needs, it just confuses new players and makes the game overall more messy. The battlepasses actually allow you to get skins on a regular basis, instead of maybe 1 skin every few months. I played pretty regularly and could only ever afford 1 VIP skin (until they gave lots of points for CU then I got lots of free stuff >=D).

The battlepasses offer certain ways of getting skins at really discounted prices. The negative of needing to grind for skins is offset by the really cheap price of the battlepass. Multiple chests, avatars, emotes/MVPs and a minimum of 3 epic skins for 500/600 crystals is completely worth the grind in my opinion.
    *Disclaimer*: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.

Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the forum's Code of Conduct.

Need technical or account help? Submit a support ticket!

"I take super hot showers because I like to practice burning in hell."

Level
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 100
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    I dont mind so much... at least the battlepass is clear about what you would gain. The old VIP system too, buuuut there was an issue for highest TIER VIP that bored everyone.

It is also a strategy for players keep playing the game.

What I do really hate about the game monetization is the lootbox system. Everyone else is fine to me.

Level
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 90
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    I don't know the VIP system but I like the Battlepass and I think the new Battle Suit is the best one.

Quote Originally Posted by Syeeto View Post
    1. The gratest problem of them all is the encore-track, or, as it is called with the next battlepass, the extra-track. I am not bothered that there are exta goodies to work towards, I rather dislike what it means for free players or people, who decide to buy the battlepass late.
    If you reach Lv. 50 in the free path, every game you play is not counted into anything. THe earned experience vanishes into the Abyss.
    This is incorrect. My friend bought the Battlepass 3 two day ago (in offer at 450 crystals) and he got all rewards/levels up to lvl 75. Now he is at level 80 and maybe he can complete it in the weekend with the double battlepass xp.

2. The battlepass model is very exausting for people that don't have much time on their hand. Especially when at the end of it all is a limited skin that you can't get any other way.
    Limited skins should never ever be at the end of intense grind, except if they are part of competetive play. If a limited skin under any other circumstance should be grindable, give players the option to direct purchase for a reasonable price.
    It's not hard. You have two months and several ways for to get more XP (daily rewards, boosters, double xp event,...). Moreover, You can buy the Battle Passport now.

I'm agree about the Limited skin, better to change it in Unlimited for the battlepass. Anyway, in the Battlepass 4 we no have Limited cosmetic items.

5. Some of the quests were borderline crazy. Kill 5 people with Fernandos charge after being hit with fireball? Insane amounts of healing for next to no experience? Please, be more reasonable with that.
    Yes, some challenges are demanding but a challenge is a challenge.

I hope They will improve the content of the next events, but the Battlepass is ok for me.
    Last edited by coremaxp1; 01-10-2019 at 04:33 AM.
    WEKONO'S CHOSEN