Thread: Reporting really isn't doing anything

Reporting really isn't doing anything

Hey,

I know this topic comes up every once in a while, and this is just another pebble in the avalanche of complaints, but I have to try and make my voice heard. Paladins is a great game, but its community is growing increasingly toxic. And I don't even mean in terms of harassment or verbal abuse (because I can just mute those people). I know I've reported at least 100 people over the past few months for rage quitting, afk, intentional feeding (literally said they were going to feed and ran into the team emoting, NOT playing poorly), etc. In total, I've gotten only two notifications that a player I reported has had an action taken against them. If anything the raging and griefing has gotten a lot worse, including at the Diamond level. Hi-Rez needs to do something about this, or the game's going to hemorrhage players. I'm teetering on leaving after several hundred hours over the past few years.

I know, the reaction is, "Okay, then leave, who cares," and it's like I'm screaming into a void, etc. Look at all of the good games, but even if this is happening one out of every five games, it's still far too much, and it seems to be getting worse. It would be comforting is Hi-Rez or the devs came out and made a statement about this or changed the way they're handling reports, because I know I am not the only person fed up with people quitting and feeding out of anger. It wastes my time and everyone else's time. I don't care if I have bad players on my team, but when an afk Fernando is laughing and emoting in base and running into enemies jumping up and down doing literally nothing else, I have to wonder why I continue to put my time into this game.

Thanks for reading, if nothing else.

Level
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 400
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class Overdrive 1 year registered 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4
    Your best hope would probably be a support ticket. Include information such as the offending user, their offense, and match ID. Make sure to do this while also reporting them in game
    Last edited by Borvik; 11-07-2018 at 11:49 PM.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the Forum's Code of Conduct.

Level
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 45
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    if only few actions are taken for reports it's also because maybe a player is only feeding during two matches for some reasons then starts playing normal again, so at max only 8 people reported him, not enough

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class 25000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3
    The number of people submitting a report does not generally mean that there was an actualy offense. "Physical" evidence such as pictures and videos containing game play footage and/or chat logs are very helpful as well as a clear narrative as to what exactly is or has happened. Some offenders can be very slick and make it look as if they are the victim.

Evidence and a clear and concise report/narrative by one person can help in deciding a player's fate. The number of reports can help, but if those reports are not supported with actual evidence, then it may be decided that no action be taken against the accused. But there may be a flag raised on the person's account for further viewing in the future.

It's not as easy as many people think it is.
    Last edited by Conrad_Max; 11-08-2018 at 04:06 PM.
    The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

I play Paladins: Champions of the Realm on my hardwired and mic'd PlayStation 4.

We are the "balance".

Console login link: https://forumlogin.paladins.com/psn.aspx

Paladins Strike ID - ConradMax.

"Thanks for your support!"

Beta Player Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 54
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2 Closed Beta Tester
    Someone from the steam forums suggested that I post here as well.

As an added note, what is the point of the in-game reporting system if you are expected to submit a support ticket on top of that? If the in-game reporting system doesn't work, why do players have to jump through hoops when it is implied in-game that reporting a player does something? How many players that intentionally ruin games fall through the cracks because the player base doesn't know a support ticket is required for Hi Rex to take action?

Ranked is filled with people who go AFK in games in high Plat/low Diamond, to the point where they just nudge their character once in awhile just to make sure not even a bot takes control. In some cases the person goes AFK for no discernible reason (they didn't complain, we won first point, no reason to rage quit). Our whole team reports these people as we see them but it seems like there are more of them now than there were a month ago or two months ago, with no signs of seeing less of them.

I've heard of people being banned for things like hate speech, but is Hi Rez doing anything about the people who ruin the game for 9 other people? There is no point in playing the game with this occurring like, one in every four games (sometimes more often, sometimes less often).

Really would like someone from the staff to address this if possible. A "hey we're working on it" would be nice at least.

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Actually, me and other players, got a great message in our game. That one of our reports have been followed by a discipline action.
    Just to say that reports do work. In a long time, maybe...

This kind of messages are more often every day. Something has finally started to move at HiRez!
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

#AggressiveSupports
    I'm tired of repeating the same things, watch this: link

"It's just Casual/ Go Ranked if you want a decent team/You are low tier, so you're bad." Go and f**k yourself.

Level
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 45
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    I think they started to take actions for reports,
    I got 2 messages saying they banned someone i reported, in a week