Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: From Steam to stand alone version, without downloading 12 GB and without problems!

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3

From Steam to stand alone version, without downloading 12 GB and without problems!

Hello, everybody. This is a quick guide that hopefully will solve all your issues with the migration from Steam to stand alone version. This is tested for pc. Any issue in the process? Just read here!

So, since the 5th of November, if you have more than one account, you need the stand alone version of the game, because you can link only one game account to your Steam account and it seems that, after the link, creating a new Steam account for Paladins is giving issues.
    That's why you need to download the stand alone version, which is 12 damn GB that cannot be downloaded before uninstalling the Steam version.
    So, follow these steps and you'll be ok.

1) Download the stand alone installer here: http://cds.q6u4m8x5.hwcdn.net/Instal...llPaladins.exe It will create an exe file in your download directory. Leave the file there, for now

2) go into Steam folder in your HD and find the Paladins subfolder. Now cut-paste it into another place. If you paste it into the same HD partition, you don't have to wait (for it is not really moving the files, but just changing the path!). Rename it, in order to avoid that the uninstaller will remove it. I've called it OLDERPaladinsOLDER.

3) enter your Windows Control Panel and choose to uninstall Paladins

4) if you now go to the stand-alone installer, you will discover it's not working, giving an error like "there's already a Paladins version installed on this computer" or "No installation is in need of a fix". That's because we hadn't uninstalled everything. So, go here and download CCleaner: https://www.ccleaner.com/it-it/ccleaner the free version is enough. Install CCleaner.

5) open CCleaner and go into the "Utility" section. Then go to "Uninstall" and enter in the Search form at the right side of that page "hi" just "hi". You will discover that the auto-patcher and the game-fixer have not been uninstalled. Ask CCleaner to uninstall them (note: in case you'd get an error message, it is because you had opened the game or Steam, before uninstalling. Just restart the computer and perform again step #5)

6) now you can finally click on the stand-alone installer. It will start to download stuff from the HiRez site, using the loading screen of the game (you need to put user and password, don't worry, you are not linking anything, you can use whatever account you like). After some minutes, check in the installation folder if the installer has created the folder-tree. If yes, then go back to the game loading screen and press the pause button on the bottom-left of it:

7) after you have stopped the installer, go back to your dear OLDERPaladinsOLDER and copy (not cut, because if something goes wrong, you need to perform the step again) everything is inside it in the corresponding folder of the new installation. To be clear: enter OLDERPaladinsOLDER, select everything inside it, copy, go to the HiRez folder, Games, Paladins and inside Paladins, paste everything. If you get the prompt to overwrite the file already there, say "No".

8) restart your pc, just to be sure that the installer is not working.

9) if you try to restart the installer, you will get tons of problems and the game will download from the start again. DON'T DO IT! Open, instead, HiRez utility to fix the installation (it has created an icon on your desktop on its own, while installing Paladins). Ask the utility to fix the installation. To me, it downloaded just 58MB and then... magic!, the stand alone version was there, without downloading 12GB, yeaaaaaaaaaaaah!

10) play.
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

#AggressiveSupports
    I'm tired of repeating the same things, watch this: link

"It's just Casual/ Go Ranked if you want a decent team/You are low tier, so you're bad." Rage

Member Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 6
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class 250 Experience Points 31 days registered Closed Beta Tester
    Interesting way to uninstall programs but why not
    Perhaps for CCleaner fans will interesting builds , instead of default download options, because not everyone interested in toolbars or prefer to use portable version.

Super Moderator Emperor Wallachia's Avatar
    Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger Second Class 50000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3 Forum Tier 2
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender

Huehuahuehuahue.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the Forum's Code of Conduct.

HiRezAlyssa's Personal Power Ranger and Head Mod of Paladins Forums.

If it's for the good of all and general happiness of the nation, I am ready. Tell the people I'll stay!

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Hey, it's part of the "For Dummies Book" series u.u
    I've finally found it!

#AggressiveSupports

"It's just Casual/ Go Ranked if you want a decent team/You are low tier, so you're bad." Rage

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 25
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points
    Hi, after i wrote the support 2 days ago to disconnect my game from steam and i did not get a single answer (buhhh) i found this article looking for a solution. It worked wonderfully, after half an hour everything was as it should be, thanks for that.

Level
    Achievements:
    Yeah, happy to be of help! ^^
    I've finally found it!

#AggressiveSupports

Level
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 90
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points
    I already tried that solution did everything step by step but in the last step my Hirez utility must detect those copied files but it didn't it just continue It downloading those 12 gig files now I'm downloading that from launcher hope it works . . .

Level
    Achievements:
    Have you started the "fixing installation" routine? I can post screenshots this evening, not before.
    I've finally found it!

#AggressiveSupports

Beta Player Sovereign Prince SiderumNocte's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 149
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 2
    Is it me or does the standalone launcher just suck?

Feels like ever since I downloaded my frames are just dropping hard. I mean like I'm in the 100's as far FPS and it's dropping to like 30 which is like what?

I'm getting better performance in Overwatch, Black Ops 4, and Destiny 2, Quake Champions all games that require far more of your computer than Paladins.

On a different note: I tried downloading the standalone but it didn't work even though I had already uninstalled on steam. It said the game was already downloaded. Well it turns out it, it was talking about the PTS, so I had to uninstall that through the Hi-Rez Diagnostics and Support app. After that it worked except it took forever to download.

I'm almost damn sure that I was able to download a 80 GB game faster than these measly 12-15 GB.
    I miss steam already, I hope they revert it back.
    Patch 1.4 Ying Best Healer in the Damn Game.

Support Skye is a better healer than Jenos.

Level
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 90
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points
    Hey, guys at least I download it, unfortunately, it didn't work I downloaded 13 Gigs from that launcher but the main problem didn't solve . . . anyway thanks for your solution ''Valkure'' hope it works for others so they can enjoy paladins again .