Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: GAMEBREAKING: Dim Link not working

Level
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 278
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1 year registered Tagger Second Class Overdrive 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4
    Also another thing, rewind sometimes, basicly more often than sometimes doesn't spawn an illusion.

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    I had reported that bug looooooooooooooong time ago. Here:
    http://forums.paladins.com/showthrea...rd-not-working
    and here:
    http://forums.paladins.com/showthrea...er-Ying-leaves
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

#AggressiveSupports
    I'm tired of repeating the same things, watch this: link

"It's just Casual/ Go Ranked if you want a decent team/You are low tier, so you're bad." Rage

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1 year registered Tagger Second Class Overdrive 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4
    Maybe add these to the OP and and ask a mod to rename this thread to Yings bugs in general or something, then we harass walla with pms to sent it to evil mojo again and again

P.S.:Watching the pre nerf DL on the video you uploaded on one of those threads was depressing
    Last edited by GeSteYiam; 12-17-2018 at 04:47 AM.

Level
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 195
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkure View Post
    UPDATE:2) unable to cycle among the 3 positions (I was stuck in 2 of them, unable to come back to original position)
    Oh god, this one especially. This one so much. I cannot tell you how many times I've died because of this bug in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by GeSteYiam View Post
    Also another thing, rewind sometimes, basicly more often than sometimes doesn't spawn an illusion.
    And this! I'm sorry; I don't have much to add here other than "omigod me too!" But I'm glad I am not the only one anyway.
    Last edited by Spacey1; 12-17-2018 at 07:35 PM.
    Give your Ying a big hug!

"If fascism comes ... it will probably be wrapped up in the American flag and heralded as a plea for liberty and preservation of the constitution."

— James Waterman Wise, Jr.

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it."

— Martin Luther King, Jr.

Level
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 118
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Dimensional Link does not rotates between illusions, spawned during it's duration without targeting them. Instead, it rotates between your current location and two illusions, spawned before using Dimensional Link.

A way to reproduce.
    1. A is your location.
    2. Spawn an illusion B.
    3. Spawn an illusion C.
    4. Dim. Link to C.
    5. Spawn an illusion D.
    5. Continue using Dim. Link without targeting illusions. You will rotate between locations of B, A and C (Instead of expected D, A and C).

Bring back recolors with mix&match system for skins released prior to OB68!
    Bring back Lifelike and revert Smoke and Dagger!

Level
    Achievements:
    Also the rotation doesn't change order, if the orders is A>B>C if for example from B manualy blink to A the next untargeted blink will be B. After closer inspection this is what happens here and here making these 2 videos not bug related. Better place them on a deferent place on the OP cause they still might contain some info but it is missleading to say that you can see the bug there

@Valkure:Put this video 1st on the list cause it is the most obvious and the 1st video is most likely all people are gonna check

Quote Originally Posted by Avatarus View Post
    Dimensional Link does not rotates between illusions, spawned during it's duration without targeting them. Instead, it rotates between your current location and two illusions, spawned before using Dimensional Link.

A way to reproduce.
    1. A is your location.
    2. Spawn an illusion B.
    3. Spawn an illusion C.
    4. Dim. Link to C.
    5. Spawn an illusion D.
    5. Continue using Dim. Link without targeting illusions. You will rotate between locations of B, A and C (Instead of expected D, A and C).
    I see what you say though this is never the case in any videos i posted, in all of them exept the 2 i spoke of have problems in the original blink locations. Ether the DL rotates on the opposite order or it forgets illusions or both.

P.S.: WHere are the hunters lol? is the hunt a joke? We have shown a gamebreaking bug in great detail and not even 1 reply from a dev.
    P.S.2: Even if this thread has 1400 views the 1st video on the list has 41
    Last edited by GeSteYiam; 01-02-2019 at 05:53 AM.

Level
    Achievements:

Talking Big breakthrough

First of all you you know how DL works so you know why i blink where i blink when an illusion is forgotten
    The game remembers where Ying has been to and creates returned points there
    https://youtu.be/lOfevezgfyQ

If you go too close to a returne point it creates and other at the renge you could place illusions before the buff
    https://youtu.be/cRO5egt5vQY

If an illusions expires the return point stays there for ~8seconds and then is forgottten for good
    https://youtu.be/Z9K9p483lRI

This is how the game decides where to teleport you when there are no returne points active
    I found out when DL forgets an illusion

If 1 illusions is too far and you do a targeted blink to the closer illusion the DL forgets about the far one
    If you do an untargeted blink the DL forgets no illusions
    https://youtu.be/QLuf8C_m9SY

But how far do you need to be for an illusion to be forgoten i hear you ask, the answer is not far at all
    https://youtu.be/mMK5Ope6rPg
    (I use the light and spray for reference)

If both illusions are at forget range which as we enstablished is not that far even untargeted blink will cause 1 ullusion to be forgotten (i made sure i have no returne points behind the tagged skye by not going there at all)
    https://youtu.be/UxZtAQwnApw

Bugs still in mystery are why the DL dosn't blink you to a targeted illusion, why that the rotation change and why DL sometimes gets you nowhere although this might be a case of a badly created returne point or the rotation messup causing the 1st teleport to be in your original location. Also there might be other factor that cause DL to forget an illusion but fixing this one is a start.
    Last edited by GeSteYiam; 01-03-2019 at 05:27 AM.

Beta Player Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 123
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    So GeSteYiam linked me this thread and I'll chime in here with what I know.

Dimensional Link has 2 phases. Before you cast it, and after you cast it.

First Phase
    The initial cast teleports you to the location of your furthest illusion that's alive. If no illusions are alive, it uses the locations of the earliest "souls" of the illusions that were dropped. The "souls" of illusions are markers that are left behind when an illusion dies and last for 8 seconds, as someone earlier mentioned, before disappearing.

Second Phase
    Once you've casted DL the first time, it sets 3 locations that it uses as its cycle. These locations are:

1. The original location you first casted DL from
    2. The location of your other 2 illusions that were alive, or the souls as mentioned above if no illusions were out.

Together these form your cycle of spots that every non-targeted blink will teleport you through during the duration of DL. These spots move as your illusions/rewinds move, meaning they shift when you cast shatter and your illusions run off to follow someone or get knocked around by enemy knockback skills.

However, what if you drop a Q illusion in this second phase while DL is active, then use a targeted teleport to it? This is the only thing that will change your cycle. This illusion that you targeted will be put into your cycle as a new position, and the spot you teleported from will be "forgotten". Then also your cycle becomes reversed.

EXAMPLE: Lets say your 3 positions are A -> B -> C, and you are currently at C. Then you place an illusion at D and use targeted DL to D. C will be forgotten and your cycle becomes D -> B -> A with every non-targeted DL. This is the most confusing part and I'm not 100% sure why this happens.

Holding Left Click while casting DL is a no-no
    I mentioned in my Art of Ying video that you shouldn't hold left click when pressing DL otherwise it will teleport you back to your previous location, but it only applied to the shooting range. Now however it works in real games but there's some kind of delay to it that I'm not sure what the cause is, but just know that this is the cause of a lot of problems with your teleports. It may be a bug, but if it is a feature, it is very powerful if utilized correctly and I am still playing around with its applications.

I have experienced no other bugs that aren't explained by what I listed above. I watched the kami video but it was clear that he didn't actually target the illusion correctly (his aim was off to the left which resulted in a non-targeted blink). The aim requirement is rather tight. Every targeted DL will blink you to the illusion you targeted, there are no bugs with this, only bad aim (or you holding left click) causing you to teleport to another location.

Hopefully this makes some sense. It is all pretty confusing, even to me at times and there may be some other things I'm not 100% on but let me know further what's happening in your experiences.

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by RedRover View Post
    I sent you my last post #47 which show's how to replicate the bug that causes the DL to forget one of your illusions. if you cast dimentional link illusions ferther than some range are forgotten completely

Targeted blink is not really that tight

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Avatarus View Post
    Ok, let's focus again.

I am in place A, I shatter, so there's no clone left. I am there to recreate clones by Rewind, so I am not pressing Q, for that would waste my dim link. I press F, a total of 3 times. I move from A to expired clones B, then to expired clones C, then to B, then to C again, then there's still no way to go back in place A, even if I keep pressing F.
    Seriously, we're not completely dumb and I think me and Geste have enough levels on Ying to know how things are working. Can you, in this and the other thread, for a single moment STOP THINKING WE ARE RETARDED???

The hell!

EDIT
    I've asked Walla to forward this to devs. Let's hope for a fix!
    Last edited by Valkure; 01-07-2019 at 01:49 AM.
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

#AggressiveSupports
    I'm tired of repeating the same things, watch this: link

"It's just Casual/ Go Ranked if you want a decent team/You are low tier, so you're bad." Rage