Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Jenos' balancing suggestions

Level
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 90
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 5000 Experience Points Forum Tier 3 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkure View Post
    The point is that Jenos has not be made with the idea of keeping alive a double tank composition, but to provide constant buff to the team. Trying to force Jenos in playing as Seris is stupid.
    Pick a Seris, instead.
    The idea of Celestial Touch is to heal tanks, since the percentage heal is better on high HP targets. It just got nerfed. If I remember right it was no problem to heal tanks with it at first. Almost no one played luminary when Jenos was new.

Beta Player Viscount
    Level
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 121
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    [QUOTE=Valkure;553083]I've reported this sentence because it's incredibly funny, considering your words below :-D [QUOTE]
    You literally looked at my account and started touting that I know nothing based upon your findings.
    And now you are reporting me for having an issue with that.
    Wow... Just... Wow

What makes you think I'm attacking you?
    You've pretty much been discrediting each of my posts, without anything tangible to dispute my point.
    Then in the end you had to go to my champion experience to gain this
    [QUOTE=Valkure;553083]"I've proven that I know enough about all roles in the game, but you are still the one playing Jenos 8 times"[QUOTE] pious stance over me.
    You just continue insult me.

If I say Jenos healing feels pathetic.
    I'm not saying I want a series to heal me,
    I'm saying, I have to retreat AND get out of combat. (A POINT I HAVE ALREADY MADE)

IN ADDITION HEALING TALENT IS PATHETIC
    And really needs to be thought out.

It is detrimental to the safety and sustain of a tank.
    And every support can provide better, faster recovery healing in this area.
    I mean it.
    I was really annoyed that they made a damage style support that had no base ability to heal themselves outside of loadout cards and really needed to be assisted to do anything worthwhile in game.

In my mind.
    Jenos cannot have more healing on his mark,
    As you cannot have uncounterilbe healing that can mitigate a majority of certain classes DPS values as it makes it too hard to kill anything.
    However if Jenos healed himself and nearby allies for 120 per sec while in stellar wind.
    He would be more of a force to be reckoned with.
    Constantly topping and refilling his hp at the expense of dealing damage, and making actions in this state.
    This would provide Jenos a reason to have a CD applied to astral mark.
    This would make Jenos a touch harder to kill while retreating when combined with his loadout cards to restore hp with mark and DR in stellar wind.
    This would also give anyone willing to peel away a foe for Jenos a little boost and a fighting advantage.
    This form of healing is something that you look to counter via zoning Jenos out using damage.

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by M3RC3N4RI0 View Post
    The idea of Celestial Touch is to heal tanks, since the percentage heal is better on high HP targets. It just got nerfed. If I remember right it was no problem to heal tanks with it at first. Almost no one played luminary when Jenos was new.
    It was also quite OP and that's why it has been nerfed. The problem is that, as usual, they OVER nerfed it and now Jenos is shit, especially for the biggest problems of supports, being seen as healing bots and not as champs.

Quote Originally Posted by AyyDimitri View Post
    You literally looked at my account and started touting that I know nothing based upon your findings.
    And now you are reporting me for having an issue with that.
    No. Actually I'd read your sentences, understood you know nothing about supports and that you were speaking as if the only living reason of support players was to make tanks become dmg sponges, then I laughed and then I've checked guru to see if I was right. And, as usual, I was. It's some sort of personal bet on myself, if I can understand when someone has no idea in how to play support.
    I was wrong only once.

You've pretty much been discrediting each of my posts, without anything tangible to dispute my point.
    Dispute? There's no need to dispute, you have totally forgotten CAUTERIZE. It is enough to make all your posts wrong.
    Supports here (supports, not HEALERS) are designed to reduce the out-of-combat time, not to make you an invincible wall, able to resist 9M dmg. You HAVE TO retreat, that's why saying Jenos is useless for you have to retreat, to make heals useful, is absurd.
    Even Seris can't keep you there forever. When caut2 sets in, Seris is already 70% useless. The way this game is designed IS EXACTLY that you have to retreat for being healer and the fact that you are complaining about that is a problems. You're not here since a week, you have a decent player-level. How it is that you haven't yet understood that you MUST retreat for heals, BY DESIGN?

I was really annoyed that they made a damage style support that had no base ability to heal themselves outside of loadout cards and really needed to be assisted to do anything worthwhile in game.
    Jenos was great for the game, the problem has been the 9th nerf in a row. His dmg reduced, his LC with self-bonus dmg eliminated, his speed nerfed twice, the cooldown on F introduced...
    He was meant to be a sustaining heals with some good dmg and mobility. But of course, if you eliminate dmg, mobility and reduce heals, what do you expect to get?
    An useless champ, as he is now. He is still picked only because he's easy to play as healing bot, but for that, Seris is more useful.
    Jenos was never meant to keep others alive in the middle of a fight, but only to constant buff them in many ways (dmg, faster recovery). The nowadays problem with Jenos is that he cannot stay alive, so half of the time he is escaping or respawning.
    And his usefulness is almost zero for this reason.
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

#AggressiveSupports
    I'm tired of repeating the same things, watch this: link

"It's just Casual/ Go Ranked if you want a decent team/You are low tier, so you're bad." Go and f**k yourself.

Level
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 123
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 1 year registered 10000 Experience Points
    I was really annoyed that they made a damage style support that had no base ability to heal themselves outside of loadout cards and really needed to be assisted to do anything worthwhile in game
    And they continue the trend with Furia (at least she has DPS tho)
    thank you for curing my Paladins addiction

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    They were both good at release (Jenos a bit OP). The problem was the massive nerf that happened later. If you craete a dps hybrid and then you remove the dps part, then you remain with a bad healer.
    I've finally found it!

#AggressiveSupports

"It's just Casual/ Go Ranked if you want a decent team/You are low tier, so you're bad." Go and f**k yourself.

Beta Player Viscount
    Level
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 121
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I love this whole discussion, your assumption that I am some redneck neanderthal brick head behemoth player head FL main who does not understand the basic principles of the game.... Thanks....

And again you piously accuse me of not knowing anything about supports....
    After you saw my account you should have also seen that two of my top three champs are supports.
    One of them is Grover... The other is Grohk...

I'm not impressed, insulted by how you have addressed me so far Val.
    Do you really read what I write...? Or do you just focus on the bits you disfavour?

Cause I went on a rant about how Jenos basic heal was too strong for low dps champs to kill their targets without caut (lvl2 in some cases.)
    Now its heal value is very weak that the effects of cauterise make it easy to suppress and counter vital healing to tanks, constantly keeping tanks from benefiting from jenos healing as much as other characters can with their abilities to retreat.
    It pretty much forced Caut pickups as counters to reduce trade times.
    Now tanks have drastically less staying power and bigger recovery times thanks to Jenos support.

Now I am being told I know nothing about caut... I don't know how to seek cover and retreat.... Thanks.
    That is like me saying you can't even heal.... get real.

Now lets discus the problem I have, even if I retreat.
    (since you didn't listen already.)
    Let's say at I fall back to comrades early at around 50% hp as a Tank.
    Jenos set and forget style healing in the current state of things right now takes a long time to recover enough hp for a Front Line with no self sustain return to the fight swiftly or seek healing mid fight.
    It pretty much forces the tank to have to get out of combat to heal or seek their own healing.
    This leaves the Front Line an open frag after sustaining pressure damage.

What I am actually proposing, is that when a Front Line retreats, I want my support to actually do a bit more then just gift me a pitiful amount of healing for a moment.
    I want to be able to fall back to my support to have a bit of protection and recovery, as Jenos current method of recovery is bogus.

"How it is that you haven't yet understood that you MUST retreat for heals, BY DESIGN?"
    Maybe cause I can use a verity of defensive abilities to de-cauterise in order to obtain healing WITHOUT giving up ground.
    Maybe cause retreating makes you lose key positions, waste resources and can get you shot in the back without cover fire from allies.
    I know from experience that burst healing or strong 450 - 600 sustain healing in the window I create for healing is more effective then a half as powerful low tier sustain healing at advanced levels of cauterise.
    Cause in the few seconds a FL or Flank can use abilities to shed caut (BY DESIGN), they can gain a tangible heal to overpower the enemy comp via recovery synergy.

Cause if I am Ash, Jenos healing is not going to support an Ash 8s damage immunity ult the way others can.
    l'd be lucky to even get much healing behind Ash's shield with Jenos as support the way it works now.

Super Moderator Emperor Wallachia's Avatar
    Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger Second Class 50000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3 Forum Tier 2
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    This animosity on some posts will get this thread closed.

Calm down before posting or I'll have to end this conversation.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the Forum's Code of Conduct.

HiRezAlyssa's Personal Power Ranger and Head Mod of Paladins Forums.

If it's for the good of all and general happiness of the nation, I am ready. Tell the people I'll stay!

Level
    Achievements:
    I love this whole discussion, your assumption that I am some redneck neanderthal brick head behemoth player head FL main who does not understand the basic principles of the game.... Thanks....
    [...]
    Now I am being told I know nothing about caut... I don't know how to seek cover and retreat.... Thanks.
    Dimitri, you were shocked that with Jenos you actually have to seek refuge to recover, not me. So, accusing me of accusing you of that is quite funny.

I'm saying, I have to retreat AND get out of combat. (A POINT I HAVE ALREADY MADE)
    IN ADDITION HEALING TALENT IS PATHETIC
    And by the way, retreating for being healed is what you should NO MATTER THE SUPPORT.

Do you really read what I write...? Or do you just focus on the bits you disfavour?
    I've just shown that it's actually YOU the one not reading what YOU write, so...

However, no worries, Walla, I am stopping answering to him right now. It's simply useless.
    Supports are in this state for people not playing supports asking for balance actions. The incredible part is that they keep doing this.
    I've finally found it!

#AggressiveSupports

Beta Player Count
    Level
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 76
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallachia View Post
    This animosity on some posts will get this thread closed.

Calm down before posting or I'll have to end this conversation.
    Walla lets be honest here do you really think they're going to calm down at this point?
    Favorite Support: Ying ,Maldamba
    Favorite Flank: Maeve and Talus
    Favorite Damage: Strix Sha Lin
    Favorite FL: Terminus Ash