Thread: New Champions Prices

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 36

Unhappy New Champions Prices

I am new at the game and my friend told me that the prices are higher now. The time spent for Champion looks fair, but having 12 to play rankeds is too much. I think it need to be lowered a little bit, because it is unmotivational to the new players

Level
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 213
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Forum Tier 2 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 4
    Then there will be more toxic people, more trolls, more people who ruin your games and so on.
    RESISTANCE SHOULD WIN!

RESISTANCE SHOULD WIN!!!

Level
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 170
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 Forum Tier 2 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    The reason for 12 champs is because there are 10 in a match plus 4 bans (used to be 2). So if you don't have a lot of champions you could conceivably find yourself in the position of not having any champions to pick because all the ones you have unlocked are already picked or banned.

I'm very new to Paladins as well but I would tend to think that the ranked requirements are probably a good thing, especially coming from a lot of time spent in another hero based shooter whose name I will not utter here, it's best to keep people out who don't have lots of experience with lots of different characters.

I do, however, agree that the prices for champions is pretty steep. I know that there are login bonuses and you get some gold for each account level up and all, but each match only gives you like 150-200 gold or something. With many champions being 60k gold that's a lot of grinding. In effect it obviously makes buying either the champion pack or the season pass to earn more gold very tempting which is what they would like, but I haven't given in quite yet... I probably will though, it's a fun game and they deserve something.

I personally will probably go with the season pass, the extra gold will probably earn me 3-4 champions on top of what I would earn anyway. I don't care about owning ALL of them as many champions don't look that fun to me anyways.

Member Esquire
    Level
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Achievements:
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojeda View Post
    I am new at the game and my friend told me that the prices are higher now. The time spent for Champion looks fair, but having 12 to play rankeds is too much. I think it need to be lowered a little bit, because it is unmotivational to the new players
    new champ are always pricey cause their new if you want them buy when they got old

Member Knight
    Level
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class 250 Experience Points 31 days registered Closed Beta Tester
    Champ pack or Founders pack - no reason to buy anything. 60k gold - " let's raise a glass or two to all the things I've lost on you ". In the other words, nothing much.
    And comp isn't the best argument ever in every possible situation.

Beta Player Sovereign Prince ElectroPaladin's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 163
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3
    You know if you look at the bigger picture it isn't just 12 champs. God forbid if you jump into ranked with one chracter at level 25 while other 11 at level 2, just level up your characters to level 12(without buying levels), you will get 12 champs, will have experience on champs AND will have a lot of playstyles to choose from depending on the situation.