Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Would Buy It

3 33.33%
  • Needs More Discussion

6 66.67%
  • No Dimitri?

0 0%

Thread: Blue Card: Persistence (Harmful Status Effect Protection)

Beta Player Count
    Level
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 56
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered

Blue Card: Persistence (Harmful Status Effect Protection)

Item Shop Card: Persistence

Price: 200 / 400 / 600

Effect:
    Reduce the Duration of Harmful Effects by 20/40/60%.

Breakdown:
    What is a harmful effect? I'm talking about things like Burning, Poison, Reveal effects that persist over a gradual duration. Non controlling harmful effects that effect you though Resilience.

Ever been torched by Nando, to any chump without an ability the negate the flames, they get burned at a mere tick for 200 over 2s.
    Mal Poison, Skye poison are similar in this aspect.
    And I believe there will be many new abilities to come that will fall into this area.

Ok So..

Currently there is no real defence against these elements other then taking the appropriate damage resistance. Which means that hostile effects such as damage over time can play a detrimental role throughout the game and not be countered by items in the shop beyond damage application.

It is the duration of such hostile effects that plays an interesting role in the way the game plays.

- If a character is being damaged by most damage over time attacks, they lose their ability to get out of combat for several seconds thus losing potential self healing.

- Most champs with no ability to cleanse these effects get put under additional pressure and must zone back to safer grounds by just merely walking into Nando burn, or revealed for eternity by standing in line of sight of Tyra.

By having some in game element that reduces the the duration of such effects would be much greater for players all round while fighting against opponents that can combine damage over time with regular damage.

I think there are certain champions who'd invest credits in building themselves against damage over time effects, then we should see some interesting damage over time effects be implemented in future game design that can be balanced by this item being present. This Item would also be a indirect Buff to stealth champs trying to persist through abusive reveals.

Level
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 137
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered

I approve

Great idea, I would move to this in game.
    #make-ash-angry-again!
    ign:koopa
    Quote Originally Posted by Borvik View Post
    just imagine buck in a speedo...
    flank: Androxus, Evie, Fernando
    damage: strix, bomb King, pip
    tank: makoa, Khan, Buck
    support: furia, jenos, Skye

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 10
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points
    the only time i will waste a slot for this will if skye is being pain otherwise it simiply not worth it , and fire or series's orb(which i think it will work on ) or mark of moji(similar) is not worth it as they are instate and deal damag/stun fast or in case of nando apply constantly

if it was to work on thing like cautrise then sign me up now
    a reduction of .9 second on 3 persistance from 1.5 to .6 is awsome for heal and worth buying for most
    but then i doubt anyone would let this happen as heal meta is problmatic as it is

Super Moderator Sovereign Prince cmsaunli's Avatar
    Protecting a Volcano, and the Ska'drin. (But not Talus)
    Level
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 74
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 Tagger First Class Overdrive 1 year registered 10000 Experience Points
    With % damage being such an incredibly strong thing in the game at the moment (and always has been), I'd definitely vote for it.
    Last edited by cmsaunli; 04-21-2019 at 05:01 AM.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the Forum's Code of Conduct.

BRING BACK PAYLOAD!

Need to submit a Support Ticket? Click me!

Cicero's Official Listener.
    "Legendary Support Makoa Main"

Level
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 58
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    reveal should count as control

Beta Player Count TheMasterSlayer's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 129
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    There not many and the only one worth it would be Skye
    Support-Ying, Grohk, Pip
    Frontline- Torvald, Ash, Inara, Fernando
    Damage- Tyra, Drogoz, BK, Sha lin
    Flank- Maeve, Evie, Skye

YingTheDestroyer

>>>Click Me!<<<

Beta Player Baronet Vampragon43's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 235
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class 5000 Experience Points Forum Tier 3 1 year registered
    This is interesting because there actually was an item almost identical to this at one point during the closed beta. It was called Sterilize. It costed 200 credits and it reduced the duration of Damage Over Time effects by 25%. It was removed presumably because there were very few champions back then that could even inflict DoT effects. Now that there are more of those DoT effects, I think it would be very nice to introduce it into the game once more. Especially since Debilitate is so strong at the moment.

Personally, I think it should be 30% per level rather than 20% to keep it at the same effectiveness as Resilience.

Skye: "So, if Paladins has breasts...

Sombra: "And Overwatch has butts..."

Skye: "...then what does TF2 have?"

Spy: "Legs."

Beta Player Count
    Level
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 56
    Achievements:
    Exactly comrades.
    DoT is an effect in the game and it does need to have its own value.
    However I will stand by the values of 20/40/60
    I'd go as far as being 25/50/75
    But a 90 reduction on all DoT and Harmful debuffs would just uber protection vs these things.
    Armour cards should not provide that much protection. %90 reduction of skyes poison would be too much for example, and a 10s reveal would be lowered to 1s. Too much protection, it cannot be that strong.

Take into account that there are effects like zhins execute ult that is based on DoT, this would outright counter it at high levels and make the ult more of a free zhin frag. It is already countered by CC immunity.