Thread: All you need to know about crossplay

Super Moderator Duke Hexadermia's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3 1 year registered

All you need to know about crossplay

So crossplay has been announced atleast a couple weeks ago and there has been too many misconceptions about it resulting in several complaints that ultimately lead to Wallachia copy pasting:

"Okay, but for posts like this let's use the Rage Thread.

Closed."

So I made this thread in hopes that people actually know what crossplay entails before you post your complaints in the gameplay feedback.

Q. What platforms support crossplay?

As of now, crossplay will be supported on PC, Xbox and Switch. This might be subject to change once 2.01 comes out and whenever Sony finishes their crossplay "beta".

Q. Is crossplay currently on?

No, it is not active as of yet and will be activated next year when 2.01 releases.

Q. How will crossplay affect my matches?

Crossplay will take your hidden rating and try to find the best possible match for you in casual matches regardless of your input method, however, you can turn off that feature so the game only matches you with players of the same input method.

Q. Input methods?

Once 2.01 releases, you will be allowed to use mouse and keyboard controls on console without repercussions (Do not do it now, I am not responsible for your accounts getting banned). Please note that you cannot change your input methods mid match so you can't cheat.

Q. What about my ranked matches?

Ranked will always pair you based on your input and there is no way to turn it off.

If there are any questions that I have missed, please tell me and I will either answer it or add it to the main post.
    Last edited by Hexadermia; 12-11-2018 at 06:30 AM.
    Need help with Nando?

As a volenteer mod, I work on best judgement and I do not speak on behalf of Hirez Studios.

Please read the code of conduct before posting, thank you.

Level
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 93
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points
    I’m most curious to know everyone opinion on pc players and console players playing together. I am scared pc will have the advantage. Yeah console players can use a mouse and key board on console after the update, but how many console players have the gear to do this. Or more so how many have never even played with a mouse and keyboard.

When the switch was given cross play with Xbox the matches were really messed up for a couple weeks because high level Xbox players would desimate switch players. I’m just curious how many people Are thinking similarly. I mean we’ve all wanted separate balancing for the two so I’m curious what issues this can lead too. Some champions are much stronger on console and my biggest worry is these champions will get a sharp decrease in win rate or enjoyment playing against console players.

Although I’m Still excited to be able to play with all of the community, can’t tell y’all how much I’ve wished to play with/against people like Kamivs and frost fangs from YouTube.

I’m sorry this wasn’t very much a question but I figure this is the best place to post this.

Level
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 278
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1 year registered Tagger Second Class Overdrive 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4
    is ps4 part f the cross play?

My ps4 username is the same like my ingame name on pc, will i be able to party up with myself if i have not linked my account?

switch and ps4 have gyro controls while xbox doesn't. So this means xbox players that use a controller are at a disadvantage all the time as long as they don't use mouse and keyboard, what about that?

Super Moderator Duke Hexadermia's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by GeSteYiam View Post
    is ps4 part f the cross play?

My ps4 username is the same like my ingame name on pc, will i be able to party up with myself if i have not linked my account?

switch and ps4 have gyro controls while xbox doesn't. So this means xbox players that use a controller are at a disadvantage all the time as long as they don't use mouse and keyboard, what about that?
    From what I have gathered, ps4 is not part of it yet.

I'm not really sure about the gyro controls but since switch and xb already play with each other, I'm under the assumption that switch players have gyro on.
    Need help with Nando?

As a volenteer mod, I work on best judgement and I do not speak on behalf of Hirez Studios.

Please read the code of conduct before posting, thank you.

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Has anyone studied/verified/whatever if the performance of console players using mouse+keyboard are similar to players on pc?
    Because if you've spent 2 years playing with a controller, I am seriously doubtful about your ability to adapt to mouse+keyboard in one week...
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

#AggressiveSupports
    I'm tired of repeating the same things, watch this: link

"It's just Casual/ Go Ranked if you want a decent team/You are low tier, so you're bad." Rage

Level
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 93
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkure View Post
    Has anyone studied/verified/whatever if the performance of console players using mouse+keyboard are similar to players on pc?
    Because if you've spent 2 years playing with a controller, I am seriously doubtful about your ability to adapt to mouse+keyboard in one week...
    This is my thoughts exactly. Doesn’t help that most console users don’t sit in front of a desk either so a keyboard and mouse is going to be a pain to play with. I’ve played with a controller since the original Xbox came out.

Beta Player Esquire
    Level
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1 year registered Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    you forgot about one important thing. Consoles have autoaim to a small extent but still. Pro PC player will never match the Pro console player

Level
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 96
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    If you have cross play enabled will the match making go by win rate? I'm posting this after cross play was enabled (on switch) my account lvl is 73 and my win rate isn't the best... But I got into three games against kamivs (the real one he had the grandmaster loading frame) got destroyed all 3 games, just wondering why I got matched with a top tier pc player, even though I'm a mid tier console player

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 10
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester
    Why i dont see who play on Xbox or pc or switch in game. I play on Pc